Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** IRISH FLAGS NOT ALLOWED IN STADIUM**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:05pm
Stadium stewards destroyed my flag so I'm very weary about bringing the replacement...more hassle getting it back at different times as well. Just bring it to away games now
Sponsored Links

GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by daveyc daveyc wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by MasterOfApples MasterOfApples wrote:

We were commenting on how poor the ground looks nowadays w.r.t. flags in comparison to the old Lansdowne. The place badly needs some colour. Didn't realise there were restrictions in place regarding flags. The England end looked really good with all their flags. Scots will do the same I expect.  Can't understand why the home fans can't do the same.

Been saying it for ages the FAI should be encouraging fans to bring their flags and turn the place into a Giants stadium but sure what do we know

indeed we need a sea of green - did nt see the Richard Dunne flag either sunday

The Richard Dunne flag has been gone for over two years.

Got lost after the Poland friendly that time.

Edited by GreenArmy! - 08 Jun 2015 at 9:07pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:08pm
They just could not give less of a f**k about atmosphere etc and look upon the dedicated irish support with disgust, they don't even try to hide it anymore. i sometimes get desensitised to the whole thing  until it hits me again that this is the association and its leader charged with promoting the sport in the f**king country
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

Originally posted by daveyc daveyc wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by MasterOfApples MasterOfApples wrote:

We were commenting on how poor the ground looks nowadays w.r.t. flags in comparison to the old Lansdowne. The place badly needs some colour. Didn't realise there were restrictions in place regarding flags. The England end looked really good with all their flags. Scots will do the same I expect.  Can't understand why the home fans can't do the same.

Been saying it for ages the FAI should be encouraging fans to bring their flags and turn the place into a Giants stadium but sure what do we know

indeed we need a sea of green - did nt see the Richard Dunne flag either sunday

The Richard Dunne flag has been gone for over two years.

Got lost after the Poland friendly that time.

F**k that long pity, was my favorite with ushanka hat 
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:13pm
The FAI are going ridiculously overboard since the USA match and now they are absolutly taking the piss.
Not aloud hang flags of any kind now? Sure why not go all the way and ban us from singing, shouting or god forbid supporting the team in any way shape or form.
They couldnt give a sh*te as long as the dictator is happy.
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:24pm
How would it look if the fans left their flags at home on Saturday and all arrived in the SS in white or black......silent first 15 minutes and then chants of Peaceful Protest......JD out....Time for Change.....

The way i see it is very simple....the FAI know they can treat you like sh*t on Sunday and there will still be fools willing to give up their free time to decorate the stadium the next Saturday......if i was in Abbottown I would be laughing all day long knowing that i am getting away with the sh*t.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Guys in suits are Fai officials I know them all including the lad in charge of the Ss.

They don't carry any fai badge and are also on duty for rugby games that's why I said
JD & Coke View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD & Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:33pm
Any way of getting the Gardai on our side? Just ignore the stewards and tell them to f**k right off with themselves.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:41pm
Rugby have their own staff 2 totally separate bunch of people in charge.Iwas involved in Stewarding for 3 years but gave it up as it ruined the game for me.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:45pm
As someone who works in Security in a Stadium I always play the Ground regulations card to solve an argument, as far as I'm aware there's no ground regulations at the Aviva which involve not being able to bring a type of flag to the stadium so it might be a valid argument to throw back at them.

The only regulation I'm aware of is the flagpole has to be plastic and less than 1 meter 
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:48pm
I think someone should get onto the minister for sport Paschal Donohoe, just a quick email explaining the situation to see what he has to say about it.

Could act as the middle man.

Also, Joe Duffy. NEVER thought id say that seriously, but all the middle aged aul wan / aul fellas / taximen would be in uproar.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

As someone who works in Security in a Stadium I always play the Ground regulations card to solve an argument, as far as I'm aware there's no ground regulations at the Aviva which involve not being able to bring a type of flag to the stadium so it might be a valid argument to throw back at them.

The only regulation I'm aware of is the flagpole has to be plastic and less than 1 meter 

Mmmmmmmm so if I had a flag on 20mm plastic conduit about 900mm long I would be fine ?

Cos a bloody gard confiscated it before the Poland game ( the pole not the flag) (the pole being the conduit not a person)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
GREENISLE View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GREENISLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:52pm
I reckon we all bring in a flag each with nothing to do with anti JD/FAI and hold them up at the se time, say the 5th minute and everyone shush at the same time. Something like that..
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 10:47pm
How many of us have our own flags other then YBIG flags? 

The whole premium and upper section should be decked out them. 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 10:58pm
A lot of us that have flags don't even bother taking them to home games as to much hassle getting them up. It's easier to get our flags hung in foreign stadiums than it is our own they say can't cover sponsors yet in Poland for the euros hundreds of irish flags covered sponsors such as coca cola with no issue and I'm sure they paid Uefa a lot more money than our sponsors are paying the fai
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
JD & Coke View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD & Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 11:02pm
Ye like is the head of coca cola or whoever going to ring Delaney up monday morning about covering their name with a flag? Prob dont even know the game is on.
awaydays View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awaydays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 11:20pm
Really in two minds whether to bring my flag Saturday or not a steward ripped it at the fai cup final in November and because its was fully stitched over in England cost me 40 quid to get it repaired and sent over and back. England end looked well decked out with their flags. Had less issue hanging a flag at the Euros then in the aviva.
Your twistin my melon man
JD & Coke View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD & Coke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 11:22pm
What can the stewards do if you just tell them to f**k off, they cant physically carry lads out? There is more fans than them scumbags.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic