Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland vs Italy match reaction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy O'Toole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 8:39am
Originally posted by billybunter billybunter wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

where the f**k was the marking for camoranese goal? no marking at all

in the highlights, it looks like o'shea was having a go at doyle for not picking him up...

I think Andrews came off the post and just got between him & Shay

Great header all the same

Sick that we didnt win it

Fair play to Liam Lawrence thought he played well but seemed knackered at the end Clap
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 8:48am
i thought it was the perfect dress rehearsal for the playoffs , we can deffo win the home leg and go away and frustrate our opponents , pity about the late goal but i am looking at the positives ,

AND FAIR PLAY TO ALL THE FANS , GREAT ATMOSPHERE!!!
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 8:59am
Few points. Fair play babysis and Neil for organising a top bit of entertainment. It was a great leadup to the big match. It was great seeing a lot of faces again and a few for the first time.

I don't think I've ever celebrated in my life like I did last night when Sean bagged the second. But I also was never brought back down to earth with such a heartbreaking thump. How close were we to beating the champions.

I am incredibly proud of our boys. What a goal from Glen, what a performance from the lads in general. Particularly Whelan, St Ledger and Lawrence for me, and my MOTM McGeady. Proof last night that Croker's roof CAN be lifted. We need this exact performance in the playoffs.

As a mate of mine said "we wouldn't be Irish without doing it the hard way" Wink We'll bless the rains down in Africa!! We'll get there yet lads...

G'WAN IRELAND!!!! ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

Edited by MayoMark - 11 Oct 2009 at 9:00am
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
bettyboo2 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bettyboo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 9:00am
must agree fans were brill and the atmposphere class well done to everyone Wink  will it be a packed house on wed do you think? will it be hard to get tickets for the playoff  when we know who it is monday week?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 9:01am
Would agree with most of the above.

Great day, probably a fair result (though those 3 minutes before the equaliser even topped Bari) the whole crowd seemed up for it, definetoly the best atsmosphere we have generated at Croke Park.

Thought we had a bit of control and werent afraid to knock it about as opposed to knocking the long ball.

Made it to Kates, but only stayed upstairs for an hour as it was like an oven, met a few from here and had a few beers downstairs. Well done the organisers

If only we had of held on.......... - still guaranteed playoff with a game to go, the corner has well and truley been turned.

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 9:37am
Just watched the goals there and think Given could have done better....would never fault him though as he has been our most consistent player in years and is an absolute legend!!!Clap

In fairness though, its the first time in I can ever remember him not coming over and clapping the fans so he must have been seriously bullin with himself and just got down the tunnel as quick as possible
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 9:48am
Those are the best 3 minutes in a long time and fair play to Tom for putting that ***t in his place.   Proud of you Tom.  
AKA pedantic kunt
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

big shoutout to the dickhead behind me who thought it was appropriate to roar "f**king shower of retards" when italy scorerd at the death. you did yourself and your country proud.

There really are some tools at the matches!!

After St Ledger scored the place was rockin and most people standin, nothin woulda made me sit down!! This gobsh*te behind me tells this girl in the row in front of me to sit down, i turned around an told him to stand up and cheer ffs!!

When Italy equalised what does this idiot say: It's everyone's fault for not sittin down!! ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Wacko
bmorgan87 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmorgan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 10:29am
scoring a goal to go 2-1 up against the world champions and he wants to sit down!?! like it dsnt get much better than that..what a tool
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 10:47am
Originally posted by NeilMcD NeilMcD wrote:

Those are the best 3 minutes in a long time and fair play to Tom for putting that ***t in his place.   Proud of you Tom.  

just a pity it happened because it was disappointing enough to give the goal away without hearing bull like that.

the sooner we get back to LR and the 30,000 bandwagoners cant get tickets the better. will be a far more hostile atmosphere
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 10:52am
Watched Dunphy's rant on the Net after the match. Don't really see his point. First he says we have limited players then argues that we don't!
Up until the last minute we were in with a shout of qualifying automatically (depending on Wednesday) and if we had said that at the start we would have scarcly believed it ourselves.
Well done Trappa and the squad for the fifth time in 6 trys Ireland have qualified out of their World Cup group. (Yes we have qualified....for the play-offs) and I would not write off our chances over two legs no matter who we get.

Well done Ireland, both the players, the staff and the supporters.
There are friendlier places to drink.
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 10:58am
Yeah i was chatting to tom in big tree after and he was still raging......fair playClapClap

2 arseholes beside me were giving out everytime YBIG chant went up sayin it was very repetitive.....some people ffs
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 11:22am

I've never experienced such joy and agony in such a short space of time. When St Ledger scored with only 3 mins left I was fully convinced that we'd have enough to hold out for the win Cry

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Belfast Green View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belfast Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I've never experienced such joy and agony in such a short space of time. When St Ledger scored with only 3 mins left I was fully convinced that we'd have enough to hold out for the win Cry

Agreed.

Thought we'd done it.

Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 9:15am
Just an aside for the auld fellas amongst us but didn't Whelans goal remind you for Gerry Daly's strike against England at Lansdowne in 1978? Great goal.
There are friendlier places to drink.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic