You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Information about wills.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Information about wills.....
    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 10:58pm
How do wills work now.....are they like you see on the tv with a solicitor sitting at a table and all the family waiting to hear the outcome or are there different methods????plus what role does the executor of the will play and what powers do they have?..
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:01pm
Well it depends if you are talking about writing/making one or being a beneficiary.

An executor of a will is just somebody entrusted with ensuring your wishes are carried out. But normally the law takes care of that part when it comes to distribution of any estate or few bob.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Well it depends if you are talking about writing/making one or being a beneficiary.

An executor of a will is just somebody entrusted with ensuring your wishes are carried out. But normally the law takes care of that part when it comes to distribution of any estate or few bob.

Beneficiary of a will McG.so the executor just makes sure the beneficiaries got there few bob or whatever their due from the will.does the executor get to read out the will or get a copy of it?

Edited by JUICEBOMB - 08 Mar 2021 at 11:16pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:16pm
Haven’t found myself in that position yet thankfully but hollywood dramatic effect aside, I’m sure it’s something like that only way more boring and red tape and inheritance tax and sh*te.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:34pm
Only the executor gets a copy of the will. Beneficiaries are notified independently to be made aware of what they have been left. Access to the full will is only made available once probate completes.

There is no formal process for reading a will. That's just Hollywood stuff!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:37pm
So long as it isn't Lionel Hutz you'll be fine

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Only the executor gets a copy of the will. Beneficiaries are notified independently to be made aware of what they have been left. Access to the full will is only made available once probate completes.

So I’d imagine that a solicitor is normally the executor of a will?I mean if a family member is the executor and a beneficiary  could that not lead to problems?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:59pm
where there is a will there is a relative.   
AKA pedantic kunt
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Where there is lots of money there is a dispute.

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:31am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

So I’d imagine that a solicitor is normally the executor of a will?I mean if a family member is the executor and a beneficiary  could that not lead to problems?

There will be a solicitor alright but the executor is usually a family member or close friend and they can also be a beneficiary.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Where there is lots of money there is a dispute.

As newryrep is a man who hates an argument he plans to leave f**k all 😀
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 8:57am

There will be a solicitor alright but the executor is usually a family member or close friend and they can also be a beneficiary.

Does the executor have to disclose how the estate will be divided out between family members?

I mean how will a sibling know they got a fair share.

Edited by horsebox - 09 Mar 2021 at 8:57am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 9:23am
Wills are a waste of time when it comes down to it - the law will just take over. I would have everything singed over long before I passed as the people you want to leave everything to could potentially get screwed over.
Here we go again
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 9:31am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Does the executor have to disclose how the estate will be divided out between family members?

I mean how will a sibling know they got a fair share.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking....plus what’s the point of an executor when the solicitor can read out the will???

Also what happens if some members of a family are left more than others,would that not cause murder if it’s been disclosed to all the family members?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Wills are a waste of time when it comes down to it - the law will just take over. I would have everything singed over long before I passed as the people you want to leave everything to could potentially get screwed over.

I completely disagree. Ignore dividing up a multi million empire and there are some very basic things they cover off. I'm not married and me and the GF bought the house together. I have a will saying that if I die my interest in the house (and everything else) passes to her. If I was to die intestate then my interests pass to my estate who at this point would be my parents. I'm sure there have been cases out there where the parents didn't make life easy for the surviving partner so why not take the hassle out of it and have a will.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 9:35am

Yeah that’s what I was thinking....plus what’s the point of an executor when the solicitor can read out the will???

Also what happens if some members of a family are left more than others,would that not cause murder if it’s been disclosed to all the family members?

you can challenge a will
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 9:39am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

I completely disagree. Ignore dividing up a multi million empire and there are some very basic things they cover off. I'm not married and me and the GF bought the house together. I have a will saying that if I die my interest in the house (and everything else) passes to her. If I was to die intestate then my interests pass to my estate who at this point would be my parents. I'm sure there have been cases out there where the parents didn't make life easy for the surviving partner so why not take the hassle out of it and have a will.

And if your family decided to contest it they would have a case and your will would be null and void.

Common law wife would potentially cover off your GF there anyway but your will isn't worth pish if someone decides to contest.  
Here we go again
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 10:09am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

you can challenge a will

Going down a messy route there no?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic