You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Wales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 32>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

We will likely draw this game and when O’Neill is pushed on the fact Wales were missing their two best players his excuse will be we were missing Coleman and Brady. 

lol, that is just so inevitable 
Sponsored Links

TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:39pm
Is it still possible for us to be in the second pot of seeds for the Euro draw? What results would need to get if it is?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:41pm
We need to finish second or higher in this group. If we avoid relegation, we will be second seeds in the Euro qualifiers proper.

Beat Wales and hope they also lose to Denmark then we're guaranteed at least second even before we head to Aarhus (much and all as that is wishful thinking).
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Is it still possible for us to be in the second pot of seeds for the Euro draw? What results would need to get if it is?

A win vs Wales would put us in a healthy enough posistion to finish second and secure pot 2.

Then if they drew with Denmark, we’d only need an away draw against the Danes who would in turn top the group. 

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:45pm
Absolutely no excuses now with Bale, Ramsey, Ampadu and Mepham out. Still fancy a 0-0 draw with more long ball rubbish to stink the place out.
The only way is up
Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:51pm
A 1-0 win with a late Duffy Set piece!!!!

"Just put it up there..."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:53pm
There's no way Duffy will ne even taking set-pieces, nevermind scoring from them.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:56pm
O’Dowda misses out, Shlong is a doubt.
Row Z View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Row Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

There's no way Duffy will ne even taking set-pieces, nevermind scoring from them.

LOL
"Just put it up there..."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

A win vs Wales would put us in a healthy enough posistion to finish second and secure pot 2.

Then if they drew with Denmark, we’d only need an away draw against the Danes who would in turn top the group. 

Incorrect, unless we win by three. In your scenario (we beat Wales, Wales draw with Denmark, we draw with Denmark), we all end up on 5 points, and we are bottom on goal difference if we beat Wales by one and head to head if we beat them by two.

If the table is Denmark 5 (+2), Wales 5 (-1) and Ireland 5 (-1), then Denmark win the group and our position re: Wales goes back to head to head, where we would lose, on the basis of being -1 GD if we beat them by two.

We need to win and then hope Denmark beat Wales. Hell, even a Wales win is better for us, because then we would only need a score draw in Denmark to finish second on away goals.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Incorrect, unless we win by three. In your scenario (we beat Wales, Wales draw with Denmark, we draw with Denmark), we all end up on 5 points, and we are bottom on goal difference if we beat Wales by one and head to head if we beat them by two.

If the table is Denmark 5 (+2), Wales 5 (-1) and Ireland 5 (-1), then Denmark win the group and our position re: Wales goes back to head to head, where we would lose, on the basis of being -1 GD if we beat them by two.

We need to win and then hope Denmark beat Wales. Hell, even a Wales win is better for us, because then we would only need a score draw in Denmark to finish second on away goals.

Feck. I can’t see the Danes beating Wales away. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:18pm
Just take care of the Welsh tomorrow night..........and worry about possibilities after that. Win tomorrow and come last game we could either win the group or be relegated.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:27pm
Tomorrow is really a must win game for us for many reasons, to stay in League B for the Nations League, possibly set ourselves up with a playoff, to be a second seed for the Euros qualification and then to get the fans back on the teams side again. If we don't win the rot will continue and we are basically putting all of our eggs in the one basket of finishing ahead of a higher ranked team in the euro qualifiers.

I don't think MON, Keane or Delaney will view it this way though. I can see us failing to qualify for Euro2020 and the excuse being "we had a difficult group with 2 good teams ahead of us", but they will fail to mention that we had the opportunity to put all of this right by playing Denmark and Wales in Dublin with their best players missing.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:30pm
I think we would be better off in League C, teams around our own level would give us a better chance of developing a system.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:31pm
what team will he play? who knows what absolute bafoonery he has up his sleeve

reckon he might actually go 2 up front. aob/robinson for odowda possibly. probably obrien as he is bigger and martin loves a big physical lad. 

his team- randolph, keogh, duffy, long, doherty, mcclean, christie, hendrick, arter, obrien, long. 5-3-2

my team- randolph, long, duffy, clark, doherty, arter, williams, hendrick, stephens, robinson, obrien
3-5-2. more balance less square pegs in round holes and a bit of pace and finishing ability up front. could make case for playing long up front also he has a thankless role in our side

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:33pm
I'd say we'll set up similar to Danish game

-------------------Randolph----------------
------Keogh--------Duffy-------Long-------
Doherty----------------------------------McClean-
---------------------Williams----------------------
----------Christie---------------Arter-------
----------------------Hendrick---------------
----------------------O'Brien---------------

Even though I'd prefer Robinson to play ahead of Christie and Hendrick to drop back, but I'd say the above will be close to our setup and team but with MON god knows
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Even though I'd prefer Robinson to play ahead of Christie and Hendrick to drop back, but I'd say the above will be close to our setup and team but with MON god knows

No long?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

No long?

Injured the last I heard  (at least doubtful)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 32>
  Share Topic