You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Cricket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 125>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 6:09pm
So Zim are out regardless ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 6:10pm
No, look at it again:

If the match ends in a tie and there are 25.2 overs or more played per side (i.e. whether a rain shortened game or otherwise) - Zimbabwe qualify

If there are less overs for the chasing side and it ends in a tie on the DLS par score, then Ireland qualify.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 22 Mar 2018 at 6:11pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

No, look at it again:

If the match ends in a tie and there are 25.2 overs or more played per side (i.e. whether a rain shortened game or otherwise) - Zimbabwe qualify

If there are less overs for the chasing side and it ends in a tie on the DLS par score, then Ireland qualify.

Apologies
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:02pm
What would have happened if only a couple of games went ahead because of the weather? Or only one? Genuinely curious as to whether there have been any examples.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:09pm
Most games have enough time to get a result. It's rare enough to lose an entire ODI to rain when you only need time for 20 overs each.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Most games have enough time to get a result. It's rare enough to lose an entire ODI to rain when you only need time for 20 overs each.
I get that and I'm not being glib, but there must be examples of whole tournaments being decided by storms and the like?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:43pm
Watched the Zimbabwe innings today. Looks very much on with about 5 overs to go. Crowd was dancing, chanting, looked great. Think it was about 32 required off 20 at one stage. Then there was a moment when one of the Zimbabwe lads was coming back for 2, and the UAE bowler (accidentally) got in his way. No problem with the run, but you coudl see the batter got a bit enraged. He started trash talking and you could see he seemed to decided there and then, "f**k this, I'm smashing this". He mish*t it, out. Next wicket fell 3/4 balls later and they could never get going after that.

Day off for me tomorrow, have a few things to do in the morning but should be plonked on the couch by 12.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:55pm
Can they not play cricket indoors? Does be a fair amount of results decided by the weather
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:13pm
It's pretty tricky to put a roof on a cricket pitch.

Aside from the ExCel Centre in London, I doubt anywhere has a big enough area under a support free roof, and that roof is low.

Even baseball domes might not be big enough.

Plus, the humidity plays havoc with things, which would need to be regulated indoors.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:16pm
If I remember correctly Was there not a cricket game held in the millennium stadium a couple of year ago ?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:28pm
So down to the game tomorrow . Hard call really as the Afgans must fancy this also .
Just hope we can get going early if we win the toss and bat any score over 270 will be way too much  for them to chase , hey we will soon find out . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 6:12am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

So down to the game tomorrow . Hard call really as the Afgans must fancy this also .
Just hope we can get going early if we win the toss and bat any score over 270 will be way too much  for them to chase , hey we will soon find out . 

Dunno if that's true, they have two of the top four ranked all rounders there is, they're a better team than us and would be capable of chasing that it certainly isn't way too much. (they also have the world's second best bowler, needless to say we've no player in any top ten).

Personally think the bookies have it way off and we should be 2/1 if not 5/2, luckily we won't win or lose based on that!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 7:36am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Dunno if that's true, they have two of the top four ranked all rounders there is, they're a better team than us and would be capable of chasing that it certainly isn't way too much. (they also have the world's second best bowler, needless to say we've no player in any top ten).

Personally think the bookies have it way off and we should be 2/1 if not 5/2, luckily we won't win or lose based on that!
I say we will agree to disagree on that one as I think 270 would be too big to chase . Look lets see who wins the toss and if we win we have to bat first . Still think the Afgans blow hot and cold this could be our day . Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:00am
Ireland batting

Steady start

24/0 off 7 overs

RR 3.42
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:17am

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I say we will agree to disagree on that one as I think 270 would be too big to chase . Look lets see who wins the toss and if we win we have to bat first . Still think the Afgans blow hot and cold this could be our day . Thumbs Up

Hope you're right!
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:57am
Cant imagine it'll be a high total at all. Outfield seems like its taken a lot of rain. And with the nerves involved, cant see too many looking to hit big shots. As long as they keep ticking over, then let the obriens slog
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:01am
Can't watch it as I'm stuck in work. Just getting updates on BET365. Afghanistan gone to 3/10 to win, Ireland 5/2. 76/1 in the 23rd over seems a very small total.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 9:07am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Can't watch it as I'm stuck in work. Just getting updates on BET365. Afghanistan gone to 3/10 to win, Ireland 5/2. 76/1 in the 23rd over seems a very small total.

Need to get a hurry on alright but having wickets in hand for the final 10 overs is key. Need at least 260 to be competitive.....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9091929394 125>
  Share Topic