You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iphone Screen Repair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iphone Screen Repair
    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 11:08am
Where is the best place to get a screen replacement for an iPhone in Dublin City Centre these days.

Its only a 5s so not worth sending it back to Apple for an official job.

Shouldn't be too expensive so don't think I'll risk doing it myself.

Cheers
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 11:44am
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

Where is the best place to get a screen replacement for an iPhone in Dublin City Centre these days.

Its only a 5s so not worth sending it back to Apple for an official job.

Shouldn't be too expensive so don't think I'll risk doing it myself.

Cheers
MobileCare in Stephens Green Shopping centre have done the job a few times for me. Next to Mothercare on the ground floor. Price depends on the model, 5s should be reasonable
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

MobileCare in Stephens Green Shopping centre have done the job a few times for me. Next to Mothercare on the ground floor. Price depends on the model, 5s should be reasonable

Thanks for that, will give them a go.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:31am
My iphone is 2 years old, its got to that stage where the battery runs down very quick and then when I charge it it goes up very quick. 
Pretty much have to keep it on the charge all day when i'm at my desk. 

Can you get batteries replaced on iphones? Would this be the answer?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

My iphone is 2 years old, its got to that stage where the battery runs down very quick and then when I charge it it goes up very quick. 

Do you keep all your apps open?
That seems unusual for a 2 year old phone.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:46am
I regularly close all my apps

Well 2 years 4 months old. 

I haven't much data left on it, would that be a factor. Regularly get a message telling me this so i delete photos and videos to clear it a bit
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 11:54am
That's a disk space issue, not a battery issue.

AFAIK the phones are designed to start failing so you spend $$$$ on a new one.

I had the same issue  recently, phone wouldn't retain battery charge, it was 3 years old and got it replaced (work phone).

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

They say that’s how marriage works too 

Edited by Baldrick - 12 Apr 2021 at 12:07pm
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Have heard it's not that expensive to replace the battery, especially if the phone is in good nick apart from the battery issue.

As HB said, it's how phones are designed these days though. Always notice it after a software update.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:37pm
Closing apps does nothing to help with battery on iOS, in fact it's the opposite. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 12:53pm
It’s €60 get a replacement battery fitted for an iPhone XR, you’re probably as well getting the charging point replaced as well when they’re doing it 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 1:04pm
There is a battery health check on the phone.

I have mine since last August. Battery health at 98%. 2 years is way too short a time for it to be draining like that.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

There is a battery health check on the phone.

I have mine since last August. Battery health at 98%. 2 years is way too short a time for it to be draining like that.
I’m at 91% but reckon it’s quite a bit lower, when the phone was brand new I was getting 48hrs from a charge now it’s on charge every night 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 1:40pm
Not sure if the North has the same service but there is a shop Cex that buys and sells 2nd hand phones They will do a full check on the phones and give you that info whether you sell it to them or not. Might be a good way to see what state the battery is in 

It would damage this forums' reputation
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 3:48pm

Yeah Apple came out recently and said that was designed to go that route, they claimed they close down the phone over time to help battery performance 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 4:21pm

I had the same issue  recently, phone wouldn't retain battery charge, it was 3 years old and got it replaced (work phone).

I have a Samsung (1 year old).   I had no memory left and was constantly having to delete photos and videos just to get by.  Eventually bought a 512GB memory card for it and the phone itself is 128GB so now fixed that.  Has had no effect on battery life however.  My phone is average enough for battery performance.  I use it a fair bit but reckon I would have to recharge by 11pm if I take it off charge at say 8am.

I was going to buy an iphone last year but was told the battery is designed to fail
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 4:55pm
Off charge at 8am and back on charge with some juice left in the tank at 11pm is good going in my opinion. I would put it on charge at night at between 30-40%. The phone itself pops a message up saying that it will charge at a slow rate knowing i need it for 7.30am. AI and all that.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Off charge at 8am and back on charge with some juice left in the tank at 11pm is good going in my opinion. I would put it on charge at night at between 30-40%. The phone itself pops a message up saying that it will charge at a slow rate knowing i need it for 7.30am. AI and all that.

Guf has a One Plus and he reckons he gets 2 full days out of his batteryShocked
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic