You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland-Germany 2002

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfhaili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ireland-Germany 2002
    Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 11:09am
On ESPN Classic now
As long as there is anything to be gained by saying nothing, it is always better to say nothing than anything
Sponsored Links

ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 11:18am
might remind people about what robbie has done for us Smile
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
uibhfhaili View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfhaili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 11:32am
Remember after this tournament,Gary Breen was available on a free transfer,and there were wild rumours circulating that Juventus and Barcelona were trying to sign him.
Yet another facet in the making of the cult hero that is our dreamy Gary Breen.
He did have an outstanding World Cup though.
We all dream of a team of...
As long as there is anything to be gained by saying nothing, it is always better to say nothing than anything
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 11:38am
Originally posted by ScruffyR ScruffyR wrote:

Nobodies denying what he's done for us. It can't be denied how bad his form is at the moment though.
Just because you have a succesful history doesn't mean you can't be criticised. 
Originally posted by uibhfhaili uibhfhaili wrote:

Remember after this tournament,Gary Breen was available on a free transfer,and there were wild rumours circulating that Juventus and Barcelona were trying to sign him.
Failed a medical at Inter Milan.

Was just a young buck when this was on. 13 years of age and on holiday in Cala Bona. Had my hair dyed green, white and goldThumbs%20Up

Edited by ShamtheRam - 13 Oct 2010 at 11:38am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
baddler View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 12:42pm
was supposed to be in Germany when this game was on...bleedin Aer Lingus decided to have a strike that week so didn't make it over till the week after Angry

ah good times...
ScruffyR View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScruffyR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Nobodies denying what he's done for us. It can't be denied how bad his form is at the moment though.

I know sham but some of the criticism i have heard about him today is shocking, "he only plays well for clubs", " he has always bein crap" Feckin eejits altogether Angry
"Football isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that."
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 1:02pm

Hundreds of Irish fans left early.  Some got back to Tokyo before finding out the score.

An English fan told me there were hundreds in Ibaraki train station when Robbie scored.

funny that I've never met anyone who'd admit it.  We were very late leaving the stadium and didn't get back to Tokyo until the following morning as commuters were heading to work.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 1:05pm

Originally posted by uibhfhaili uibhfhaili wrote:

Failed a medical at Inter Milan.

Was just a young buck when this was on. 13 years of age and on holiday in Cala Bona. Had my hair dyed green, white and goldThumbs%20Up

Sham is spot on. I could'nt believe it when he said it in an interview 6 months ago. He said his feckin knee failed the medical Angry

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
uibhfhaili View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uibhfhaili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 1:13pm
My abiding memory,or lack thereof,of this game was that I was stuck in an exam hall doing my LC English paper.
The only inkling that we had of our getting through to the next round was the sound of cars beeping their horns outside the school at full-time.

Damn edumacation ruined that whole World Cup for me.

I didnae know 'bout the Internazionale situation with Breen.
Would've been some move in all fairness.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 1:21pm

I know sham but some of the criticism i have heard about him today is shocking, "he only plays well for clubs", " he has always bein crap" Feckin eejits altogether Angry
Sure the last club he played for was Celtic.Tongue
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 2:17pm

13 years of age and on holiday in Cala Bona. Had my hair dyed green, white and goldThumbs%20Up
You should have dyed it green, white and orange and followed Ireland instead !
Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 3:49pm
Was 14 and in school watchin this match, when keane bagged that famous goal the whole school erupted..its one thing that will stay in my mind forever. Would love to see the current set up Bring back the glory days.
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 4:00pm
What a game.Mick's reaction after that goal still gives me chills.Absolutely mental when that ball went in!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic