Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM WISH LIST PG 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 30>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:34pm
I remember the game well for some reason. No idea why.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

All this stuff is on your website already. The cynic in me is thinking you're bumping this thread daily (sometimes a few times a day) to give your thread - with your website in the thread title - a prominent position on the first page of the ROI section, in this busy period leading up to a major qualifier when traffic is high. It's mainly just you posting on it at this stage, with pointless posts about random jerseys.

You cynical Rolo?No never.

In terms of my recent posts on this thread that i started(nothing escapes you Rolo) which is solely in relation to my website dedicated to the history/preservation/display OF Ireland Soccer Shirts ,you have me pegged correctly again Rolo.

As a long time member of YBIG i would be fairly aware that interest in the forum tails off when there are no games on.Likewise on the run up to a huge game interest will peak.

So i said to myself why not post in picture format the history of Irish shirts since 1985 to 2017 in sequence in the run up to the Welsh game. Maybe fans who are not aware of the website will see it for the first time etc and maybe Irish fans might enjoy seeing them as they may spark a memory, nostalgia and also a sense of our history in the run up to a huge game for the team and the fans.

And the strangest thing happened Rolo.

Three Ireland were shooting a new feature piece in the Aviva Stadium yesterday with Robbie Keane looking back on his journey from being a fan in 1988, 1990 and 1994 to being a star player in 2002, 20012 and 2016 and now back to being a fan like everyone else.

What better way to relive Robbies journey from fan to player and back to fan than to take a walk down memory lane with him and tell his story via the shirts the Irish team wore from him being a kid in 1988 to retiring as a player in 2016.

Three Ireland saw my posts on YBIG and asked could they borrow the shirts for filming as it would add a more realistic element to the piece.

I wasnt paid for my time yesterday Rolo or for the use of the jerseys in the ad by Three. What i did do in lieu of payment was to ask them to promote the website along with the FAI on their social media platforms on the run up to the Welsh game. The aim of this cunning plan was to hopefully spark a bit more discussion or debate or highlight the fact that no Museum/display/center etc exists in Ireland to the history of Irish football.

Robbie Keane posted a small clip on his Instagram account yesterday of one scene.

There are posts on the ROI section Rolo that involve people essentially advertising products/services/sales etc and good luck to them.Everyone has to make a crust Rolo. If you dont have any issue with them doing this or are commenting on it in their threads, then i dont really see why you should have any issue with a fellow Irish fan sharing images of Irish shirts on his non commercial website that go in chronological order from the 1980s to present day in an effort to spark discussion/debate/promote etc the concept of a Football Museum in this country.

And before some smart arse asks YES i did get the shirt he was wearing in the ad!!!!!!

Edited by irelandshirts - 15 Mar 2017 at 2:41pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

All this stuff is on your website already. The cynic in me is thinking you're bumping this thread daily (sometimes a few times a day) to give your thread - with your website in the thread title - a prominent position on the first page of the ROI section, in this busy period leading up to a major qualifier when traffic is high. It's mainly just you posting on it at this stage, with pointless posts about random jerseys.

You cynical Rolo?No never.

In terms of my recent posts on this thread that i started which is relation to the website you have me pegged again Rolo. As a long time member of YBIG i would be fairly aware that interest in the forum tails off when there are no games on.Likewise on the run up to a huge game interest will peak.

So i said to myself why not post in picture format the history of Irish shirts since 1985 to 2017 in sequence in the run up to the Welsh game. Maybe fans who are not aware of the website will see it for the first time etc and maybe Irish fans might enjoy seeing them as they may spark a memory, nostalgia and also a sense of our history in the run up to a huge game for the team and the fans.

And the strangest thing happened Rolo.

Three Ireland were shooting a new feature piece in the Aviva Stadium yesterday with Robbie Keane looking back on his journey from being a fan in 1988, 1990 and 1994 to being a star player in 2002, 20012 and 2016 and now back to being a fan like everyone else.

What better way to relive Robbies journey from fan to player and back to fan than to take a walk down memory lane with him and tell his story via the shirts the Irish team wore from him being a kid in 1988 to retiring as a player in 2016.Three Ireland saw my posts on YBIG and asked could they borrow the shirts for filming as it would add a more realistic element to the piece.

I wasnt paid for my time yesterday Rolo or for the use of the jerseys in the ad by Three. What i did ask them to do is to promote the website along with the FAI on their social media platforms on the run up to the Welsh game with the aim of who knows maybe sparking a bit more discussion or debate or highlight the fact that no Museum/display/center etc exists in Ireland to the history of Irish football. Robbie Keane posted a clip on his Instagram account yesterday.

There are posts on the ROI section Rolo that involve people essentially advertising products/services/sales etc and good luck to them.Everyone has to make a crust Rolo. If you dont have any issue with them doing this or are commenting on it in their threads, then i dont really see why you should have any issue with a fellow Irish fan sharing images of Irish shirts on his non commercial website that go in chronological order from the 1980s to present day in an effort to spark discussion/debate/promote etc the concept of a Football Museum in this country.

I know nothing :-)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 1:18pm
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 1:27pm
Sadly there was no qualification in the shirt style from 1998-2000.

A few near misses but we just couldnt get over the line with conceding late goals to play off defeat in Turkey.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 1:32pm
2000-2001 saw us really put ourselves in a great position for qualification for the World Cup in Japan in 2002.The shirt styles were famous for being probably the weirdest material i have ever seen on a football shirt that made it heavy when wet and way too warm in the sun.Matt Hollands strike in Portugal the pick of the memories probably in the green shirt. For some reason we wore two white away kits in this campaign with the plain white version only being worn once in an away win over Estonia in Talinn.

Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 9:09pm

Jesus f**king christ give it a rest
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Peter Stöger Peter Stöger wrote:

Jesus f**king christ give it a rest

Virgin behaviour.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

http://www.11v11.com/matches/wales-v-republic-of-ireland-11-february-1997-247269/

I had to google it, thought I remembered every game from that period! Massive crowd at it.

I actually remember the game. It was appalling. Wales had the ball in the net within seconds of the kick-off, but it was ruled out for some reason. After that the game descended into a bore, and Bill O'Herlihy described it as such. It was a wet, dark night, and it added nothing to the tapestry of Irish or Welsh football.

Love the Robbie Keane stuff, Eddie!
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

http://www.11v11.com/matches/wales-v-republic-of-ireland-11-february-1997-247269/

I had to google it, thought I remembered every game from that period! Massive crowd at it.

I actually remember the game. It was appalling. Wales had the ball in the net within seconds of the kick-off, but it was ruled out for some reason. After that the game descended into a bore, and Bill O'Herlihy described it as such. It was a wet, dark night, and it added nothing to the tapestry of Irish or Welsh football.

Love the Robbie Keane stuff, Eddie!

Was unfortunate to be one of the 7,000 that night. Didn't realize it was McGrath's last match, some Welsh line up actually as well. Always remember that one cos after driving thru the absolute pissings of torrential rain most of the day over from Dublin via Rosslare, my da got something like dust in his eye just before we went to the stadium, was annoying him all during the game, probably no harm during that match says you LOL

Edited by Peter Stöger - 15 Mar 2017 at 11:50pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 11:35am
Its funny how much a kit style is liked/remembered due to the success the team actually has whilst wearing it.For some reason i dont think these two Umbro shirt styles feature in any fans top 10 favorite irish kits styles of the last 30+ years.

These are the kits from 2003-2004

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:01am
Delighted to say some sponsorship beginning to come in on the Go Fund Me page for the next website update due in April. I have also approached the FAI last week for a small donation towards it also so hopefully they can help.

If anyone would like to make a donation,small or great it would be greatly appreciated. 100% of ALL the money raised is going towards the photography/editing/web design costs associated with the 2017 update to the virtual museum.

Items that are already secured include really rare Irish away shirts from Micheal Robinson from 1984,Ronnie Whelan from 1985, matt hollands world cup 2002 suit, euro 2016 squad suit, euro 2016 shirts from robbie brady and shane duffy, shay given v Croatia in 2004, shay given v belarus 2016, kevin sheedy world cup 1990 formal wear, Liam O Briens shirt v Celtic for Packie Bonners first testimonial, Ian Hartes world cup 2002 shirt v saudi arabia and many many more.

Once the next update is live the virtual museum should cover nearly every major Irish International footballing moment from 1966 to 2017.

Every Tournament from Euro 1988, Italia 1990, USA 1994, Japan & Korea 2002, Poland 2012 and France 2016 will be covered comprehensively with an example of the official match shirts,official tracksuits and formal tournament suits etc.

Also keep an eye out for the new Three Ireland ad on the tv in the run up to the Wales match that will feature Robbie Keane taking a walk down memory lane from being a fan in 1988 to retiring in 2016 and now back to being a fan again in 2017.

All the Irish shirts featured in the Three Ireland ad come from the "museum".

If you visit GOFUNDME and search under "ireland football museum" you will find the holding page.Any help really appreciated. #ybig

Edited by irelandshirts - 18 Mar 2017 at 1:43pm

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Delighted to say some sponsorship beginning to come in on the Go Fund Me page for the next website update due in April. I have also approached the FAI last week for a small donation towards it also so hopefully they can help.

If anyone would like to make a donation,small or great it would be greatly appreciated. 100% of ALL the money raised is going towards the photography/editing/web design costs associated with the 2017 update to the virtual museum.

Items that are already secured include really rare Irish away shirts from Micheal Robinson from 1984,Ronnie Whelan from 1985,matt hollands world cup 2002 suit, euro 2016 squad suit, euro 2016 shirts from robbie brady and shane duffy, shay given v Croatia in 2004, shay given v belarus 2016, kevin sheedy world cup 1990 formal wear, Liam O Briens shirt v Celtic for Packie Bonners first testimonial, Ian Hartes world cup 2002 shirt v saudi arabia and many many more.

Once the next update is live the virtual museum should cover nearly every major Irish International footballing moment from 1966 to 2017 with every Tournament from Euro 1988, Italia 1990, USA 1994, Japan & Korea 2002, Poland 2012 and France 2016 covered completely.

Also keep an eye out for the new Three Ireland ad on the tv in the run up to the Wales match that will feature Robbie Keane taking a walk down memory lane from being a fan in 1988 to retiring in 2016 and now back to being a fan again in 2017 with all the Irish shirts featured in the piece coming from the "museum".

If you visit GOFUNDME and search under "ireland football museum" you will find the holding page.Any help really appreciated. #ybig

Rolo obviously throwing his weight behind financially LOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 1:43pm

Edited by irelandshirts - 20 Mar 2017 at 12:59pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 12:59pm
Nearly half way towards reaching the €500 target on the GoFundMe page. Thanks to all who have donated so far.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 1:08pm
I will be on the Nicky Byrne Show tomorrow morning at 11.15am on 2fm discussing the need for a fit for purpose football museum in Ireland

Also the GoFundMe campaign has raised €370 of the initial €500 target i had set to cover some of the costs of the next website update due in early April.

More importantly it is bringing some publicity onto the bigger picture of the lack of an Irish Football Museum in this country and hopefully tomorrow can be the start of a bigger discussion for everyone who loves the game in this country as to why our proud football heritage is being ignored.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 1:10pm
Thumbs Up
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 6:40pm
Great response to the piece on the Nicky Byrne show this morning talking about the website and museum discussion.

Thanks to Umbro Ireland and the FAI for donating €350 euro between them towards the website upgrade in April.Much appreciated.👍

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 30>
  Share Topic