You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland vs Denmark Nations League Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 28293031>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Why doesn't he sack him then...

Not that one, sadly. The Danish lad. LOL
Sponsored Links

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

LOL - he got you
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

LOL - he got you

Straight to the thick tread for that one LOL
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 5:01pm
Huuumh I'm pretty sure PM knew which one it was
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 5:17pm
There's a Danish lad called Delaney!? Was he eligible for us?
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 8:52pm
Lads, you were all on here saying Denmark would hammer us. They didn't, we got a draw, and you are still whinging even though we exceeded your expectations.

Denmark are a far better team than us and we got a draw after some horrible results recently. Denmark haven't lost a competitive game in 2 years.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Lads, you were all on here saying Denmark would hammer us. They didn't, we got a draw, and you are still whinging even though we exceeded your expectations.

Denmark are a far better team than us and we got a draw after some horrible results recently. Denmark haven't lost a competitive game in 2 years.

Firstly Eriksen wasn't playing and many predicted a draw myself included who predicted a dull 0-0.
https://forum.ybig.ie/eire-v-denmark-wales-predictions_topic56615.html

That's their only world class player gone.  Secondly they are average enough without him.  Thirdly we were at home.  Fourtly we were utter muck. Did you see us even attempt to play football?  We parked the bus and hoofed it from the first kick to the last to a lad isolated from the rest of the team who has what 2 goals in 65 games?  Did you see anything other than an ugly disjointed mess out there?  How many shots did we have? Big deal we held an average team at home without their best player.  Woop de fooking woo.  

If stinking out the place and stopping other teams playing is a good thing and all we can aspire to then I throw my hat at it.   A bunch of professionals playing no better than a load of Saturday amateurs out of a Hiace van playing for Lucan Utd from 1983.  We are an embarassment to the sport of football.

Edited by Trap junior - 15 Oct 2018 at 9:47pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Firstly Eriksen wasn't playing and many predicted a draw myself included who predicted a dull 0-0.

That's their only world class player gone.  Secondly they are average enough without him.  Thirdly we were at home.  Fourtly we were utter muck. Did you see us even attempt to play football?  We parked the bus and hoofed it from the first kick to the last to a lad isolated from the rest of the team who has what 2 goals in 65 games?  Did you see anything other than an ugly disjointed mess out there?  How many shots did we have? Big deal we held an average team at home without their best player.  Woop de fooking woo.  

If stinking out the place and stopping other teams playing is a good thing and all we can aspire to then I throw my hat at it.   A bunch of professionals playing no better than a load of Saturday amateurs out of a Hiace van playing for Lucan Utd from 1983.  We are an embarassment to the sport of football.

Tell us what you really think TJ LOL
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

He's spot on though and anyone who actually thinks there is any chance of progression under MON and Keane are seriously deluded. It's been 2 years now of utter dog spunk performances. The worst part of all this being that any new manager coming in (please god sooner rather than later) will be way behind the curve as he should have had 10 matches in 2018 to build a new squad and style of play. We are absolutely f*cked for years to come, purely based on one of the most moronic decisions ever - giving MON a new contrast post Denmark hammering.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

He's spot on though and anyone who actually thinks there is any chance of progression under MON and Keane are seriously deluded. It's been 2 years now of utter dog spunk performances. The worst part of all this being that any new manager coming in (please god sooner rather than later) will be way behind the curve as he should have had 10 matches in 2018 to build a new squad and style of play. We are absolutely f*cked for years to come, purely based on one of the most moronic decisions ever - giving MON a new contrast post Denmark hammering.

He was actually offered the contract long before then. JD took it upon himself to offer it before the Moldova game last year amazingly.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:20pm
And Delaney allowed MON to delay signing the contract for months while his stock was 'high' prior to the playoff and whored himself to Everton and Stoke and then signs the deal when they went tits up.
He played Delaney for a fool.  The offer should have been retracted. 

Spain had no qualms about firing a coach for doing a bit of whoring.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

He was actually offered the contract long before then. JD took it upon himself to offer it before the Moldova game last year amazingly.

Yep, I know and it made no sense. It wasn't signed though, they only had a handshake agreement which I'm pretty sure the FAI could easily have got out of last January/February if they changed their mind on that new contract. How the f*ck they didn't change their mind, I'll never know.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:08pm

And Delaney allowed MON to delay signing the contract for months while his stock was 'high' prior to the playoff and whored himself to Everton and Stoke and then signs the deal when they went tits up.
He played Delaney for a fool.  The offer should have been retracted. 

Spain had no qualms about firing a coach for doing a bit of whoring.

Spot on.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:25pm
It's hardly a disgrace if an international manager considers a club offer and certainly nothing new either. 

I would imagine most international managers have been offered club roles while being international managers. 

It's just another stick to beat O'Neill with  Sleepy . Squad selection, results, style of play, media persona are areas where O'Neill deserves criticism but this is a bit ott imo.  
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:35pm
If we had Coleman, Ward, Brady, Rice, McCarthy and Walters fit/available, I reckon they all would have started so this bullsh*t that Denmark were missing Eriksen therefore we should have played like Brazil, is ridiculous.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:43pm

If we had Coleman, Ward, Brady, Rice, McCarthy and Walters fit/available, I reckon they all would have started so this bullsh*t that Denmark were missing Eriksen therefore we should have played like Brazil, is ridiculous.

We have had all those players at one point or another since the euros and we played the exact same - actually this year!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:45pm
It's a stick that he should be beat with. Probably the last of the 100 reasons why MON shouldn't be Ireland manager anymore, but he should definitely be criticised for it. MON agreed a contract with the FAI but went off courting clubs in public, at that point if the FAI had any respect for themselves they would have pulled the plug on any handshake deal that was supposedly done months prior.

It is no surprise they didn't though, as the only ones more inept in all of this than MON is that goon Delaney. 

Btw, I've no idea how yourself or others think it's acceptable to court other jobs while under contract (MON by his own words could sign that contract any time he wanted so he was effectively still our manager). Is it just because little old international football is second fiddle to club football now in people's minds? I think when an international association are paying you a whopping salary, a bit of decorum from the manager in such situations wouldn't go astray.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 15 Oct 2018 at 11:49pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

We have had all those players at one point or another since the euros and we played the exact same - actually this year!

The delusion is amazing.

If MON had Xavi and Iniesta in their prime playing for us tomorrow vs Wales, the football would be as grim as is possible and Xavi and Iniesta would watch the ball flying over their heads time and again for 90 mins as poor Shane Long chases lost cause after lost cause. All the while MON is counting his wages on the sideline, surely laughing inside wondering how he gets paid for such utter incompetence.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 28293031>
  Share Topic