You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IPTV worth it ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 9:38am
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 11:36am

Any recommendations for a decent streaming service actually?    I was using Vader Streams last season (think it was $100 for the year), and worked in HD quality 95% of the time which was good enough for me.    They have since closed down though.

The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 11:36am
We hear this before the start of every season, it's never stopped.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 1:15pm
Am I right in saying that this will only stop the dodgy IPTV providers based in Ireland? So if you're getting your dodgy sports from the back arse of Hong Kong, it won't be blocked? 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Am I right in saying that this will only stop the dodgy IPTV providers based in Ireland? So if you're getting your dodgy sports from the back arse of Hong Kong, it won't be blocked? 

I don't think it's blocked on origin, sure those "Irish" sites are likely hosted in other countries. The ISP#s will have to come up with a blacklist of the sites to block which is pretty easy to do for them. It's only when new sites start offering the service there may be a lag in updating the list.

As said already we've heard it all before, none of what they do can stop anyone who's using a VPN service correctly to access said streaming sites
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 2:34pm
So VPN either way and we're laughing Thumbs Up
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 2:39pm

I have iptv with 2 different people. I asked one of them today about it and he reckon vpn won’t work on his server 😭
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

I have iptv with 2 different people. I asked one of them today about it and he reckon vpn won’t work on his server 😭

My guess as to what that means is that he can't make a VPN work with his service to protect himself from his ISP viewing his traffic, possibly meaning he'd have to shut the service down. 

What will still work though is individual customers can protect themselves and continue to gain access to streamers by using a VPN, those customers may have to use a foreign based streamer if all of the Irish lads have to hop out of the game. Big if

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 4:35pm
can it be picked up from tethering from your phone so?

Edited by LO SCIENZIATO - 16 Jul 2019 at 4:37pm
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Fitzinho Fitzinho wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

My guess as to what that means is that he can't make a VPN work with his service to protect himself from his ISP viewing his traffic, possibly meaning he'd have to shut the service down. 

What will still work though is individual customers can protect themselves and continue to gain access to streamers by using a VPN, those customers may have to use a foreign based streamer if all of the Irish lads have to hop out of the game. Big if

That actually makes sense, thanks 👍
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:18pm
My IPTV recently ran out so didn’t renew. Was a pain in the hole the way it would stop working every so often. I got sky at a decent rate through a deal from a friend and delighted to have it back. Was even thinking I’d just take the bullet and get the BT pack ahead of the new season.
But what is a real joke now is the amount of PPV. Even BT are putting their UFC on PPV.
And was just looking to see what time the dillian whyte fight is on this Saturday but couldn’t find Fight Night Live. Then I see it’s on sky box office. f**king ppv for a non title match featuring whyte as the star attraction.
It’s times like this where i miss the IPTV the most.

Edited by t_rAndy - 17 Jul 2019 at 9:19pm
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 9:17am
Isn't BT now getting included as part of the Sky package for free (similar to how you got BT if you had Eir sports previously). BT get Sky Atlantic and some other bits in return.

EDIT: Looked in to this, no details yet, it's coming August 1st but it looks like Sky will indeed be charging for BT, not the full whack but something

Picked up Amazon Prime for £60 on Monday, few Prem games, free shipping and whatnot and some decent telly made it an easy choice. I'm done faffing around with streams. 

Edited by Fitzinho - 18 Jul 2019 at 10:43am
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 10:20am
Got a Firestick for free off a friend. Haven't opened it yet but the internet at home is sh*te, max 2mb. Any point trying it? Presume it needs decent speed? Just want to get something to watch the matches on but think I'm screwed due to the speed? 
Some people just deserve a slap
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 12:56pm
Anyone else experiencing service throttling over the weekend when football was on using virgin media? Will need to big a router and a vpn by the look of it
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:01pm
No issues my end Tom, all games were available and that’s with VM broadband also. 

You might need to change IPTV provider, worth trying a VPN and seeing if it works. I was sure they would block for the United game yesterday but was flawless. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:25pm
watched a couple of games over the weekend and no issues at all. As Sono says maybe a change fof provider. I changed almost 2 years ago from a service that was repeatedly freezing and buffering to a provider being resold by my mate. Only had a few url changes to do in that time.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 7:03pm
Thanks for the feedback lads. I use a DNS proxy from time to time so must try it with or without that. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Thanks for the feedback lads. I use a DNS proxy from time to time so must try it with or without that. 
If you decide to change Tom, my mates a reseller and hel give you a free trial. Give me a shout if you do and ill put you in touch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
  Share Topic