2 [2.17%]
13 [14.13%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [7.61%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 9:49am
I'm going to say 1-1. They are better than us all over the pitch so i dont know where i'm getting that from, but another goal out of nowhere from a set piece would do us nicely.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sponsored Links

mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

We are nothing special but at the same time think we can expect that Mick will keep it tight and try nick one on the counter/ set piece much the same as Denmark away.

Other European nations, keep the ball, press high, pass the ball, create space, pass, move and be dynamic in the final third.

We keep it tight and try and nick a goal in such an anti football way.

I've said it before I absolutely hate that expression.  MON's favourite.  It just conjures up images of being absolutely sh*te, having zero creativity, and being generally ouplayed but somehow getting a result against all odds by a flukey goal off of some fellas arse from a hoof into the box.

''Pep how do you see this game playing out against Tottenham today?''
''Well they have quality all over the pitch.  It will be a really tough game.  We just hope to contain them and maybe nick a goal at some point.  We will try to win the game but if you offer em a draw now I would take it.''
#

hate that phrase too keep it tight and try nick one.. and ive never seen a goal going in off sommeones arse, i always thought mick played a more attacking game anyway
Come on Irelind
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by grabli grabli wrote:

Originally posted by mandrake mandrake wrote:

its ireland ...1-1.....
mick got the sack chasing a win in sept 2002...the great manger (hahaha)kerr got beaten by them twice..
we needed two peno's in a warm up in 2016  2-2..
would be nice to get one over them

That was Slovakia with the two penos, we beat the swiss 1 0

oh.. we beat them , who scored ?
Come on Irelind
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 11:21am

We are nothing special but at the same time think we can expect that Mick will keep it tight and try nick one on the counter/ set piece much the same as Denmark away.

Other European nations, keep the ball, press high, pass the ball, create space, pass, move and be dynamic in the final third.

I've said it before I absolutely hate that expression.  MON's favourite.  It just conjures up images of being absolutely sh*te, having zero creativity, and being generally ouplayed but somehow getting a result against all odds by a flukey goal off of some fellas arse from a hoof into the box.

''Well they have quality all over the pitch.  It will be a really tough game.  We just hope to contain them and maybe nick a goal at some point.  We will try to win the game but if you offer em a draw now I would take it.''
#

hate that phrase too keep it tight and try nick one.. and ive never seen a goal going in off sommeones arse, i always thought mick played a more attacking game anyway

Shaun Maloney's goal in Dublin went in off John O'Shea's arse
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 11:21am

Originally posted by grabli grabli wrote:

its ireland ...1-1.....
mick got the sack chasing a win in sept 2002...the great manger (hahaha)kerr got beaten by them twice..
we needed two peno's in a warm up in 2016  2-2..
would be nice to get one over them

That was Slovakia with the two penos, we beat the swiss 1 0

oh.. we beat them , who scored ?

Ciaran Clark from a corner.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 11:52am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

#

Shaun Maloney's goal in Dublin went in off John O'Shea's arse

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 8:45pm
I went for two nil to Switzerland - bit I have never ever ever predicted the right score so you can be guaranteed that won't be the final score  
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 9:20pm
I think it will be 1 1.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 9:21pm
0-0
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 9:34pm
1-2 Switzerland 
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 9:49pm
1-1 like every big game of ours at home in qualifying seems to be 
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 2:11pm
0-0
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 2:22pm
They only need a draw, so donโ€™t expect them to over exert themselves. Either a 0-0 or 0-1.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 5:12pm

0-0 win
LOL
How bad we look up front I would take it now. But even without Shaqiri, I expect Switzerland to score. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Cliftonville7Ireland View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliftonville7Ireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 5:25pm
Would have gone for 2-1 but wasnโ€™t on the poll. If all systems are firing I think a win isnโ€™t out of the question however anything less and we could be thrashed. Mcgoldrick brace.
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 5:28pm
We're going to win 1-0.
Crosby87 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crosby87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 7:04pm
me head says 3-0 Swiss

me heart says 2-0 Swiss.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Crosby87 Crosby87 wrote:

me head says 3-0 Swiss

me heart says 2-0 Swiss.

Originally posted by Crosby87 Crosby87 wrote:

Good luck lads, we're all counting on you!ย 

I got provolone on my Reuben today for lunch if it helps.ย 

kin hell
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na