You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM WISH LIST PG 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 30>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by depechemode depechemode wrote:

The 2010 simple green home one is one of my favourites and the Euro 2012 home one dire with the smallest head opening ever !

Glad that isnt just me soLOL

Got a hold of one of Stephen Kellys match worns and couldnt believe how much of a struggle it was to get over me head.
Sponsored Links

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 8:53pm
My book "40 Shades of Green" is in the final stages of production.My thanks to all on YBIG over the years for your support with the website and now the book.It always has been by an Irish fan for Irish fans.

Edited by irelandshirts - 04 Oct 2017 at 9:08pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 7:54am
Cover looks brillant
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 11:27am
Looks like this visit to Cardiff for the game against Wales is the polar opposite to the last time we played them there in a competitive fixture. It was a fairly empty Millennium Stadium and Ireland wore this kit for the one and only time. And what a beauty it was!! One of the nicest Irish shirts by way of design features that i have seen. It just shows that how people view a jersey is as much about the result/performances associated with it as the actual kit itself.

This is Ireland captain Robbie Keanes shirt from that match in Cardiff. Lets hope it is not the same result as 2007!!!!

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 1:19pm
With all eyes on Denmark away we look back at this beautiful O Neills shirt worn when Ireland played Denmark away in 1984.The shirt is signed by the Irish captain on the night Liam Brady who is in the back ground of the picture and the late Tony Grealish RIP is on the ball.

What an Irish kit that is!

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 6:30pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:29pm
Delighted to finally secure the Irish white away shirt made by O Neills and worn by Kevin Sheedy v Switzerland away in a World Cup qualifier in 1985.This was the one and only outing for this kit style.

In an incredible sequence the Irish team wore 8 unique O Neills shirt styles in 8 consecutive world cup qualifiers.This shirt now completes this exclusive set.

Every single Irish shirt style from 1978 to 2018 that the Senior team have ever worn is now secured.Realistically there are only 6 more unique shirt styles outstanding to pretty much complete,as much as I think is possible the entire Irish shirt history from 1921.

Full images will be up on IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM by mid February as there are a number of other great pieces to be added from the US Cup in 1992 v Portugal and the US Cup in 1996 along with more unique World Cup 90 and 94 pieces.

The planning for the exhibition is still ongoing and id hope to have more news in mid February.With the Centenary of the FAI in 2021 it would be great to see what is possible now with a look to maybe a larger event in 3 years.

Edited by irelandshirts - 30 Jan 2018 at 5:39pm

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:55pm
Does this mean I need to drop my book back to you to be updated ????!!!!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

"40 Shades of Green" starts with Irish captain Liam Bradys shirt, the first Adidas kit worn by Ireland in Jack Charltons first game in charge v Wales in March 1986 so no need to bring the book back Borussia!!!

This latest Swiss kit was worn when Eoin Hand was manager up to 1985.

"40 Shades of Green Part 2" will be the definitive edition from 1921-2021.

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:43pm
Eddie,
You could do your own Panini style stickers for those of us who already have the book

Do you need to get the poster redesigned to fit in the new addition(s)
Good Luck.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Eddie,
You could do your own Panini style stickers for those of us who already have the book

Do you need to get the poster redesigned to fit in the new addition(s)
Good Luck.

The poster is from 1986-2018 so is good to go Bohs.As I was missing pieces at the time I decided to concentrate on the book with the full compliment from 1986 on.

As I said before the initial book was just to show what could be done by one fan with no budget.The FAI could make an incredible production for their centenary in 2021 to include the full kit history from 1921-2021.

I won't be doing it thats for sure!!🙈

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

"40 Shades of Green" starts with Irish captain Liam Bradys shirt, the first Adidas kit worn by Ireland in Jack Charltons first game in charge v Wales in March 1986 so no need to bring the book back Borussia!!!

This latest Swiss kit was worn when Eoin Hand was manager up to 1985.

"40 Shades of Green Part 2" will be the definitive edition from 1921-2021.

Ha ha - Good answer !!!
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2018 at 2:17am
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Delighted to finally secure the Irish white away shirt made by O Neills and worn by Kevin Sheedy v Switzerland away in a World Cup qualifier in 1985.This was the one and only outing for this kit style.

In an incredible sequence the Irish team wore 8 unique O Neills shirt styles in 8 consecutive world cup qualifiers.This shirt now completes this exclusive set.

Every single Irish shirt style from 1978 to 2018 that the Senior team have ever worn is now secured.Realistically there are only 6 more unique shirt styles outstanding to pretty much complete,as much as I think is possible the entire Irish shirt history from 1921.

Full images will be up on IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM by mid February as there are a number of other great pieces to be added from the US Cup in 1992 v Portugal and the US Cup in 1996 along with more unique World Cup 90 and 94 pieces.

The planning for the exhibition is still ongoing and id hope to have more news in mid February.With the Centenary of the FAI in 2021 it would be great to see what is possible now with a look to maybe a larger event in 3 years.

...Alan Moores shirt by chance? Was biding my time to pick it up, at least its in good hands LOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 3:41pm

Just like buses you wait a feckin age for one to come along and two come at the same time.!!!

Another brick in the wall of Irish international football history secured today from the mid 1970s. Proper pictures with website update in a few weeks time.

If anyone else is reading this and thinks they can help in anyway please look at PAGE 19 of this thread for the missing styles.

houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 3:59pm
Eddie, 

I was in the office of Proteam sports in Santry a few years back getting football gear for the local club  and there was this really old Ireland Jersey hanging on the wall. Think it was from the 1930s. The chap in the shop, Kevin was his name said it was his Grandads I think. The shirt itself was actually made in the old Smyco factory in Balbriggan I remember. 

Maybe something that might interest you.   
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

Eddie, 

I was in the office of Proteam sports in Santry a few years back getting football gear for the local club  and there was this really old Ireland Jersey hanging on the wall. Think it was from the 1930s. The chap in the shop, Kevin was his name said it was his Grandads I think. The shirt itself was actually made in the old Smyco factory in Balbriggan I remember. 

Maybe something that might interest you.   

Cheers Houghton88. Worth an email.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:18pm
Hi Eddie,

I was over at the Oscar Traynor Development Centre last week and the guy at the reception said there were a pair of Tony Cascarino's togs in the lost and found bin since a training session was held there in 1992. Might interest you.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:21pm
One of the few shirt examples that was missing but that arrived today is the white adidas shirt worn v Portugal in the 1992 us cup tournament.It has the new fai logo and also numbers on the front and back of the shirt for the american tv audience.

As far as away Irish kit styles go this one as worn pre 1990 world cup and at Italia 90 v Egypt and Italy and Portugal in 1992 is one of the nicest we have ever had imo.

Edited by irelandshirts - 14 Apr 2018 at 3:39pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 30>
  Share Topic