Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*** IRISH FLAGS NOT ALLOWED IN STADIUM**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

How the hell do you register a flag? 

I was told it was only for the England game.

Security took down my details and said it'll be ok to hang it up for the next game.

I heard that too, but you wouldn't know with the FAI. This could easily become the norm, they make the rules as they go along.

I'm not sure if you're the guy I'm talking about but I watched security take down a flag give it to the man and he walked 50 yards and tried to put it up again. 

I was told it was 'not to provoke the opposition due to the history' yet directly opposite me i was looking at Union Jacks. 

I was in a white shirt, up in the premium section right behind the goals. Could have been me, my mate was going to try put back up our flag but I told him not to bother.

Well in most other countries they look after their own people first and then the away fans. Yet in Ireland our own federation doesn't give a f**k about us and will tend to the needs of away fans greatly.

Yeah sure let the English fans put up their flags, but don't let our own.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 5:35pm
This thread is a sad indictment of the state of the FAI . Structured to cater for one man and his ego .

Council should be ashamed of themselves .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
sullo-bohs View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sullo-bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 5:51pm
Seen a tri-colour with something about Limerick being rolled up and tossed aside during the match, it was beside the large YBIG tri-colour near the corner flag.
"Napoleon chose his generals because they were lucky, not because they were brave"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 5:57pm
The FAI have improved their security for the SS section for saturday's game.  It will still be called the SS but for very different reasons

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 6:21pm

How the hell do you register a flag? 

I was told it was only for the England game.

Security took down my details and said it'll be ok to hang it up for the next game.

I heard that too, but you wouldn't know with the FAI. This could easily become the norm, they make the rules as they go along.

I'm not sure if you're the guy I'm talking about but I watched security take down a flag give it to the man and he walked 50 yards and tried to put it up again. 

I was told it was 'not to provoke the opposition due to the history' yet directly opposite me i was looking at Union Jacks. 

I was in a white shirt, up in the premium section right behind the goals. Could have been me, my mate was going to try put back up our flag but I told him not to bother.

Well in most other countries they look after their own people first and then the away fans. Yet in Ireland our own federation doesn't give a f**k about us and will tend to the needs of away fans greatly.

Yeah sure let the English fans put up their flags, but don't let our own.

Yea that was you then Ii was watching, you'd of thought we were trying to put up flags with 'up the ra' on them... mines a GAA badge Confused
Joke, wonder if we can complain about scottish flags in our home section then..  it'll be provoking home fans.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 6:26pm
Why would you have a gaa crest on a flag at a football match? You are all sorts of confused
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 6:29pm
I couldn't get over it tbh.

As you rightly pointed out there wasn't anything shocking on my flag but sure rules seem to be made up as they go along.

The funny part was when security came over and didn't even know Joe McGlue's (FAI head of security) proper name.

That's exactly it, the FAI treat away fans like kings and treat our lot like sh*te.

Enough is enough.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 6:32pm
Them guys in suits tho mate ain't fai security they are a viva ltd employees
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Why would you have a gaa crest on a flag at a football match? You are all sorts of confused

Not confused at all PM, simply showing where I'm from and where the team are being supported from.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 7:05pm
Guys in suits are Fai officials I know them all including the lad in charge of the Ss.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Guys in suits are Fai officials I know them all including the lad in charge of the Ss.

Ya that is my belief. And I was told by one yesterday that he was an FAI employee.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by sullo-bohs sullo-bohs wrote:

Seen a tri-colour with something about Limerick being rolled up and tossed aside during the match, it was beside the large YBIG tri-colour near the corner flag.

Now you mention it I was in the upper West stand and happened to notice a gust of wind blew it onto the pitch so the steward sitting nearby got up to remove it from the pitch but instead of laying it out flat he just rolled it up and left it beside the advertising hoarding.
sullo-bohs View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sullo-bohs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by sullo-bohs sullo-bohs wrote:

Now you mention it I was in the upper West stand and happened to notice a gust of wind blew it onto the pitch so the steward sitting nearby got up to remove it from the pitch but instead of laying it out flat he just rolled it up and left it beside the advertising hoarding.

I know it's a separate issue but I still believe any SS should be in the North Stand, always looks class decked out in away team colours, and then just f**k the away fans up in the gods. Plus flags won't blow away! But anyway more important things to be discussed!
"Napoleon chose his generals because they were lucky, not because they were brave"
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 8:04pm
Limerick City Flag was beside Ybig one before the start of game but was lifted minutes into the game.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
MasterOfApples View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterOfApples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 8:29pm
We were commenting on how poor the ground looks nowadays w.r.t. flags in comparison to the old Lansdowne. The place badly needs some colour. Didn't realise there were restrictions in place regarding flags. The England end looked really good with all their flags. Scots will do the same I expect.  Can't understand why the home fans can't do the same.

Edited by MasterOfApples - 08 Jun 2015 at 8:29pm
Craven Cottage, by the river ...
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 8:42pm
There was bloody flags hanging left right and centre at the Poland game
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by MasterOfApples MasterOfApples wrote:

We were commenting on how poor the ground looks nowadays w.r.t. flags in comparison to the old Lansdowne. The place badly needs some colour. Didn't realise there were restrictions in place regarding flags. The England end looked really good with all their flags. Scots will do the same I expect.  Can't understand why the home fans can't do the same.

Been saying it for ages the FAI should be encouraging fans to bring their flags and turn the place into a Giants stadium but sure what do we know
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by MasterOfApples MasterOfApples wrote:

Been saying it for ages the FAI should be encouraging fans to bring their flags and turn the place into a Giants stadium but sure what do we know

indeed we need a sea of green - did nt see the Richard Dunne flag either sunday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic