You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland's penalty takers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 4:49am
1. Walters
2. Fahey
3. Andrews
4. Ward
5. Keane

If Cox was on the pitch I'd fancy him to take one also. The above list is semi-realistic though in terms of who is quite likely to be on the pitch at that time.
Sponsored Links

John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 5:13am
I dont think Keane will be able for 120 mins on Tuesday, so I have factored him out.

1. Fahey
2. Hunt
3. Walters
4. Whelan
5. Andrews
6. Doyle
7. Ward
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 5:16am
Stephen Hunt takes agood penalty too
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 5:42am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

I'd fancy Whelan taking one... Would be very
nervous if I saw Hunt going up...
Confused, hunt is a great peno taker, slotted one home at eastlands at the weekend, not a bother on him.

Fair point but I don't trust left footed penalty takers when the real pressure is on.
The right side of the brain can't handle it.
I like Hunt a lot though and he is a confident maverick so hopefully he would slot it home.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 6:01am
Left footed penalty takers. Thumbs Down

I'm aware I have Ward in my list - but that's more due to his background as a striker!
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 6:21am
Remember Dave O'Leary took one!

You'd be surprised at who has the bottle to take penos.
Even in junior football, I see lads who would normally be excellent strikers of the ball, find their feet stuck in the ground and their brains fried.

I'd go with; 
Walters
Keane
Hunt
Whelan
Given

Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 6:26am
People are writing McGeady off but I'd say he's the most confident player in the team! I'd definitely have him taking one. You also have to think about who'd still be on the pitch after 120 mins and I doubt whether either Keane and Duff will. Just guessing here but I would reckon he will substitute Duffer, Keane and either Andrews or Whelan at some stage so I'd go:

1. McGeady
2. Walters
3. Hunt
4. Doyle
5. Fahey

But its all pointless talk, we're not gonna need peno's Cool
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 6:29am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

People are writing McGeady off but I'd say he's the most confident player in the team! I'd definitely have him taking one. You also have to think about who'd still be on the pitch after 120 mins and I doubt whether either Keane and Duff will. Just guessing here but I would reckon he will substitute Duffer, Keane and either Andrews or Whelan at some stage so I'd go:

1. McGeady
2. Walters
3. Hunt
4. Doyle
5. Fahey

But its all pointless talk, we're not gonna need peno's Cool

Jaysus I hope not cos if we do I'll be chewing the beta blockers Ouch
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 6:52am
1. Keane
2. Whelan
3. Hunt
4. Long
5. McGeady
magnumpi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnumpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 7:05am
Walters penalty against Newcastle was poor.  If Krul had stayed on his feet (as should all keepers) he would have saved it.

Still, I reckon he's the kind of guy who would keep his nerve.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 7:07am
surprised very few people have mentioned richard dunne i would say he wouldnt mind hitting one if called upon 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 7:14am
Originally posted by magnumpi magnumpi wrote:

Walters penalty against Newcastle was poor.  If Krul had stayed on his feet (as should all keepers) he would have saved it.

The next keeper to face a Walters peno should stay on his spot. Have seen him take two penalties this season and both were thunderbolts down the middle
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 7:48am
1. Keane
2. McGeady
3. Hunt
4. Whelan
5. Andrews
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 8:15am
Going from who I would think would be on the pitch after 120 mins
1/keane
2/hunt
3/whelan
4/st ledger
5/cox
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 8:17am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by magnumpi magnumpi wrote:

The next keeper to face a Walters peno should stay on his spot. Have seen him take two penalties this season and both were thunderbolts down the middle
It is very hard for a keeper to stay on his feet for a pen and even at that Walters could smash it in either side of the keeper and make him look foolish. Id have great faith in his penalty style Id much prefer him to put his foot thru the ball than a pass back that the keeper just has to flop to save.
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 9:04am
1. Hunt
2. Keane
3. Gibson (Don't slate meBig smile)
4. Long
5. Doyle
5 goals to go Robbie!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

I'd fancy Whelan taking one... Would be very
nervous if I saw Hunt going up...
Confused, hunt is a great peno taker, slotted one home at eastlands at the weekend, not a bother on him.

Anyone see Hunt take one at h/t in the Armenia game, no keeper in goal???LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Jonny2Times View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny2Times Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

1. Hunt
2. Keane
3. Gibson (Don't slate meBig smile)
4. Long
5. Doyle

don´t think Long, Keane and Doyle are gonna be on the pitch together after 120 minutes.

I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic