Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland vs Scotland JUNE 11th Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Four or five probably. A lot of those players are playing out of position to plug gaps so if you just throw up the names without the context of the positions they're being asked to play in it's a bit misleading.

Anyway the Scots have always been our sporting friends in my view, there when we needed them in 1987, and again with their balls up against Georgia opening the door for us in 2015. They've usually been good at rolling over for us in the rugby when needed as well.

Tomorrow they could honestly do us another favour by giving us a good beating, the last thing we need is to scrape a draw that people here start trying to paint as some kind of moral victory. We're a shambles at the moment and it's probably for the best now if they show us up as what we are.
Bump
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Four or five probably. A lot of those players are playing out of position to plug gaps so if you just throw up the names without the context of the positions they're being asked to play in it's a bit misleading.

Anyway the Scots have always been our sporting friends in my view, there when we needed them in 1987, and again with their balls up against Georgia opening the door for us in 2015. They've usually been good at rolling over for us in the rugby when needed as well.

Tomorrow they could honestly do us another favour by giving us a good beating, the last thing we need is to scrape a draw that people here start trying to paint as some kind of moral victory. We're a shambles at the moment and it's probably for the best now if they show us up as what we are.
Bump

That was how I felt at that point off the back of the absolute sh*te we served up in the first two games. It was bad enough setting the team up so poorly against Armenia, but then to fail to fix it against Ukraine at home, when pretty much everyone else could see what the problems were was even worse.

Kenny isn't the messiah and he made a lot of mistakes again in the last two weeks. But he also has to get credit for (finally) fixing the shape for the third game and backing it up tonight with a weakened squad. Why he didn't do that after the first game I don't know.

But if you're going to bump that you might also want to bump a few of the recent posts that assured us that the bad results just showed us our level and we had no business expecting any better than losses to Luxembourg, Armenia and Ukraine's second team.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 10:21pm
You wanted Scotland to beat us.

As You Were
Three in a row
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 10:32pm

No, I didn't and I actually clarified that to you at the time a couple of posts further down (post copied below), so I have no idea why you're shyteing on about this tonight when I explained it to you nearly a week ago. 

I'd rather win and see things improve obviously. But if it's going to be another performance like the last three we'd be better off being beaten than scraping a draw out of the game that people can try to cling to as nonexistent progress to be honest.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 10:35pm

No, I didn't and I actually clarified that to you at the time a couple of posts further down (post copied below), so I have no idea why you're shyteing on about this tonight when I explained it to you nearly a week ago. 

I'd rather win and see things improve obviously. But if it's going to be another performance like the last three we'd be better off being beaten than scraping a draw out of the game that people can try to cling to as nonexistent progress to be honest.
You wanted Scotland to win.

As You Were
Three in a row
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 10:42pm

That guy trawls posts to troll anyone who has the temerity to doubt Kenny. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

I pulled this clown up on this last week.

As You Were
Three in a row
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 10:47pm

If you’re going to post nonsense be prepared to be pulled on it!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

But he seems to expend a lot of energy and derives a lot of pleasure on pointing out how wrong non Kenny fans are....than he does from enjoying an Ireland win. Strange man. 

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 11:03pm
Move on lads
I love beer gardens
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 11:07pm

But he seems to expend a lot of energy and derives a lot of pleasure on pointing out how wrong non Kenny fans are....than he does from enjoying an Ireland win. Strange man. 

Yeah, I’m a complete oddball. That is true. I never want my country to lose though. 

Is typing a few posts expending a lot of energy? Do I derive pleasure ( f**k me LOL)?

I had a great day on Saturday and very pleased with the performance today. 

As You Were
Three in a row
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2022 at 11:16pm

Yeah, I’m a complete oddball. That is true. I never want my country to lose though. 

Is typing a few posts expending a lot of energy? Do I derive pleasure ( f**k me LOL)?

I had a great day on Saturday and very pleased with the performance today. 
Good man yourself! 
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 8:56pm
I would say a lot of Scottish Fans never heard of any of our players before!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 12:01pm
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Embarrassing: https://twitter.com/ScottishFA/status/1567935834166362114?s=20&t=_a4P45NQ5_lfH9XLe71zyw

How is this embarrassing? 
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Embarrassing: https://twitter.com/ScottishFA/status/1567935834166362114?s=20&t=_a4P45NQ5_lfH9XLe71zyw

Agree. Don’t see a thing wrong with that. You’d swear it was the FAI that posted it
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 12:24pm

They'll be singing "We hate England more than you" in about 2 weeks time.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 4:46pm

They'll be singing "We hate England more than you" in about 2 weeks time.
Ahhh the Scottish FA twitter account - famously ran by their fans?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
  Share Topic