You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Abroad 2023/24

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4s4wpQKh4D/?igsh=MTNoMDhoejdtbHN0bg==

LOL

Brilliant ,

FYI lad has no Irish heritage that I'm aware of, has turned up before for international duty in similar retro kits

Who the f**k is that?
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4s4wpQKh4D/?igsh=MTNoMDhoejdtbHN0bg==

LOL

Brilliant ,

FYI lad has no Irish heritage that I'm aware of, has turned up before for international duty in similar retro kits

Id be sure he does somewhere with a Scottish da
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Clubs outside UK/Ireland/America that have had more than one Irish player make a senior appearance for them off the top of my head.

Udinese, Excelsior, Lyon, Inter, Juve (if you're counting non-Serie A apps for Ronnie O'Brien), Feyenoord, Anderlecht, Royal Antwerp, AGF Aarhus, CSKA Sofia, Sporting Lisbon...

Can't be many
others.

Sporting Gijon, FC Nancy, Le Havre, Real Sociedad, Ajax, Marseille and Sampdoria
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 4:58pm
I've just noticed you said "more than one"

My bad.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 8:58am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Myself and Philip Flanagan are delighted to be joined on the latest podcast episode by Richard van Zijl of Excelsior Rotterdam fan podcast "Fein op Woudestein" to discuss the history of the club, how Troy Parrott is performing in the Eredivisie this season, and cult hero, for both Ireland and Excelsior fans, David Connolly!

acast
Apple Podcasts
Spotify
Google Podcasts

Thanks lads. Enjoyed this as usual. Great that you did something slightly different but kept the Irish national team angle. Learned a few new thing about Dutch clubs as well. 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2024 at 9:41am
Thanks, we had been talking about doing this for a little while, and researched some podcasts we thought might be interested in coming on.
Richard was a bit nervous about it, but he was brilliant. 
We' might have him back at the end of the season
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2024 at 5:19pm

I'm joined by Mark Kennedy of Hawkeye Sidekick and Philip Flanagan of The Bottomless Pit of Football to discuss the Republic of Ireland's friendlies against Belgium and Switzerland, under interim manager John O'Shea. Did the rookie boss do enough to convince the FAI, and the fans, that he's a genuine candidate for full time manager of the senior men's team?

While the U21s got their European Championship campaign back on track against San Marino, the more important result came in Italy, where a last minute goal earned a draw for Turkey. What do these do results mean for the team's chances of qualification for next year's tournament in Slovakia?

And finally, we discuss the women's team's opening fixtures in their European Championship qualifying campaign. We've earned the right to face the top teams in the world, what do we need to do to continue facing them?

acast
Apple Podcasts
Spotify
Google Podcasts

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 05 Apr 2024 at 5:28pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic