You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland U17s - Euro 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:24pm
just checked the uefa live updates. still 1-0. england completely dominating the match in terms of possession and chances. 
Sponsored Links

sligoybig View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sligoybig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:27pm
24 attempts to 2. We must be defending well. Hopefully all out now last 15 to get an equaliser.
musicinmouth View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote musicinmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:34pm
5 mins to go. still 1-0.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:38pm
We just had one cleared off the line, giving it a lash anyway.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/0513/874862-manchester-city-v/
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:39pm
Red card Bolger.
He's been doing his best to get sent off all tournament.

Edited by Maccatacca - 13 May 2017 at 12:40pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:41pm
Bolger sent-off, seems to have been a decent effort though.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:41pm
87th minute now. 

Thats 7 mins of injury time.... 
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:44pm
Game over. Far better exit than going home after the Germany game at least.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:45pm
Definitely. 

Shame we couldn't have scored that chance that was cleared off the line. Would have been great to get to extra time and maybe penalties!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:48pm
Obviously a huge improvement on the other day, it wasn't surprising to find out that Bolger was the one sent-off! What time are the highlights?
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think the low was greater than the high, I guess we will find out by how they react the next day. I hope you're right and they put in a performance. I will have a few quid on-5 though, just to be safe.

I hope you didnt lose too much.

I think it very much will, if they go out and give a decent account of themselves then there is a case for their mentality. On the other hand, if they take another humping with heads dropping like flies it will show an issue with their mindset and 'terrific', nice a fella and all that he is, will also have to take some criticism.

Maybe an apology to those children might be in order.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

I think the low was greater than the high, I guess we will find out by how they react the next day. I hope you're right and they put in a performance. I will have a few quid on-5 though, just to be safe.

I hope you didnt lose too much.

I think it very much will, if they go out and give a decent account of themselves then there is a case for their mentality. On the other hand, if they take another humping with heads dropping like flies it will show an issue with their mindset and 'terrific', nice a fella and all that he is, will also have to take some criticism.

Maybe an apology to those children might be in order.
Yeah, fair play to the ickle kiddies they bounced back very well. It shows how close you can get with the right mentality.
I didn't lose anything at all as none of the bookies I use were taking bets on it, a lot of companies are slow to take them on underage games.
WillieMaley View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillieMaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 12:58pm
Do any of these kids have the potential to make it to the big leagues? 

Also, I seen only a few are selected for academies in England. Hopefully a few more go over, or grabbed the attention of scouts.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 1:06pm

Love Luke Nolan's passion during the anthem.

Unlucky lads, much better performance

Edited by zizu Kilbane - 13 May 2017 at 1:06pm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Keano2000 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keano2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by WillieMaley WillieMaley wrote:

Do any of these kids have the potential to make it to the big leagues? 

Also, I seen only a few are selected for academies in England. Hopefully a few more go over, or grabbed the attention of scouts.
That Adam Idah fella seems like a good prospect, wouldn't be surprised to see an English club come in for him soon
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Love Luke Nolan's passion during the anthem.

Unlucky lads, much better performance
a good oul Nutgrove lad Helps out coaching an u10s team in Leicester Celtic aswel
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 3:40pm
A great experience today, from navigating the Zagreb transport system and being guided all the way by friendly locals to the game itself and the sound people we met.

Well done to the lads today, they stuck at it all the way through. They were understandably setup very defensively all the way through, hoping no doubt to nick a late goal and they weren't too far away. It was very hot during the first half. There was nothing Maher could have done for the goal, it was a great shot to the top corner. He had a great game, strong and important saves. It was great to see the pride and passion in the boys today, they gave everything. Nolan, in particular, had a great fighting spirit wanting to push on for an equaliser. To come out with that result against the pre-tournament favourites is an achievement. Qualifying for the finals for the first time in 20 years and reaching the quarter finals is a great achievement.

We shouldn't forget that the boys have achieved all of this on an uneven playing field against young lads who have been in premier league academies since 7 or 8 years of age or, in the case of the Germans, in boarding academies from the same young age. The parents of our lads also go to great lengths to support their boys around the world.

Fair play to all.
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

A great experience today, from navigating the Zagreb transport system and being guided all the way by friendly locals to the game itself and the sound people we met.

Well done to the lads today, they stuck at it all the way through. They were understandably setup very defensively all the way through, hoping no doubt to nick a late goal and they weren't too far away. It was very hot during the first half. There was nothing Maher could have done for the goal, it was a great shot to the top corner. He had a great game, strong and important saves. It was great to see the pride and passion in the boys today, they gave everything. Nolan, in particular, had a great fighting spirit wanting to push on for an equaliser. To come out with that result against the pre-tournament favourites is an achievement. Qualifying for the finals for the first time in 20 years and reaching the quarter finals is a great achievement.

We shouldn't forget that the boys have achieved all of this on an uneven playing field against young lads who have been in premier league academies since 7 or 8 years of age or, in the case of the Germans, in boarding academies from the same young age. The parents of our lads also go to great lengths to support their boys around the world.

Fair play to all.
We did actually make the finals when it was an 8 team championship in 2008 with the likes of Hourihane and Brady involved at the time.
It'll be interesting monitoring how Germany and England fare from now to gauge where we are it. The Dutch gave Deutschland a good game today, just lost out at the last moment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
  Share Topic