You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

" I'm Irish me"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: " I'm Irish me"
    Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:26am
Just heard that my cousin is coming over next weekend for trials for the Rep. of Ireland U-17 Girls team.
She had turned down trials for Engerland as all her life all she wanted to do was play for us, despite the fact
that she has spent all her life in the UK. Best of luck to her.Clap

Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:26am
fair fcuks to the girl !! let us know how she gets on
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:27am
Great stuff, a fine cailin
criostoir Óg View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote criostoir Óg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:29am
Wish her all the best pete Clap

Buíon dár slua
thar toinn do ráinig chughainn
Some have come
from a land beyond the wave
What happens on away trips, stays on away trips...except syphilis!
Bibi Baskin View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bibi Baskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:33am
+ 1
petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 6:09am
Originally posted by Críostóir Óg Críostóir Óg wrote:

Buíon dár slua
Some have come

Nicely put Có.

Thanks all ,will pass on all your best wishes, only one problem when she is doing trials over the whole weekend, I have to bring her Mother drinking.....do you think that the FAI will sub me TongueTongue
PaddyBourke2 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBourke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 6:47am
greenford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Críostóir Óg Críostóir Óg wrote:

Buíon dár slua
Some have come
 SOME??? Loads have come from that land beyond the wave!!!! Loads of munmmys and daddys left Ireland and went to the aforementioned land, had babies who grew up to sail back over the waves to play for the land that mammy and daddy left 20 years before. Nice story, gives you a very warm feeling.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 11:24am
Fantastic
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:04pm
The next Kevin Kilbane....but a woman!!!!
There are friendlier places to drink.
greenford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Donal Cullen Donal Cullen wrote:

The next Kevin Kilbane....but a woman!!!!
  The next Paul McGrath born in Ealing, West London!
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:56pm
give here our best mate - whether she becomes the next Maradonna or doesn't make the grade, her spirit is what we all share and cannot be bought, doesn't have a price but is the essence of what makes us proud.

My kids were born in USA and Ingurrrrrland (like me) and I honestly told them to support who they wanted, but was pleased as punch - and re-instated their pocket money - when they made it very clear they were Irish
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

give here our best mate - whether she becomes the next Maradonna or doesn't make the grade, her spirit is what we all share and cannot be bought, doesn't have a price but is the essence of what makes us proud.

My kids were born in USA and Ingurrrrrland (like me) and I honestly told them to support who they wanted, but was pleased as punch - and re-instated their pocket money - when they made it very clear they were Irish

Good man  Darren, thats the spiritThumbs%20Up
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2010 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 5:30am
She did well over the weekend, she was a bit slow because she hasn't trained for a month,  Kinger was talking to her mother afterwards, they where happy with her, so I think that she may be called back for more trials, so fingers crossed lads. Thumbs%20Up

Edited by petej1963 - 20 Jul 2010 at 9:49am
magnumpi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnumpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 9:03am
she must be from Leeds, with the whole 'referring to the subject of the sentence twice' accent.

great to see!! best of luck!
Donal Cullen View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donal Cullen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 6:59pm
Yeah good luck to her!
There are friendlier places to drink.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic