You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland Vs Denmark Atmosphere

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ireland Vs Denmark Atmosphere
    Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 10:58am
We are one game away from potentially qualifying for a major tournament, in the past there has been a big push to get the atmosphere going at a game, especially a game of this magnitude but I haven't seen much regarding this match. Who knows it could make a difference?

I feel like we should be looking into organizing the likes of:

- A march to the stadium
 - Flags (I see they have been found)
 - Everyone in their seats early and in full voice.
 - Decent PA and music before the game.

Any ideas would be great, would be nice to see the Aviva bouncing. Atmospheres of late have been disappointing. I know its hard without a performance at times
Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

We are one game away from potentially qualifying for a major tournament, in the past there has been a big push to get the atmosphere going at a game, especially a game of this magnitude but I haven't seen much regarding this match. Who knows it could make a difference?

I feel like we should be looking into organizing the likes of:

- A march to the stadium
 - Flags (I see they have been found)
 - Everyone in their seats early and in full voice.
 - Decent PA and music before the game.

Any ideas would be great, would be nice to see the Aviva bouncing. Atmospheres of late have been disappointing. I know its hard without a performance at times

As you've seen, flags have been found and I'm waiting to be given a time to go over and inspect what's left in the box. A couple of people have said they'd get involved so hopefully we can do something there. 

The below press release also came round from the FAI so there'll be a light show and music before the game celebrating the 30th anniversary of Aldo scoring the goals that qualified us for Italia 90.

We've suggested flags to be left on seats as we saw the Danes do in Copenhagen. Bit cheesy maybe but it's hard to find something that the East and West stands will get involved in and people bringing kids like that sort of thing. 

But above all, the atmosphere will be sustained or not by what people see on the pitch. I imagine it'll be great at the start. 

Republic of Ireland great John Aldridge is the latest Lansdowne Legend, on the night of the UEFA EURO 2020 showdown with Denmark at Dublin's Aviva Stadium.

Aldo will be introduced to the sell-out crowd minutes before the teams take to the field for the crucial qualifier.

He is being honoured almost 30 years to the day since his two goals away to Malta sent Ireland to the FIFA World World Cup Finals for the first time.

Aldridge's introduction to the Aviva Stadium crowd will be followed by a spectacular light show, to celebrate his goalscoring feats.

The Liverpool and Ireland legend said; "This is a huge game for Mick McCarthy and the players. I'm thrilled to be a small part of the night.

"I have so many great memories playing in Lansdowne Road, and I'm looking forward to another special night for Irish football.

"I want the Green Army to get in early to the Stadium for the pre-match light show, and to say hello. Let's put them under pressure!"
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:24am
Have a flag that could be put up Monday and would happily leave in the box for other games. 

*Its not a Father Ted/joe.ie/Mad Bantz euros flag, just one with a picture of our keepers on it. from Bonner to Randolph
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:25am
Fans need to be given something to shout about in fairness. This isn't a one way street and so far in this campaign the team has been septic. 

I'm sure the fans will raise to the occasion if the players do. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:32am
I don't agree with the sentiment about fans requiring the team to do something to get up for the game - It may be the reality of the situation but people actively supporting teams can have an influence on games. 
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:39am
I think the pipe band that were there for the anthem of home play off was the best I've seen in years. Wonder are they back again for this one.
They've only gone and done it
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:43am
Need to drop Put 'em under pressure as the players are coming out. It's not the 90s anymore.
Danger here, OH NO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I don't agree with the sentiment about fans requiring the team to do something to get up for the game - It may be the reality of the situation but people actively supporting teams can have an influence on games. 

Look at the last Denmark play off for an example. Atmosphere was electric before kick off and ramped up again after Duffy's goal. Then we sat back and they took control which made the fans nervous. Atmosphere was still okay even after their second but once those insane subs were made at half time it killed it stone dead. It has to be a two way street. Approach the game like we did at home to Georgia and fans will respond. Approach it like we did away and try and nick one after 75 minutes and the atmosphere will be dead by half time. 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:49am
It is a two way street- poor play will suck the life out of the stadium. However, that's when fans are needed most to lift and encourage the team. The first few minutes of the Denmark hammering were incredibly loud. Particularly liked the bagpipe version of the anthem then.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:55am
Sure it will just the same old songs over and over again. Come on you boys in green, Grace, TFOA etc
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:15pm
If we ever played any team who deserved an incredibly hostile reception it's this gang of coonts. At least half of them are complete pricks and mouthy with it.

I'm not expecting Welcome To Hell, Istanbul style, but any chance the crowd would break with tradition and not respect their anthem as much as normal or generally not treat them like the usual jolly good chaps we're delighted to see? Too much to expect in leafy D4, I suppose. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:07pm
MC Hammered has a large batch of smoke bombs/flares for the game, should improve the atmosphere.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:14pm
Are we the international galatasaray now?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:24pm
Can we not just play Russ Abbott on a loop singing his classic "Atmosphere"..........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

MC Hammered has a large batch of smoke bombs/flares for the game, should improve the atmosphere.

Smoke bombs are always good for atmosphere. Should deffo let them off just after the anthems. If there's a march organised to the ground they should be let off then too
Danger here, OH NO
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Sure it will just the same old songs over and over again. Come on you boys in green, Grace, TFOA etc

I’d say you’re a barrel of laughs at games.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:38pm
Hate to have to say ot again because I appreciate anyone trying to help the atmsophere but the lad with the drum in the singing section regularly kills off chants and the likes of Grace by banging the drum totally out of time with the chant or song.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Don’t forget about the McClean chant. He’ll be starting after all. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic