FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIreland Match Programs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ireland Match Programs
    Posted: 24 Oct 2007 at 10:17am
Does anyone else collect match programs, shirts, stubs, teamsheets etc from Ireland games?

I have a few spares from recent games if anyone is interested (PM me) and am after a few programs i missed on my travels to add to my collection as well.

Its a pain at times trying to get a program, and then look after it whilst on the beer! 

Sponsored Links

Justice View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2007 at 11:31am

We don't collect Programmes Round these parts Prendy. It's called You Boys in Green Fanzine lad.. In fact I encourage people to keep their six euro in their pockets rather than give it to the FAI . Then I give them a free YBIG and they get to have an extra pint !!!

Away Programmes and other memorabilia are acceptable though. i'll look into it for you and revert

Irelands Call my arse...
L.Y.A. View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2007 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

We don't collect Programmes Round these parts Prendy. It's called You Boys in Green Fanzine lad.. In fact I encourage people to keep their six euro in their pockets rather than give it to the FAI . Then I give them a free YBIG and they get to have an extra pint !!!

Away Programmes and other memorabilia are acceptable though. i'll look into it for you and revert

Is it true Justice you've the biggest collection of Young Boys in Green
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2007 at 5:20pm
The Irish Programme has gotten progressively boring as well over the years.  I always get one as a memento but it's pants as a read.  YBIG is where it's at for a good entertaining read.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2007 at 5:30pm
Go to bed FW...it's way past your bedtime!!
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 3:02am
used to buy programs all the time. Was at jack charltons first game back against wales, age 7 and started collected from there but around 2000 realsied that after reading one or 2 boring articles I never opended them up again. Hate having to carry them around as they are 2 big and ackward. First program I have is the same size as YBIG which s dead handy for the back poca. Another problem with the program is the squads on the inside pages, whats the story with numbers not being assigned to players before going to print, would make it much easier to recognise the away placers with out your eyes popping out trying to squint down and make a guess.
Same problem for some of the oul coggers who sit beside me who are trying to see what irish players are playing where (especially an issue under stans reign!)
Boring boring programmes!

PS got one at the czech republic v ireland game, some czech oulfella was handing them out at the main home fans turnstiles beside mcdonalds.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 3:16am
That was a fantastic McDonalds I must say. The only problem with those programmes we got were that they were in czech!! was there programmes for the slovak game or were they just too poor and bogey a nation to sell them??
Prendy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 6:24am
There were programs for the slovak game yeah, a bit sh*te tho and they doubled up with the welsh game (you know the one where wales hammered the team we could onyl draw with)

Agree programs are a bit sh*te at the moment but only cos the articles are not controversial so they are boring - much prefer YBIG which is getting better and better i must add. 

On the topic of fanzines - does anyone read any others for other teams etc.  There are a few decent premiership team one around - Sunderland Love supreme is good and man utd have red news, United we stand and red issue (all pretty good)

England have one that they do in association with the Football supporters association so its a bit tame in comparision to YBIG - but has good articles on away guides to games - recently warning about dangers in Russia etc, which made me laugh a bit knowing what it was like
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 6:31am
Where can you pick up an English one Prendy?

Norn Irion have one called Happy Days, wasn't bad either.
Justice View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 6:59am
Originally posted by L.Y.A. L.Y.A. wrote:

Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

Is it true Justice you've the biggest collection of Young Boys in Green
No, reckon that's Count I'm missing  issue 8.. can I buy it off you LYA for a tube of KYJ ???
Irelands Call my arse...
Prendy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 7:11am

Ger

Have  a look on the football supporters association website - its called free lions
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2007 at 9:00am
cheers Prendy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic