You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

International Rules Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 3:44pm
Still can't get past the use of generalisations can you RTID? Clown
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 1:40am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

this will thankfully be the end of it, terrible terrible game. They must have lost a serious whack hosting it this year.

If we're allowed use a round ball, they should be compensated by hitting us the same way they do in AFL IMO.

Kicking a round ball should be alot easier than mastering an oval ball so can't understand why the Aussies were so bad.

4 quarters, 2 with a round ball and 2 with the oval ball. That would even things up.

It's the way they kick it which is a completely different technique to us kicking a round ball. They kick it straight on instead of the way we'd kick a round ball usually with a side stance. It's not just the way they kick it which troubles them, it's the way it bounces and the striuggle they have catching it. Regardless of them being pros, we really have the bigger advantage in this game!

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 7:21pm
Decent start by Ireland, crowd a bit flat
kopkid View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kopkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:00pm
Good speech by brogan
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:08pm
Poor game really. in term of tonight and the concept as a whole. It had its day around the mid 00s when players when it was far more physical.
The ausies are far superior fitness wise and the Irish lads are far better with the round ball. Could be worth while to play a half with each kind of ball.
Bit of a novelty to play internationally. But that's about as far as it goes.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:21pm
Through the it was over all a good game . It's hard to get that happy medium with the physical side as we've seen in the past . As the lads said its one of those games its not for everyone. Hopefully it will revert to a two game series next year
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:27pm
Enjoyable game, aussies made subs at exactly right times and pretty much threw it away imo

Referee's where fkn shocking though
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:39pm
Enjoyable final quarter. Hope it's a two game series next year. Would have been interesting if there was a second game next week.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
An Tiobraideach View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote An Tiobraideach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:39pm
I thought we were gonna lose that match in the last quarter.
The Aussies were much stronger in the middle of the park,we played a defensive strategy and it nearly cost us.
His last fond wish had been fulfilled to lie in his native land,and the wild waves roll in peace again on the lonely Banna Strand.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Through the it was over all a good game . It's hard to get that happy medium with the physical side as we've seen in the past . As the lads said its one of those games its not for everyone. Hopefully it will revert to a two game series next year

They are meant to be playing a money spinner in America next year and a tie here too. Although, they were supposed to do that this year, the Australians actually travelled to America last week - probably thought they would be playing a game there and had it booked when something fell through.

I think the one off game works far better. Its a bit of a nonsense that you can lose a game by 30 points and come back and win the next one by 50 or 60 or the even worse scenario of a white wash. 
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 9:55pm
Yea they where ment to play a New York slection but the ozzies didn't think the pitch was good enough and refused to play at Gaelic park.

When you consider the distance travel by the teams for one game it does seem a bit made . I take you point on the aggregate score but it's always been a two or three game series until recently.

Personal I enjoy the game and look forward to it
CoffeeBean View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoffeeBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 10:18pm

Yea they where ment to play a New York slection but the ozzies didn't think the pitch was good enough and refused to play at Gaelic park.

When you consider the distance travel by the teams for one game it does seem a bit made . I take you point on the aggregate score but it's always been a two or three game series until recently.

I don't blame the convicts for not playing at Gaelic Park as it is a joke of a pitch. Went there once and couldn't believe the state of it, it is only 3/4 of a pitch ffs.
An Tiobraideach View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote An Tiobraideach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 11:09pm
The flames on Hill 16 was a nice idea I think-they looked the part.
His last fond wish had been fulfilled to lie in his native land,and the wild waves roll in peace again on the lonely Banna Strand.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2015 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by CoffeeBean CoffeeBean wrote:

I don't blame the convicts for not playing at Gaelic Park as it is a joke of a pitch. Went there once and couldn't believe the state of it, it is only 3/4 of a pitch ffs.

They refused to play at Gaelic park because it was artificial. The original game was planned for rocklands New Yorks new gaa centre but apparently there had been rain for a few days and the ozzies didn't fancy it !
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 12:38am
Originally posted by An Tiobraideach An Tiobraideach wrote:

Made it look like a few homeless lads were knacker drinking on the Hill round a fire.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 1:29am
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by An Tiobraideach An Tiobraideach wrote:

Made it look like a few homeless lads were knacker drinking on the Hill round a fire.

I missed the start of the match, is that not what happened? I thought maybe it was cheaper than going to coppers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic