You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v France match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 29>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Brady instead of Manning. I dunno about that...

The fume if Idah starts ahead of Ferguson.

Ferguson will definitely start but Idah is a good option off the bench to either replace a tiring o injured Ferguson or of we need to go longer and he plays out wide but as a second target man.
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 2:10pm
I wonder how much of the team news sharing from Kenny is real vs. keeping France guessing? 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 2:13pm
Don’t think France give a monkeys toss about SKs alleged mind games 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 2:47pm
Would be very interesting to see the French opposition reporting for tomorrow night.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Don’t think France give a monkeys toss about SKs alleged mind games 

Probably not. But wouldn't be surprised if the injuries have been oversold and we still see Coleman and O'Dowda start.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 3:13pm
Feck this crap lets beat the French after 2009 i want to tear them feckers a new one .

* maybe down to the bottle of McGuigan's Chardonnay i have just drunk * 

Still think we can win as i have just upgraded from a draw what i predicted , McCLEAN from the bench to score the winner .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Feck this crap lets beat the French after 2009 i want to tear them feckers a new one .

Still think we can win as i have just upgraded from a draw what i predicted , McCLEAN from the bench to score the winner .

That's the spirit, no drinking French Chardonnay.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I’m away to the offie to but some of that!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 4:00pm
The mighty (more like cocky) Danes, 2-0 up and coasting away to Kazakhstan, finishes 3-2. 

Anything can happen in football, including us getting a result tomorrow.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 4:07pm
Denmark beat France twice in the NL.

Wales getting a draw against Croatia away from home. Anything can happen in football.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 4:12pm
Mental result. Not what we need to be seeing
1874eire View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1874eire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 5:16pm
Apparently they have been showing the players clips of goals Ireland scored against France down through the years. Didn't we try that against England the last time we played them?
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Mental result. Not what we need to be seeing

I wouldn’t be too concerned. Denmark will still qualify. Just a freak one off result. I would still be more worried about Northwen Ireland doing something a bit mad then Kazakhstan. 

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Mar 2023 at 5:20pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 5:45pm
It's not Denmark that are the issue, they'll still qualify. It's Finland that are the problem, they're a weak second seed.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

It's not Denmark that are the issue, they'll still qualify. It's Finland that are the problem, they're a weak second seed.

Finland or Slovenia will likely qualify Slovenia should be there to pick up the pieces if Finland don’t qualify. Kazakhstan got a freak result today but won’t be qualifying. That’s safe. The North a bigger danger then Kazakhstan.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 6:02pm
You wouldn't know, Kazakhstan were good in the Nations League as well. Will be very interesting to see what level the north are at. They're crap on paper but O'Neill might be able to drag them up the table and into contention.

Edited by You Tell Me - 26 Mar 2023 at 6:03pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 6:07pm

You wouldn't know, Kazakhstan were good in the Nations League as well. Will be very interesting to see what level the north are at. They're crap on paper but O'Neill might be able to drag them up the table and into contention.

Kaz lost their opening game at home to Slovenia, so while today was a good win for them, they have already dropped home points. Slovenia are currently only drawing 0-0 with San Marino at half time, we really want them to kick on and win that one.
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 6:07pm

They were good in that. I do think it could be a tight group with no more than 4/5 points between the 2nd and 5th teams. Kazakhstan have also lost 3-0 and 2-0 to Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan recently. I just doubt they will have the consistency to accumulate enough points for 2nd. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 29>
  Share Topic