You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIn Dun Laoighaire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Topic: In Dun Laoighaire
    Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 4:46am
Anyone ever gone out for a nite in this Kip ?
Jesus H. Christ what an experience. Ended up in some place called Lime across the road from some other dump called Scots Pub. Give me the Blacker or Old Skool Club Sarah anyday of teh week..these people ( natives) are seriously rough and inbred. First off I entered the establishment through a crowd of 19-20 year old mad things baitin' the sh*te outta each other outside ( mostly birds I must add). Second off I'm sittin' at the bar just chillin' as the people i were meeting were upstairs so I ordered a pint first. Then another bunch of lunatics started a brawl with themselves over god knows what. Then this bird comes up to the bar. Good lookin' bird mind but had a soverign punch mark on her cheek and asks the barman for a pint which he refused so she punched the barman!!! Poor little JS was sitting there taking all this in....lets go their for the YBIG Xmas partyConfused!!!
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 4:51am
serious jippos alright for a quality place JS
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 4:53am
Worked out there for a year. Absolute dive. Junkies all over the place
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 5:05am
Some cracker birds but wouldn't take the chance of going home with one in case u ended up in the Irish Sea or worse.. we actually had to watch each others back at all times cause of the amount of jippos... Massive brawl goin' on outside when leaving n the cops were over the otherside of the road just watchin' like this was an everyday occurance. Didn't get any hassle mind but if your lookin' for some this is the place to go

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 5:16am
used to collect my ex from work up there a couple of years ago..absolutely crawling with pie balls..
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 7:38am
you should of giving us a heads up JS for a warning as its near gouldy territory. Yes its an absolute kip. I dont go because its too dangerous. Every fair minded individual from the area would go to town or dalkey. If you thought worlds smallest nightclub lime was bad you should go round the corner to paps. Now thats a proper sh*t hole. I havnt been there in about 2 years now despite the fact all my mates go. Theres a club down the road from paps called bodega just above the 40 foot boozer thats ok but if you go there or anywhere just make sure you dont go the burger king or abrakastabra because thats when the real trouble start.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 8:03am
Originally posted by gouldinho gouldinho wrote:

you should of giving us a heads up JS for a warning as its near gouldy territory. Yes its an absolute kip. I dont go because its too dangerous. Every fair minded individual from the area would go to town or dalkey. If you thought worlds smallest nightclub lime was bad you should go round the corner to paps. Now thats a proper sh*t hole. I havnt been there in about 2 years now despite the fact all my mates go. Theres a club down the road from paps called bodega just above the 40 foot boozer thats ok but if you go there or anywhere just make sure you dont go the burger king or abrakastabra because thats when the real trouble start.
Yeh Papparazi was mentioned as another venue to go to but thankfully we didn't go there. Got a taxi straight home after that Lime place.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 8:10am

Jaysus........ bleedin pyschoville by the sound of it.....Ouch

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 8:13am
its like a refuge for people who get barred from everywhere else.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 8:31am
that pub above the gym (40 foot yeah) is a quality boozer, great views but smoking area is ruined cause full of hobos and junkies and zombies coming up to ye non-stop.

Paparazzis is an absolute pighole alright, was there years and years ago.

Shopping centre is quality though! did ye not see me Sharon, I was standin beside the ve-ge-hetables!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 8:39am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

that pub above the gym (40 foot yeah) is a quality boozer, great views but smoking area is ruined cause full of hobos and junkies and zombies coming up to ye non-stop.

Paparazzis is an absolute pighole alright, was there years and years ago.

Shopping centre is quality though! did ye not see me Sharon, I was standin beside the ve-ge-hetables!
You wanted to hold one of the school socials in Paparazzis Count if I recall back in the niteclub business days. Thankfully my better judgement prevailed.

As for Sharon and BurgessLOLLOL never get tired of that oneLOL was that where filming took place?
gouldinho View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 8:40am
yeah they have a methadone clinic down DL now, the place has gone seriously downhill since then and its full of roma gypsies begging as well. I think all the junkballs hang around the pier at night. The pubs in general down in DL are good, walters is a nice spot and my personal favourite Farrells. The nightclubs are just cack.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 8:41am

billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 1:37pm
I work out that neck of the woods and a lot of the lads n lassies are local. None of them drink in Dun Laoghaire, dalkey is where its at - quality spot.
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Worked out there for a year. Absolute dive. Junkies all over the place

yeah HM your a Tramp
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic