Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Gibraltar match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 28>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:01am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You can't blame McCarthy for that. His remit was to try and get us to the Euros, he is hardly going to start bringing lads through. If anybody has been short-sighted it is the FAI. 

Can I blame him for not selecting O'Dowda, Doherty (our form PL player I think every single person would agree)?

I take your point about the FAI. It is on them. Once they appointed McCarthy we were f*cked. I can blame McCarthy though for not bringing any youth at all through though, unless we are counting young Glenn Whelans vim and vigour in the middle of the park.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:04am
Another annoying thing is when we are on the wing (which we are a lot), we very rarely try to work it back into the middle, we just pay in little pockets on the wing until we can try get in a cross, many times we had a central midfielder free in the middle of the pitch but we wouldn't look for him whereas we should be trying to utilize that more often and switch the play from left to right and create space. It allowed Gilbraltar to just crowd the box and defend the crosses. If we were going to cross so much we should have put Duffy upfront!

rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:04am
I think we passed the ball into touch about 8 times tonight. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:04am
Dundalk would beat that Gibraltar team handily and with better football. Matt Doherty, seems Macartacus will not tolerate anyone who may think for themselves...maybe Doherty needs to prove himself the way Irwin had to years ago. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

You can't blame McCarthy for that. His remit was to try and get us to the Euros, he is hardly going to start bringing lads through. If anybody has been short-sighted it is the FAI. 

Can I blame him for not selecting O'Dowda, Doherty (our form PL player I think every single person would agree)?

I take your point about the FAI. It is on them. Once they appointed McCarthy we were f*cked. I can blame McCarthy though for not bringing any youth at all through though, unless we are counting young Glenn Whelans vim and vigour in the middle of the park.
The jury is out on O'Dowda, he seems to be every bit as inconsistent and unreliable as the rest of them.

His job isn't to bring youth through, it is to try and qualify.  He picked Whelan as he is still our best midfielder. The most back-handed compliment ever. 
I believe we would have ended up third no matter what, so we may has well have been bringing through Cullen, Ronan and a few more youngsters. I don't see what harm could have been done and for the same end result.
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:08am
We have 10 points with 4 games to go. Think it's going to take 16 or 17 points to qualify. Need to win against Georgia and get a win in the remaining 3 big games. 3 draws potentially but thinking we'll need a win and a draw. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:09am
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

I think we passed the ball into touch about 8 times tonight. 
Better odds of finding someone in a green shirt.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:14am
after seeing that tonight it seems utterly absurd that our most in form player cant get a game in that side in some shape or form.... what the actual fook Wacko

Edited by mully_85 - 11 Jun 2019 at 12:15am
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:15am
You'd swear Stephen Kenny was Wenger or Guardiola the way some go on. He will have a very limited selection of players like McCarthy, maybe even more limited given how old the team is. You don't that much time with players to work things out like in club football 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:15am
Rarely do we perform well against poorer opponents. That’s going on years. It’s in our psyche. Another thing is that plenty gave Robbie Keane stick for scoring his goals against so called minnows. There was no one could do it tonight. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

You'd swear Stephen Kenny was Wenger or Guardiola the way some go on. He will have a very limited selection of players like McCarthy, maybe even more limited given how old the team is. You don't that much time with players to work things out like in club football 

whether he fails or succeeds, one thing is sure is that he will try and play football
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:16am
We are crying out for Grealish (Jack) and a Rice!
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:16am
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:18am
Matt Doherty played against Gibraltar the first day and was an embarrassment. He wouldn't make a massive difference at RB
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:19am

see https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0610/1054566-player-ratings-robinson-the-avivas-shining-light/

Think they need to bring drug testing into journalism!
Clucking bell!LOL
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Matt Doherty played against Gibraltar the first day and was an embarrassment. He wouldn't make a massive difference at RB

An embarrassment? Confused

He was played out of position.

Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:21am

see https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0610/1054566-player-ratings-robinson-the-avivas-shining-light/

Think they need to bring drug testing into journalism!
Unreal stuff
The Tribesman View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Tribesman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 12:21am
Our U21s would easily have hammered Gibraltar, sure hasn't it been reported they bet our full side in training recently!
Even my beloved Galway Utd would have beaten The Men from the Rock!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 28>
  Share Topic