You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Immigration Policy in Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 31>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Georgia is listed as a safe country, they can claim asylum, but it's fairly unlikely they'll get it. 

But we don't enforce deportation orders.

So them arriving at all is as good as them being granted asylum.

Even in cases where we had an agreement from another country to take back people (188 in 2023) we sent back 3.

Makes a mockery of Ireland and it's because of things like that the far right is rising.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 5:32pm
That's just ridiculous ffs. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2024 at 6:13pm
Jaysus what a terrible performance from the justice minister there. 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 7:46am

Personally, I don't think it's just the "Rwanda effect" - there's alot more variables at play too with those coming in from uk imo. Interesting to see the government's take on it though
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:30am
Ok this shocked me. 4 in 5 people think immigration in general not just refugees is too high now. I personally would have just had an issue with the refugees not immigrants coming in legally to work. But you have to respect the will of the people. Something needs to change otherwise give it 2 elections the far right takes over. And by then Europe Will be far right led too.

Also the 2% voting too low are probably the nutjobs on here. 

Edited by eireland - 25 Apr 2024 at 8:31am
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:31am

Originally posted by Mush Cassidys Donkey Mush Cassidys Donkey wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

The problem from UK highlighted again:

Disclaimer: maybe I'm missing something in the figures BUT

6k in the first (almost) 4 months of the year, with a prediction of in excess of 20k this year based on the current trajectory. So, 0.4% of the current population. Indeed, the 6k is an 80% increase on 2023 (c.3.3k?).

I'm not sure of the approval rate for applications but even if it was the majority.. it doesn't seem to be the "hordes" one might be led to believe it is.
It's enough to fill over 30% of hotel rooms outside Dublin and create a tented city in Dublin which grows every week. When you have hundreds of thousands of Irish still living with their parents and many unable to buy or rent you can't take on these number's. When you have a humongous national debt you shouldn't burden yourself socially like this. 

and none of this is the fault of those refugees, its the fault of successive governments failing to deliver social and affordable homes. blaming refugees is a cop out 
I'm blaming the government for accepting so many refugees. I'm also blaming the many dishonest refugees coming from safe places or even countries like Georgia FFS. Tearing up passports etc, lying about their situations. Ruins it for the genuine refugees. 

But again that's our fault for being so Naive. Poland and eastern Europe do it right because they care about the social fabric of their countries and their people.

Have you ever been to Georgia? the oppression and poverty is genuinely pretty awful. Every human has the right to a better life no matter where you come from. You have been told multiple times, now go off and educate yourself on the tearing up of passports rhetoric. Amnesty International is a good start. How do you know people are lying about their situations? Derek Blighe and Ferg Power tell you that? Poland and many eastern bloc countries are very much right of centre so i wouldn't be using them as a barometer.  

Nobody has the 'right' to a 'better' life ffs. LOL 

The absolute irony of you telling somebody to educate themselves. 

well there's humanity f**ked so. You're well in with your right wing buddies in this group i can tell ya. 
Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:33am

6k in the first (almost) 4 months of the year, with a prediction of in excess of 20k this year based on the current trajectory. So, 0.4% of the current population. Indeed, the 6k is an 80% increase on 2023 (c.3.3k?).

I'm not sure of the approval rate for applications but even if it was the majority.. it doesn't seem to be the "hordes" one might be led to believe it is.
It's enough to fill over 30% of hotel rooms outside Dublin and create a tented city in Dublin which grows every week. When you have hundreds of thousands of Irish still living with their parents and many unable to buy or rent you can't take on these number's. When you have a humongous national debt you shouldn't burden yourself socially like this. 

and none of this is the fault of those refugees, its the fault of successive governments failing to deliver social and affordable homes. blaming refugees is a cop out 

They aren't refugees.

I should have stated refugees / immigrates. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:47am

Ok this shocked me. 4 in 5 people think immigration in general not just refugees is too high now. I personally would have just had an issue with the refugees not immigrants coming in legally to work. But you have to respect the will of the people. Something needs to change otherwise give it 2 elections the far right takes over. And by then Europe Will be far right led too.

f**king immigrant Doctors/nurses coming over here and saving lives! Get them out.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:59am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

f**king immigrant Doctors/nurses coming over here and saving lives! Get them out.
We're gonna need a hell of a lot more doctors/ nurses now with all these boys coming over getting the medical card. Have you seen an A&E recently? Disgraceful some of the carry on. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:43am

We're gonna need a hell of a lot more doctors/ nurses now with all these boys coming over getting the medical card. Have you seen an A&E recently? Disgraceful some of the carry on. 

I have frequented more hospitals than I would have liked over the past few years! Scary to think what shape the hospitals would be in without the ‘immigrants’.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 9:48am

I have frequented more hospitals than I would have liked over the past few years! Scary to think what shape the hospitals would be in without the ‘immigrants’.
If only our best in class weren't emigrating in their droves. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:02am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Georgia is listed as a safe country, they can claim asylum, but it's fairly unlikely they'll get it. 

Can they send over a couple of footballers? 

If they have infrastructure to put together a team capable of qualifying for the euros, I'd imagine most other things in the country must work pretty well...
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:13am

Let’s blame the Immigrants for our own emigrating.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 25 Apr 2024 at 10:14am
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:41am
You're so defensive on this subject. Reminds me of the far left. Clearly government to blame. Tell me how does Denmark's health care system function with a zero refugee policy?
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:42am

Let’s blame the Immigrants for our own emigrating.
This fella multiple times says he doesn't trust mainstream news yet puts up multiple links to newspaper articles i.e mainstream news. Confused
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 10:58am

You're so defensive on this subject. Reminds me of the far left. Clearly government to blame. Tell me how does Denmark's health care system function with a zero refugee policy?

Who’s defensive? I’m agreeing with you.

It’s always the immigrants fault.
CatalanCelt1 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatalanCelt1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 11:10am

I would say a lot of people don't notice the difference between terms immigration and refugees when it comes to these polls (unless explicitly said to them at the time of polling). Just view both terms interchangeably, especially in the current news environment.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2024 at 11:14am

I'm blaming the government for accepting so many refugees. I'm also blaming the many dishonest refugees coming from safe places or even countries like Georgia FFS. Tearing up passports etc, lying about their situations. Ruins it for the genuine refugees. 

But again that's our fault for being so Naive. Poland and eastern Europe do it right because they care about the social fabric of their countries and their people.

Have you ever been to Georgia? the oppression and poverty is genuinely pretty awful. Every human has the right to a better life no matter where you come from. You have been told multiple times, now go off and educate yourself on the tearing up of passports rhetoric. Amnesty International is a good start. How do you know people are lying about their situations? Derek Blighe and Ferg Power tell you that? Poland and many eastern bloc countries are very much right of centre so i wouldn't be using them as a barometer.  

Nobody has the 'right' to a 'better' life ffs. LOL 

The absolute irony of you telling somebody to educate themselves. 

well there's humanity f**ked so. You're well in with your right wing buddies in this group i can tell ya. 

By your logic I also have 'the right to a better life'.

Please explain how I go about getting one as it is my 'right'. Are there any legal or official channels for me to obtain my 'right' as is the case with the vast majority of other rights? 

Does a persons 'right to a better life' supercede the rights of individual countries to make decisions regarding their borders? Their welfare systems? 

Please, I'm extremely interested in how this fabled 'right to a better life' works in practice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 31>
  Share Topic