You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM WISH LIST PG 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 30>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 3:53pm
The collection looked fantastic and got a great reaction, great to see all the pics with the players and Giles in front of the collection.
I know nothing :-)
Sponsored Links

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 4:25pm
The beauty about the shirts is that even tho there were just 10 on display at the awards every single persons own memory of each shirt is unique. Some from being at the game,watching in a bar with friends or family no longer with us etc.

Everyone including MON wanted to tell their own unique memory of each shirt or tournament or player. It was brilliant to hear both young and old recalling great days and also learning about shirts that some had never even seen or knew existed.

The jerseys just act as that reminder and they bring you right back to those special times.

They are not my shirts they are our history.

Edited by irelandshirts - 05 Jun 2018 at 4:25pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Ash. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 4:44pm
I probably missed a post on it and my eyes have glazed over a bit going through the pages & pics but do you have the jersey that was never worn, I think it was between 1989-91, adidas and in the style of West Germany 1990 but it had the old 3 shamrocks crest.
Pretty sure it was never worn in a match but I have a vague memory of seeing it on sale way back then and the main reason I didnt buy was I thought it was a knock off as I didnt recall the team ever wearing it.

I wish I had bought it at the time ... and bought it many sizes bigger so that it'd fit me now
Larry Be Wyse

www.acsportsimages.com
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 4:55pm
An Irish football museum would not just be for current senior players but all players from all grades past and present and the League of Ireland clubs.

I have just used the Senior teams shirts as the focal point to start a museum but past players, their families, LOI clubs, supporters, collectors of Irish match tickets, programs, boots along with the FAI items in Abbottstown and the paper archive stored in UCD would mean an incredible collection could be drawn together to cover the history of the game in Ireland.

With Euro 2020 and the centenary of the FAI in 2021 there we are at a point in our history when something needs to happen now on this front.It just needs to start and as Joey the Lips says in the Committments- " i believe in starts".

Speaking to Jimmy and Essie Nolan on Friday night i know how supportive they are of the project and how delighted they were with the reaction of the fans to it on the night.And that was just 10 shirts!! We could have filled the ballroom with all the exhibits.

It would be incredible if an Irish football Museum comes to be that could be dedicated to the memory of their son James who passed away in Poland nearly 6 years ago.

I will keep working on that goal and you never know.

"The James Nolan Collection"

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Ash. Ash. wrote:

I probably missed a post on it and my eyes have glazed over a bit going through the pages & pics but do you have the jersey that was never worn, I think it was between 1989-91, adidas and in the style of West Germany 1990 but it had the old 3 shamrocks crest.
Pretty sure it was never worn in a match but I have a vague memory of seeing it on sale way back then and the main reason I didnt buy was I thought it was a knock off as I didnt recall the team ever wearing it.

I wish I had bought it at the time ... and bought it many sizes bigger so that it'd fit me now
its in the sponsorless jersey thread Ash 

Scratch that, images have all become blank for some reason

Edited by Sham157 - 05 Jun 2018 at 6:55pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:01am
I don't often ask but I really would love to add one of the Irish shirts worn v USA with the special number on the back to the museum archive.

If anyone can please help me to secure one of these shirts either outfield or goalkeeper (not fussy 😜) I would really greatly appreciate it.

Irelandsoccershirts@gmail.com

Edited by irelandshirts - 06 Jun 2018 at 9:06am

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 5:38pm
Hard to believe that 30 years ago the Ireland team were preparing in Germany for Euro 1988 and our opening game v England.

As a 9 year old boy that month of June is seared into my memory.

This is David Kelly's official Ireland suit that he wore in Germany all those years ago.His late father from Crumlin would always wear this suit at every Kelly family event with great pride from 1989 until his death in 2014.

David Kelly very kindly donated all of his Irish tournament suits from Euro 1988, Italia 1990 & USA 1994 to my museum project as he said "his dad would have gotten a great kick out of seeing his favourite suit in a book & museum".

30 years on we remember all our Euro 1988 heroes as we approach the anniversary of our first ever major tournament finals appearance. 🇮🇪⚽🍀💚

depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 10:33pm
What a lovely story . I didn’t know David’s father was from Dublin . 
Always felt David had that bit of luck about him in front of goal . Had a great attitude too .  Should have had more games for us . I was at his first match when he scored that Hattrick. 

Edited by depechemode - 11 Jun 2018 at 12:40am
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 11:50pm
On this day 28 years ago the Irish team played England in our first ever World Cup finals match.

Kevin Sheedy scored a beauty and during the tournament Ireland wore probably the two most iconic kit styles in our history.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 8:44am
30 years ago today Ray Houghton scored his famous goal v England in Stuttgart at Euro 88.

Our expectations were never the same again! What a team,manager,era and jersey.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 9:29am
Heartbreakingly for his dad Jimmy, this year James Nolan 6th anniversary is today Father's Day.

I'm sure all Irish fans will send their continued love & support to the Nolan family & keep James in their thoughts & prayers.

His mum Essie told me the other night that "it's still like a dream & I expect to wake up soon".

I can only speak for myself but certainly James passing changed my reaction to Irish results on the pitch.Win or lose its only a game,support your team & enjoy yourself.

It's about the journey not the result.

RIP James.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 8:30pm
Been meaning to ask this for a while, the following shirt, hanging in Westwood Clontarf. Claims to be Roy Keane's shirt, anyone know what game this would have been? From the 05/06 season IIRC. Can't remember him being 19, and most games around then had inscriptions, eg "Ireland V France 6th June". Any ideas?

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Been meaning to ask this for a while, the following shirt, hanging in Westwood Clontarf. Claims to be Roy Keane's shirt, anyone know what game this would have been? From the 05/06 season IIRC. Can't remember him being 19, and most games around then had inscriptions, eg "Ireland V France 6th June". Any ideas?

FAO SHEDITE:

Im going to say its not Roy Keans but Clinton Morrisons spare shirt from the game v China in LR ON 29th March 2005.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

FAO SHEDITE:

Im going to say its not Roy Keans but Clinton Morrisons spare shirt from the game v China in LR ON 29th March 2005.
Good shout. Just looking at pictures from the night - Keane wore 17, Morrison 19, Kavanagh 6
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 1:45pm
On the back of the website & the response to the "40 Shades of Green" book in 2017, earlier this year i had plans in place for putting on an independent free public exhibition of some of our Irish football history in a Dublin City Centre location that would run from June to December 2018.

After discussions with the FAI i was made aware of their plans for a National Football Exhibition. I know some people have always thought that this project was a solo effort or a vanity project by me but really all i have ever wanted to do was bring the FAI to the table and have them actively engaged in a meaningful way to honour our footballing history and to have them as the governing body of the sport take on the responsibility to preserve,protect & display where possible our past history like the GAA has done.

Having met with the FAI from 2005 onwards i am not so naive as to think that the Euro 2020 games in Dublin & the Centenary of the FAI in 2021 have not focused their minds towards an exhibition in a way that my best intentions ever could.

That being said i do know that the book and the response to the "James Nolan Collection" especially after Jimmy Nolan & all the Nolan family has backed the project has been noted by the FAI and acknowledged.Jimmy has been brilliant and his voice & passion has certainly been heard in Abbotstown.

In recent weeks the FAI have appointed a full time National Football Exhibition Co-ordinator . Plans are being put in place to bring some of our Irish football history on tour around the country to different locations from November 2018 until the Euro games in Dublin in 2020.

This is an important first step that will hopefully lead to a fit for purpose permanent location to house and display our Irish football in the years after 2021. I have given the FAI the full and free use of any and all exhibits that they wish to use and i personally will not be benefiting financially in any way from this process.

Speaking on behalf of the Nolan family we are delighted that the FAI have asked to use items from the "James Nolan Collection" in their upcoming exhibition and that James memory will be acknowledged within the exhibition so that visitors will get a chance to see items of our proud footballing past and also remember a fellow Irish fan who tragically never came home from supporting our team in Poland.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 10:03am
Hard to believe it was 7 years ago today that Richard Dunne gave the performance of a lifetime in Moscow.A performance that will never be forgotten.

Hopefully Dunnes iconic "marker" shirt will form part of the national football exhibition planned for late 2018 that will visit different parts of the country to celebrate our footballing history.

Edited by irelandshirts - 06 Sep 2018 at 10:08am

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 12:41pm
Just want to thank Kevin Sheedy for his time and help at the Jack Charlton Reunion event at the K Club on Monday. All of the outstanding items from the James Nolan Collection that were unsigned have now all been signed by the Irish players from 1988,1990 & 1994 teams.

All of the Irish players were brilliant with their time and the unrushed signatures on the items make a huge difference.

A huge photography update is now scheduled to update the website with all of the existing items that are now signed and all the new additions from 2018 so far.

Further news to follow shortly re the exhibition plans.

Edited by irelandshirts - 26 Sep 2018 at 12:48pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:22pm
The National Football Exhibition is launching this Friday night in Dublin Castle. This interactive exhibition looks to celebrate the last 60 years of Irish football.

It will travel around Ireland until the Euro 2020 games in Dublin. It is the first step hopefully towards an actual Irish football museum. The FAI, Dublin City Council & UEFA are all involved. Many items have been loaned to the project by Ybiggers.

I am very honoured to say that items from the James Nolan Collection will feature and James Nolan will also be remembered in the exhibition itself.His family will also attend the launch event.

I hope fans will come out & visit the exhibition when it visits their nearest area.

#ybig

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 30>
  Share Topic