You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Cricket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 125>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 3:46pm
You beauty well done to all involved

Edited by Denis Irwin - 22 Jun 2017 at 3:49pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 3:49pm
Unanimous decision
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 3:53pm
Unbelievable news!!

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 3:53pm
A nation holds its breath.

We're there.

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 4:10pm
Do Ireland get immediately included in the Future Tours Programme or do they have to wait for the next cycle?
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 4:20pm
Fantastic news. Clap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 4:47pm
great stuff! the schools game has started to produce some great youngsters over the past couple of years, this will now give them a genuine thought of staying in the sport and playing at a test level.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Unbelievable news!!

I was told by a fella who actually follows cricket that it was a 50-50 decision, by that reckoning I don't see how it could be unbelievable.

Best of luck to them all the same.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 8:49pm
So we're in the big time now, not before time.

Congratulations to everyone who has brought the sport on here since 2006, assembling decent players, hiring good coaches, building a purpose built stadium in Malahide, and establishing a domestic league. All on next to no financial support from various Irish governments down the years, and modest media coverage at best. Even today, on the greatest day in Irish Cricket history, a British horse race, some parochial boghockey muck, and coverage of rugby friendlies halfway round the world was considered more important, than Irish Cricket joining the elite Cricket nations on a level playing field for the first time ever.

We've come very far from the days of amateurism, and the "office" being the boot of Adrian Birrell's car. Which was not very long ago. While the boghockey shower can only ever go as far as Jones Road, our cricketers can now go anywhere from Johannesburg to Jamaica to Jaipur and get well rewarded for it. They deserve everything they get.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:41pm
Holy sh*t, unreal i must say .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Unbelievable news!!

I was told by a fella who actually follows cricket that it was a 50-50 decision, by that reckoning I don't see how it could be unbelievable.

It's unbelievable because I grew up watching Ireland as a county team. And one of the worst of them at that, there was zero chance of us getting test then, I still remember going to school and getting sl*gged for watching cricket before we beat Pakistan,to come from that, to being a decent one day team and causing a sh*t load of shocks to having test status in such a sport spell is amazing

On a different point, we'll only likely be playing Afghanistan and Zimbabwe for a while and first test will almost definitely be Afghanistan, you'd imagine that will be in the UAE

Edited by nvidic - 22 Jun 2017 at 9:57pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:58pm
Yep with maybe the odd Test match against England

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:58pm
Where you can buy the gear they wore back in the World Cup.

Was a massive fun of the hoodie but O'Neills look to of dis-continued hoodies.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Yep with maybe the odd Test match against England

They owe us quite a few

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:01pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Unbelievable news!!

It's unbelievable because I grew up watching Ireland as a county team. And one of the worst of them at that, there was zero chance of us getting test then, I still remember going to school and getting sl*gged for watching cricket before we beat Pakistan,to come from that, to being a decent one day team and causing a sh*t load of shocks to having test status in such a sport spell is amazing

On a different point, we'll only likely be playing Afghanistan and Zimbabwe for a while and first test will almost definitely be Afghanistan, you'd imagine that will be in the UAE
Ah right, it still doesn't make this news 'unbelievable' but I take your point. I assume they will get a few hammerings over the next few years before seeing signs of improvement?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:07pm
All on perspective, I grew up following the team after my dad passed the bug on,they were awful and nobody followed them, a lot on here remember the well and were in same boat, this isn't too different to saying to me now Bray would win Europa league, it sounds completely ridiculous, unachievable and absolutely unbelievable

If you're going by purely recent facts, then no, it's not unbelievable, but by same metric you couldn't call Trump presidency, brexit, Macron overhaul of French politics etc unbelievable

They could hold their own against Zimbabwe and Afghanistan but would be hammered by the rest more than likely

Edited by nvidic - 22 Jun 2017 at 10:08pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:18pm

All on perspective, I grew up following the team after my dad passed the bug on,they were awful and nobody followed them, a lot on here remember the well and were in same boat, this isn't too different to saying to me now Bray would win Europa league, it sounds completely ridiculous, unachievable and absolutely unbelievable

If you're going by purely recent facts, then no, it's not unbelievable, but by same metric you couldn't call Trump presidency, brexit, Macron overhaul of French politics etc unbelievable

They could hold their own against Zimbabwe and Afghanistan but would be hammered by the rest more than likely
I really don't want to get involved in semantics but, unfortunately, it is my nature! The achievement may be unbelievable, I haven't enough interest or knowledge to speculate, but the news of an outcome that was seen by many as 50-50 could never be "unbelievable". The other examples were all less than 50-50, I think Trump was still 4-1 the day before the election for example and some bookies had Brexit at 6-1 in the lead up to the referendum. Personally, I couldn't believe the result when I heard it the next morning, so I would suggest that it could be described as "unbelievable".
Apologies for being a ****.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:27pm
Great day! Remember Kevin O' Brien once helped me stay in a job!😂

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 22 Jun 2017 at 10:27pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 125>
  Share Topic