Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Holland 2001

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:08am
Nice one Aidz, looks like these bunch of moany holes want the highlights,and to be fair I wouldnt mind seeing them myself! Thumbs%20Up
Sponsored Links

JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:14am
Originally posted by gazsh gazsh wrote:

sono i have 'The road to Asia' which goes through all games from 2002 qualifying campaign if thats any use? the 2 dutch matches feature on it..

Good thinking.
Haven't seen that in years.
Gonna go watch it now
McNulty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McNulty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:14am
I'll post it up to you aidz if you like?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:18am
Highlights. Just put the whole Road to Korea on, get a good few cheers out of it
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 10:58am
Lansdowne was fookin heaving that day- my ma taped the games from the wc dont have the dutch qualifying game though
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Right Gaz/Babysis if one of you wouldnt mind lending the DVD for the day?

Gaz it mite be easier if I got it off u and burned a copy and then fook it if it gets wrecked, that alright?

no bother sono ill give u a buzz laterThumbs%20Up
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 11:07am
By far the best match I've ever been to. We were in the North shoolboy and when we scored I lost a shoe and my mates jeans fell down, he couldnt get them back up till everyone stopped jumping around....which I think was about 20 minutes after full time! Never forget Status Quo Rockin all over the World played at the end and everyone belting it out. The green tee shirts handed out were a nice touch on the day..

Edited by MikeHunt - 28 Oct 2009 at 11:07am
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 11:13am
Originally posted by MikeHunt MikeHunt wrote:

By far the best match I've ever been to. We were in the North shoolboy and when we scored I lost a shoe and my mates jeans fell down, he couldnt get them back up till everyone stopped jumping around....which I think was about 20 minutes after full time! Never forget Status Quo Rockin all over the World played at the end and everyone belting it out. The green tee shirts handed out were a nice touch on the day..

LOL classic Mike!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by MikeHunt MikeHunt wrote:

Defo. Had my jersey but there were lots of men that day that just threw them over what they were wearing as i think they were a size large or XL. It didn't matter they didn't look the most fashionable cause it was a sey of green. Would be great if they could do similar again, Eircom is who I am looking at again, they are our sponsor so they should really be doing more. If Carlsberg or something were our sponsor I am sure they'd do something.

Also think it's up to Umbro or Eircom to get us one of those massive jerseys. Cost them a few grand but great advertisments for the companies

not a great quality Vid but the sea of green on the south terrace when McAteer scored

Edited by t_rAndy - 28 Oct 2009 at 12:03pm
aidz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by McNulty McNulty wrote:

I'll post it up to you aidz if you like?
pm sent
You'll never beat the Irish
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 10:20am
would anyone kindly lend me the DVD of the game temporarily please?Smile
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 1:39pm
anyone (worm Thumbs Up) got the match online anywhere we can download?
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 3:01pm
A great recent upload on YouTube of the RTE panel at Pre/HT/FT of the great win over the dutch. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atgkS8L6axk
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
KILCRUISE View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KILCRUISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 5:09pm
Was at that game UNTIL THE END and it was a cracker up there with best best
may the road rise to meet you but make sure it does not slap you in the face
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 5:18pm
The game was nothing like last week's win over Germany. The only reason the Netherlands had a hatful of chances in the second half is because we were down to 10 men (we had already drawn 2-2 in Amsterdam and should have won comfortably there).

The win over Germany was a bigger achievement given the amount of possession and chances they had.
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 5:37pm

U2 played Slane that night - Lansdowne was rocking at the end remember they played 'Elevation' over the tannoy- I thought the West Stand was going to collapse.

Although all downhill after that...Cry
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

The game was nothing like last week's win over Germany. The only reason the Netherlands had a hatful of chances in the second half is because we were down to 10 men (we had already drawn 2-2 in Amsterdam and should have won comfortably there).

The win over Germany was a bigger achievement given the amount of possession and chances they had.

Kluivert should have had two in the first half !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

A great recent upload on YouTube of the RTE panel at Pre/HT/FT of the great win over the dutch. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atgkS8L6axk

the adverts bring back some great memories LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic