You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Scotland Match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 105>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

I'd start the same team as last night bar a straight swap for mcclean over McGeady and long for keane, spring Robbie off the bench with 15 to go if necessary

McClean on the left McGeady on the right, Walters/Long in the middle

Brady at LB is should not be tried in such crucial games, Wilson out there with Keogh in the center 
Sponsored Links

ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 8:04pm
Scottish supporters on the Tartan Army forum think we're crap and they're certain they'll win in Dublin. Should we bother turning up with the mighty Scots in town?
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 8:07pm
Scotland are also now world beaters, no we shouldn't bother showing up. We should bow to Scott Brown.

i hope the scottish players have that mentality, we're coming for them based on that second half last night. 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 8:59pm
Hope they do think like that. A couple of good results and they think they're 1970s Brazil. They're alright but if we carry on where we left off last night we will win
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

Scottish supporters on the Tartan Army forum think we're crap and they're certain they'll win in Dublin. Should we bother turning up with the mighty Scots in town?

I'm not surprised they're brimming with confidence given that they're in third place and two points ahead of us. But they probably had an element of luck in Glasgow and if that had finished 0-0, we'd actually be ahead of them in the group table now. I'm inclined to think this upcoming game is more of a potential banana skin for them, rather than for us. I can't imagine the Irish team being nervous about this one at all beforehand and they may well feel a need for revenge and having a point to prove.
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:03am
We are gonna beat 2-0 against the dulce de leche inventors (butter-scotch)  there's nothing in life like a good andglorious caramel flavor ice cream!!! 

Remember if is not scottish it's craaaapppp!!!!

JamesMurphy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesMurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I reckon the Scots are due a disappointing result. They haven't really had one so far (they came out of the German defeat with a lot of credit). They were arguably fortunate to beat both Georgia and Ireland at home.....their luck will surely run out somewhere, and why not against us.

To be fair we've had more luck than them with last minute goals. Take those goals away and see where we would be in the table?

Second half performance was much better but when was the last time we showed up and performed for a full 90mins! Unfortunatley I think we are actually in a false position in the group.
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 11:26am
Never wanted to beat a team more than Scotland. I was in St Andrews recently and a guy pretty much laughed in my face when I told him we'd beat them in Dublin. 
Is it possible to play like we did in the 2nd half for an entire game? If memory serves me correctly that used to be the case at times under MM. Yugoslavia springs to mind, and Holland of course. Maybe the positivity will carry on from that half to the next match, fingers crossed.
Pet hate: Kilts with f**king desert boots, have they any idea how idiotic they look? Lord lord lord...
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by JamesMurphy JamesMurphy wrote:

I reckon the Scots are due a disappointing result. They haven't really had one so far (they came out of the German defeat with a lot of credit). They were arguably fortunate to beat both Georgia and Ireland at home.....their luck will surely run out somewhere, and why not against us.

To be fair we've had more luck than them with last minute goals. Take those goals away and see where we would be in the table?

Second half performance was much better but when was the last time we showed up and performed for a full 90mins! Unfortunatley I think we are actually in a false position in the group.

Is it luck or fantastic team spirit though? In all three games, the Irish team kept piling forward in the last few minutes in desperate search of a goal.....they finished out the three games very well and on the front foot.

I still think the Scots are due a setback. The campaign has gone a bit 'too' smoothly for them (which is why Scottish fans are now crowing and are bullish about their qualification chances), but I reckon a very disappointing performance / result has to come somewhere in this group and it may as well be us that inflicts it on them in June.
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 2:32pm
they conceded against Gibraltar, that's just inexcusable lol

game will be tight against them. They do have Germany at home and Poland at home so it gives them a slight edge. Its one where they will see a draw as a good result however Germany play Gibraltar and poland play georgia so both should pick up 3 points there.

If we want to keep pace (same as the scots) we need a win
put em under pressure!
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 2:33pm

Originally posted by JamesMurphy JamesMurphy wrote:

Is it luck or fantastic team spirit though? In all three games, the Irish team kept piling forward in the last few minutes in desperate search of a goal.....they finished out the three games very well and on the front foot.

I still think the Scots are due a setback. The campaign has gone a bit 'too' smoothly for them (which is why Scottish fans are now crowing and are bullish about their qualification chances), but I reckon a very disappointing performance / result has to come somewhere in this group and it may as well be us that inflicts it on them in June.

+1
They now think they're a football powerhouse, perfect timing for a slip-up in Dublin. I can see them holding Poland to in Hampden all the better for us.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:22pm
Apparently Georgia could be playing their next few home games behind closed doors after crowd trouble at the Germany game.
Makes it even easier for sides going there now.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:32pm
Ah ffs, that's terrible news. I know the Scots only scored one against them but still.

Imagine being a Scot who had booked flights for the game there, though. You'd be ripping.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Apparently Georgia could be playing their next few home games behind closed doors after crowd trouble at the Germany game.
Makes it even easier for sides going there now.

I cant see UEFA punishing them that way. It was only a couple of interruptions - it wasnt anything like Montenegro - or either when they threw the pen knife at Killer in 03
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:38pm
It'll be a heavy fine and a ticking off id imagine, although i heard that on the Radio. 
Georiga and Dublin is where it all goes wrong for Scotland i think... and hope.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:39pm
I think coleman should start on the right wing and christie at RB. We saw coleman pushed onto the back foot all game in glasgow and he isnt the best defensively. Free him of most of his defensive obligations for the night and see what happens. If christie can cope with anya in the championship he can do it in a green jersey and he's no slouch going forward either.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 31 Mar 2015 at 4:40pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:43pm
Think Strachan is a bit too wily to allow a slip up in T'bilisi tbh but heres hoping.....
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

+1
They now think they're a football powerhouse, perfect timing for a slip-up in Dublin. I can see them holding Poland to in Hampden all the better for us.

Yes, their fans seem extremely confident judging by what they're saying on their own forums and they're basing this of course on being third in the group and being only point behind the Poles. All it would take though would be one bad result for their campaign to start to unravel and you could easily see it happen in Dublin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 105>
  Share Topic