Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U-21 2019 Qualifying

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 48>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

King must have some serious sh*t on Delaney alright.

Why on earth is that gobsh*te still in management. I cant believe no former player or journalist has commented on his continuation of that role. Time someone spoke out and time he was removed.

I wouldn't say it's that. More likely to be that King is a loyal minion and yes man.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

King must have some serious sh*t on Delaney alright.

Why on earth is that gobsh*te still in management. I cant believe no former player or journalist has commented on his continuation of that role. Time someone spoke out and time he was removed.

I wouldn't say it's that. More likely to be that King is a loyal minion and yes man.

and cheap 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 1:25pm
I doubt Delaney knows what the score was last night.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

King's lopsided bias towards foreign born lads, regardless of the level they're playing at, is mind boggling. He's a poor coach. Compare him with Baraclough. Day and night. Nordies wisely went for a decent young coach with some senior management experience 

That's a very interesting post in light of the broad consensus on here (that I don't agree with) that we should be capping more of these lads at senior level. Goes back to a point CillDara made repeatedly, all well & good as a policy in theory, but are any of these lads actually any much good enough ? Other than obvious standouts like Rice (mentioned by Conan above, but anyone who has seen him at this level would agree) & Grealish, maybe also Liam Kelly at a push. 

As regards King, lets see, a progressive manager who plays decent football with young Irish players would seem to be what we need & want. Keith Long at Bohs surely fits that description to a tee, Stephen Kenny will walk off with all the LOI plaudits this year, but Long has exceeded expectations since he has been in that job. Probably wouldn't even make a shortlist if the FAI did decide to employ King elsewhere (sacking him is obviously out of the question, if it was results or performances, or feeding lads through to the senior team, he'd be gone long ago). 

The issue isn’t that he’s not capping people, but rather that he’s capping the wrong people OR (in the case of promising players like Grealish, Kelly) not bringing them through to a stage where they are ready and primed to make the jump to the senior set up
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 4:41pm
Noel King quoted in the Star this moring saying he hasnt given up hope of topping the group by hammering Germany 7 nil. This man is a delusional head banger. hahahahah

Edited by JoxerDaly - 12 Oct 2018 at 4:42pm
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:20pm
Delaney & Kane the only Irish born starters v Israel?

Edited by DalyerRegular - 14 Oct 2018 at 8:22pm
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 8:45pm
Hate to bring up a sore point, but funnily enough, our U21 qualifying campaign was going very well indeed with Rice in the team. 

Ever since he's dropped out, the whole thing has gone Pete Tong.  

May well be that this one player, a class one playing in a key position, made all the difference to this team - certainly in terms of keeping it tight and not having opponents running at our centre-halves.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2018 at 11:38pm
Fairly standard Noel King stuff. Interesting our lower age groups are almost entirely Irish born kids but by under-21 level if he's in charge they will mostly have been replaced by lower league englishmen, you can bet on it.
DalyerRegular View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DalyerRegular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:09pm
Players born after January 1st 1998 are eligible for the Euro 2021 campaign. Looking ahead to see who's in the 1998/99 age group and it's really slim pickings unfortunately. We should be supplementing from the year below to make us somewhat competitive, (something that King doesn't usually do - in the current squad, only Ronan Hale is eligible for the next campaign) 

Additions I'd like to see from 2000 group - Lee O'Connor, Conor Coventry, Aaron Bolger, Aaron Connolly, Michael Obafemi

Goalkeepers
Caoimhin Kelleher (Liverpool) 1998
Mark Travers (Bournemouth) 1999

Defenders
Conor Masterson (Liverpool) 1998
Darragh Leahy (Bohemians) 1998
Corey O'Keefe (Birmingham City) 1998 *on loan to Solihull Motors
Ryan Nolan (Inter Milan) 1999
Warren O'Hora (Brighton & Hove Albion) 1999
Tyreke Wilson (Manchester City) 1999
Aaron O'Driscoll (Southampton) 1999
Dara O'Shea (Exeter City) 1999
Canice Carroll (Brentford) 1999

Midfielders
Jake Doyle-Hayes (Aston Villa) 1998
Daniel Mandriou (Brighton & Hove Albion) 1998
Connor Ronan (Wolverhampton Wanderers) 1998 *on loan to Walsall
Josh Barrett (Reading) 1998
Simon Power (Norwich City) 1998
JJ Lunney (Bohemians) 1998
Trevor Clarke (Shamrock Rovers) 1998
Declan Rice (West Ham United) 1999 Embarrassed
Jayson Molumby (Brighton & Hove Albion) 1999
Thomas O'Connor (Southampton) 1999
Callum Nicell (Leeds United) 1999
Anthony Scully (West Ham United) 1999
Jack Clarke (Aston Villa) 1999

Forwards 
Ronan Hale (Birmingham City) 1998 *on loan to Derry City
Michael O'Connor (Linfield) 1998
Aaron Drinan (Ipswich Town) 1998 *on loan to Sutton United
Aidan Keena (Hearts) 1999 *on loan to Dunfermline Athletic
Aaron Dobbs (Shamrock Rovers 1999 *on loan to Wexford
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:24pm
^ This group have no chance if Noel King is left in charge. 
The only way is up
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 10:49pm
I'd say Connolly and Obafemi would be part of the forwards and we've more chance of seeing Idah and maybe even Parrott before O'Connor, Keena, Drinan and Dobbs get a game, well you hope so but then again it is Noel King after all and he might find a granny ruler that's stinking it up in the national league and give him up.
Green rebel View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 9:03am
how long is Noel king contract for?
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Green rebel Green rebel wrote:

Life
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by Green rebel Green rebel wrote:

Life

Technically you are correct in a way. Noel King is a staff member at the FAI so isn't really contracted to be the u21s manager and they don't have to pay extra as he was already on the pay roll.
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:38pm
if anybody wants to watch our other clueless buffoon manager in action, the game against Germany is on Euro Sport 2 at 5.15pm. this could make painful viewing.  
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 12:40pm
I predict a 3-0 loss and a Noel King contract extension for another 5 years at least
The only way is up
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Fozzy B Fozzy B wrote:

if anybody wants to watch our other clueless buffoon manager in action, the game against Germany is on Euro Sport 2 at 5.15pm. this could make painful viewing.  
Probably be over at twenty past...
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 3:56pm
Germay u21's v Ireland u21's Euro Qualifier KO 5.15 PM

• Bossin (GK)
    • Whelan
    • Kane
    • Delaney
    • Sweeney
    • Kinsella
    • Cullen (C)
    • Shipley
    • McGrath
    • Hale
    • Donnellan