Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM WISH LIST PG 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 30>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Hi Eddie,

I was over at the Oscar Traynor Development Centre last week and the guy at the reception said there were a pair of Tony Cascarino's togs in the lost and found bin since a training session was held there in 1992. Might interest you.
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Hi Eddie,

I was over at the Oscar Traynor Development Centre last week and the guy at the reception said there were a pair of Tony Cascarino's togs in the lost and found bin since a training session was held there in 1992. Might interest you.

the scary thing is it just might. !!
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 4:27am
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 1:22pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 3:38pm
Its been a while since the last website update so Monday sees the new items being photographed in studio and all items will be then be updated and hopefully live on the website by 21/04/18.

Only 4 unique shirt styles (N Ireland 1980,Turkey 1976,Brazil 1974 and France 1973) now remain outstanding to complete the kits i want from 1966 to 2018.That would leave just a few kits from 1926-1966 which are probably never going to be attainable in any event.

If anyone can help with the final 4 kit styles please get in touch at irelandsoccershirts@gmail.com

Just a few of the items from next update:

(1)Robbie Keane Anthem Jacket from 50th International goal
(2)David Kellys official world cup 1994 t-shirt & polo shirt
(3)David Kellys Euro 88 official tie to complete blazer/shirt set
(4)Shay Given Euro 2016 #16 purple goalkeepers shirt v Sweden
(5)Dean Kielys #16 grey goalkeepers shirt v Holland 2004
(6)Gerry Peytons #16 yellow goalkeepers shirt v Luxembourg 1987
(7)Alan Moores #19 white shirt v Bolivia from Nike US Cup 1996
(8)Tony Grealish #6 white shirt v Norway 1976
(9)Alan McLoughlins #15 white shirt v Portugal from Nike US Cup 1992
(10)Kevin Sheedys grey O Neills sweatshirt from 1986 World Cup qualifiers
(11)Stephen Ireland #7 green shirt v Slovakia 2007
(12)Kevin Sheedys #11 white shirt v Switzerland away 1985

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 1:07pm
Full update now completed on irelandsoccershirts.com.

Big thanks to Brendan Ryan photography for helping me out yet again and Eily Coghlan for her work on the website. Couldnt do it without their help.

The collection has grown from just one shirt in Japan in June 2002 to now over 165 unique items from 1966-2018.

New items being added all the time so next update may be August 2018.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 1:15pm
McLoughlin's from the US Cup is a beaut! It also confirmed a bit of history that I wanted to know, namely what colour we wore against Portugal in the fixture. I've never been able to find photos or videos of the game.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 2:38pm
I dont know what it is about a long sleeved jersey but for me any jersey is just much nicer in the long sleeves. This one is a beauty. Alan McLoughlin US Cup 1992 v Portugal.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 2:48pm
What was it that jersey manufacturers seemed to avoid making replicas with long sleeves in the early 1990s? I recall there used by huge call for them, and the likes of Umbro seemed to relent in the late 1990s, before they became readily available?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

What was it that jersey manufacturers seemed to avoid making replicas with long sleeves in the early 1990s? I recall there used by huge call for them, and the likes of Umbro seemed to relent in the late 1990s, before they became readily available?

O Neills used to make replica kits with long sleeves in the early 1980s but this had probably more to do with their GAA links than anything else. I dont remember Adidas doing long sleeved replica kits as standard with most long sleeved shirts being only issued to the team for the most part iirc.

for me the long sleeve will always be the classic!!

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 11:03pm
Huge thanks to former Ireland international David Kelly for taking time to meet me in Birmingham today and sign all his items from his Irish career for the website.A really decent guy.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:03pm
A piece from The Journal.ie:

One small step for man.....

"THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION of Ireland (FAI) has launched a tender to design and build a large-scale exhibition ahead of Ireland’s hosting of a number of matches at the Euro 2020 tournament.

That exhibition will be ready by the end of this year, and will travel to a number of different venues around the country as it celebrates the history of Irish football ahead of the competition two years from now.

Instead of the usual format of one country hosting the entire tournament, Euro 2020 will take place across twelve cities, including London, Amsterdam and Dublin.

The FAI said in its tender that the four matches to be played in Dublin “will comprise the single biggest international event ever to take place in Ireland”.

To coincide with the tournament, the FAI said it had collaborated with Dublin City Council and the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport to decide on an exhibition to celebrate the 60th year of the Euros, as well as the “importance of football in Ireland as we approach the 100th anniversary of the FAI”.

The exhibition will be unveiled this December, coinciding with the live televised qualifying draw for Euro 2020, which is being hosted in Dublin.

The FAI said it wants to partner with a company that is “not alone capable of developing an exciting and interactive exhibition but one which will also manage the exhibition as it travels to a minimum of eight venues outside of Dublin during the course of 2019/2020″.

It is envisaged the exhibition will include video, audio, photography, jerseys, match programmes and other memorabilia. The specific elements will be developed in conjunction with the FAI. Interactivity, excitement and engagement will be important parts of the experience.
It added that it wanted suitably qualified companies to fully manage the exhibition from design concept to build, and also including the acquisitions the screens and other technology, the “interpretation of visitor journey”, security, insurance, staffing, logistics, transport and storage."

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 11:46am
I have been invited by CRISC to put on a small display of some historic and rare Irish international football shirts from the James Nolan Collection at their FAI Awards evening tomorrow night in Jurys.

The 6th anniversary of James sad passing in Poland is nearly upon us and his parents Jimmy & Essie will be guests on the night and are really looking forward to the evening.

Thanks to CRISC for the invite as i am not a member of any fans group. They have also arranged a banner for the evening to go with the display and it is great that James is still being included and remembered in fans events.

His family i know really greatly appreciate the continued support and good wishes that they receive from Irish fans to this day.

With news this week that the FAI are putting together an exhibition of their history to tour the country and for display during Euro 2020 this will hopefully lead to a proper fit for purpose bricks and museum going forward as we approach the Centenary of the FAI in 2021.

I have offered the FAI the full,total and free use of all the items the feature on irelandsoccershirts.com to get the project up and running.In time both current and former players,their families and all other stakeholders could add their items to the exhibition to form a comprehensive history of the game in this country.

It would be great if James Nolans name could be linked with this project to keep his memory connected with the team he loved to support.

#ybig

Edited by irelandshirts - 31 May 2018 at 11:46am

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 2:24pm
A great reaction from the fans and the Irish players and manager to the "James Nolan Collection" that was on display at the CRISC FAI awards night on Friday.

Jimmy & Essie Nolan were also there and had a wonderful evening.Some of the images on the night are on my Twitter page : @irelandsocshirt and Instagram : irelandsoccershirts

Thanks to CRISC for the invite on the night.

Hopefully late 2018 will see the first steps towards an Irish football museum.

Edited by irelandshirts - 04 Jun 2018 at 2:31pm

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 2:56pm
Just saw the twitter page! Major cudos for wearing the 1990 shell suit in public! Totally worthy of the publicity!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

A great reaction from the fans and the Irish players and manager to the "James Nolan Collection" that was on display at the CRISC FAI awards night on Friday.

Jimmy & Essie Nolan were also there and had a wonderful evening.Some of the images on the night are on my Twitter page : @irelandsocshirt and Instagram : irelandsoccershirts

Collection looked great on Friday, Eddie. I went out for a closer look late on and to say hello but you'd packed it up at that stage. That jersey with the stripe over the chest from the 80's is such a good one to have. Clap
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Collection looked great on Friday, Eddie. I went out for a closer look late on and to say hello but you'd packed it up at that stage. That jersey with the stripe over the chest from the 80's is such a good one to have. Clap

1985 v Norway home.  0-0.  Never seen again.  Not sure who said it (maybe Con Houlihan) but the comment was the yellow stripe should have been down their backs.    We actually came out a month later and battered a significantly better Swiss (better than Norway)  team 3-0.  
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 7:57pm
Sorry drumcondra69 i thought bought 11.30ish was time to bring them home safe and sound!!

This one got a lot of reaction on the night with most not ever having seen it before so it was nice to bring a hidden piece of history to life again. RTE were on strike at the time so they did not send cameras to cover this match.From fans , journalist as Mr Spain points out and even the players it was an awful match.

One can only think that O Neill's were inspired by the All Ireland football champions Kerry for this style.The shirt style was only ever worn on one occasion.

It is a stunning shirt & is signed by the Irish captain v Norway in 1985 Mr Liam Brady.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 30>
  Share Topic