You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland u19s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 47>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 5:29pm
Curtis and Ferizaj drop out of the starting team for this one. Also no O'Mahony or Vata up top.
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 6:33pm
1-up already.
Lonergan Clap

Edited by Fozz - 27 Sep 2022 at 6:35pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 6:46pm
Zefi also missed a penalty a few minutes before we did go 1-0.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 7:53pm
Great win. 3 out of 3 might hopefully keep them away from at least some of the big guns this year.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 11:04am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Great win. 3 out of 3 might hopefully keep them away from at least some of the big guns this year.

And it did. Being a top seed saw us avoid all the heavyweights and we got Greece, Estonia and Slovakia in the elite round. Still tough as always at this age group as only the group winners make the finals but a decent chance all the same. 
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 2:09pm

And it did. Being a top seed saw us avoid all the heavyweights and we got Greece, Estonia and Slovakia in the elite round. Still tough as always at this age group as only the group winners make the finals but a decent chance all the same. 

Seems like a reasonable draw alright. Will they lose a few to the 21s in the next window though?
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 2:44pm

The schedule:
2022/23 UEFA Under-19 European Championship Elite Round
Wednesday, March 22 | Republic of Ireland v Slovakia
Saturday, March 25 | Republic of Ireland v Estonia
Tuesday, March 28 | Greece v Republic of Ireland

2023/24 UEFA Under-19 European Championship Qualifying Round
Wednesday, November 15 | Republic of Ireland v Albania
Saturday, November 18 | Republic of Ireland v Slovenia
Tuesday, November 21 | Belgium v Republic of Ireland

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Seems like a reasonable draw alright. Will they lose a few to the 21s in the next window though?

Unlikely. The U21s have a very strong crop (and they might only lose a couple of players to the seniors). Though they lack a little depth at CB & RWB, so maybe Abankwah, Curtis & Murphy could be moved up if the U21s are playing 3/5 at the back.

Edited by Greenie50 - 08 Dec 2022 at 2:47pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 2:57pm
U21s qualifiers won't start till September 2023 and U21s should have more than enough for Marchs friendlies with the 02 and 03 age groups. Junes U21s training camp wont clash with the U19s if they make the finals.

Though they may lose a couple of the 2005 players for the 2024 U19s depending on how they progress. Could see Sam Curtis and Justin Ferizaj as two players who'll get promoted up an age group.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

U21s qualifiers won't start till September 2023 and U21s should have more than enough for Marchs friendlies with the 02 and 03 age groups. Junes U21s training camp wont clash with the U19s if they make the finals.

Though they may lose a couple of the 2005 players for the 2024 U19s depending on how they progress. Could see Sam Curtis and Justin Ferizaj as two players who'll get promoted up an age group.

They seem the most likely with O'Reilly & possibly Zefi too. Can see Vata getting fast tracked through to the 21s.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 4:21pm
Great news that we're hosting this mini group. Gives us a real chance to qualify again for this - any Irish team that makes an 8 team finals (with only 7 qualification places) is doing really well so would be a great achievement.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 4:50pm
Wonder where the 19's matches will be played?
Will try get to one or more, if travel is viable.

kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Cyprus afaik
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Cyprus afaik

That's the Under 17s. We're hosting the Under 19s group. Likely Tallaght or Cork I'd say.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 6:26pm
Sorry your actually correct.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 7:50pm
Yeah, 17's in Cyprus (and then back in Ireland next Autumn for the next campaign) while 19's here.
May have them all in Cork or somesuch.

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 9:30pm
LOI season will be on so they'll likely move the games around to different grounds.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 5:31pm
aACanAAAa
@CAN?

CABBAGE

A
AB

Clearly some sort of pocket texting going on there 

Edited by pateen - 12 Dec 2022 at 3:16pm
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2023 at 10:51am

UK based training camp announced ahead of the elite phase qualifiers.

Goalkeepers: Owen Mason (Farsley Celtic, on loan from Mansfield Town), Jimmy Storer (Wolves), Theo Avery (Mansfield), Dominic Brook (Port Vale), Will Blease (Blackburn Rovers) 

Defenders: Liam McAlinney (Leicester City), James Golding (Banbury United, on loan from Oxford United), Harry Nevin (Preston North End), Justin Osagie (Celtic), Aaron O’Reilly (Aston Villa), Byron Wilson (Brentford), Josh Seary (Preston North End), Jacob Slater (Preston North End), Sam Inwood (Bolton Wanderers)

Midfielders: Joe Gibbard (Crystal Palace), Ronan Maher (Walsall), Harry Vaughan (Oldham Athletic), Mikey O’Neill (Grimsby Town, on loan from Preston North End), Oisin Gallagher (Lincoln City), Joe Gardner (Nottingham Forest), Glen McConnell (Cambridge United),

Forwards: Nathan Fraser (Wolves), Thomas Bloxham (Tottenham Hotspur), Leslie Adekoya (Accrington Stanley), Jamie Mullins (Brighton & Hove Albion)

A good few unfamiliar names to me there but two that stand out are Adekoya, who scored against Leeds in the cup yesterday, I think this is his first involvement with Ireland. Also Mikey O'Neill who is rated reasonably highly at Preston and has made a few appearances in the Championship this season. Currently on loan in League 2 with Grimsby. Didn't know he was eligible for us. Although, players have previously been called in to these camps and it has turnout they're not eligible, so this doesn't necessarily confirm anything.

Jacob Slater has also made a single appearance for Preston in the Championship.

Edited by You Tell Me - 29 Jan 2023 at 11:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 47>
  Share Topic