You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Georgia 26/03/19 match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ireland v Georgia 26/03/19 match thread
    Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 7:43am
I'm going for a 2 1 win to Ireland.

Edited by Double Maxim - 24 Mar 2019 at 7:43am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:28am
How are the ticket sales going for Tuesday?
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Fai said 40,000 tickets ‘gone’ of last week. Gone because they were given away. 

I’d say crowd could range from 38-45k.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

FAI giving the tickets to school children?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:07am

I think that could be considered child abuse.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 10:24am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

As long as the FAI don't appoint Peter Beardsley!
Bham_McDermott View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bham_McDermott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 11:53am

LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 12:42pm
I think Arter, Whelan and Brady need to start.

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:13pm
What we desperately need is to put out a with as few technically weak players as possible, that means sacrificing the likes of McClean and possibly Doherty; Duffy would be out too if he wasn't so important to our chances of actually scoring.

I'd go with something along the lines of:
Randolph
Coleman Duffy Egan Stevens
Hendrick Cullen Arter Judge Brady
McGoldrick/Maguire

What you have there is a team of players who aren't necessarily outstanding, but barring Duffy they are all pretty comfortable receiving the ball and keeping possession. That should be our imperative going forward. The likes of McClean might offer more in an athletic sense, but in terms of playing constructively they are poisonous. Even having a few of them in your line-up can completely scupper your chances of keeping possession effectively
We're decent enough..
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Mikeire Mikeire wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I think we need to organise the team, not just put a different player in an undefined position.

A lot of people on this forum were happy with the starting lineup before kick off.

It made sense against Gibraltar. But you have to go 4-4-1-1 with Brady on the left, Arter and Whelan in midfield and work around that with those you drop.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:04pm

I think we need to organise the team, not just put a different player in an undefined position.

A lot of people on this forum were happy with the starting lineup before kick off.

It made sense against Gibraltar. But you have to go 4-4-1-1 with Brady on the left, Arter and Whelan in midfield and work around that with those you drop.

Brady - no. 

Whelan and Arter as a midfield partnership? That's just asking for nothing to go through the midfield. And neither of those 2 are going to be driving forward for 2nd balls if we play it long. 

We're the home team. We need to set up with a ball player in there somewhere. Only options are Judge and Jack Byrne. 

I have a feeling that McGoldrick might be somewhat undroppable for Mick. Maguire didn't do himself any favours yesterday, but I would prefer a some pace up front.

I think Judge would play the left with licence to roam.

Randolph

Coleman                  Duffy                        Keogh                  Stevens

Arter

Hendrick Hourihane

Doherty                                   Judge

McGoldrick       
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:10pm
Judge interests me as a creative.

I still feel Brady’s delivery makes a difference.

I don’t feel Arter is a holding midfielder and he has greater abilities with a free role.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:11pm

I don’t feel Arter is a holding midfielder and he has greater abilities with a free role.
For who? The ball boys?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Brady - no. 

Whelan and Arter as a midfield partnership? That's just asking for nothing to go through the midfield. And neither of those 2 are going to be driving forward for 2nd balls if we play it long. 

We're the home team. We need to set up with a ball player in there somewhere. Only options are Judge and Jack Byrne. 

I have a feeling that McGoldrick might be somewhat undroppable for Mick. Maguire didn't do himself any favours yesterday, but I would prefer a some pace up front.

I think Judge would play the left with licence to roam.

Randolph

Coleman                  Duffy                        Keogh                  Stevens

Arter

Hendrick Hourihane

Doherty                                   Judge

McGoldrick       
Villa have hit a run of form with Whelan playing in front of the back four. The way Villa play means plenty goes through him, so that is nonsense. Admittedly, he as better players in front of him at Villa, but even I think himself and Arter should be capable against Georgia, provided the team is set-up right.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:39pm
4-4-1-1

Randolph

Coleman
Keogh
Duffy
Stevens

Brady
Arter
Hourihane
Hendrick

McGoldrick

Collins
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
McCarthyy21 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCarthyy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 3:45pm
Personally thought McGoldrick was absolutely poison yesterday, I do think he is practically undropable though. Have absolutely no idea what the team is going to look like on Tuesday, just hope the performance is atleast 500% better, still might not even be enough to win at that.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 4:14pm

For who? The ball boys?

Change up. That’s it. I agree with the vast majority of what you say, but there has to be a change from yesterday. Save o dowda being available.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by McCarthyy21 McCarthyy21 wrote:

Personally thought McGoldrick was absolutely poison yesterday, I do think he is practically undropable though. Have absolutely no idea what the team is going to look like on Tuesday, just hope the performance is atleast 500% better, still might not even be enough to win at that.

Everyone was poison yesterday! I think that's pretty much the general consensus. But it was a sliding scale of poison. McGoldrick was poison with an assist, so obviously not as bad as some.

Yesterday was a TERRIBLE team performance. Lets give it another game at least before we starting picking out individuals.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic