You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

if you voted Fine Gael or Labour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Poll Question: in the last General Election would you still vote for them now?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [42.55%]
25 [53.19%]
2 [4.26%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhackoJacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 1:16am
Originally posted by harry harry wrote:

Fcuk em all, all a shower of €unts

All I wanna say is that no-one really cares about us
Shamon.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by Smartalex Smartalex wrote:

the shinners live in a fantasy world where all you have to do is tax the rich more and everything will be hunky dory

it doesnt and never will add up

Exactly my opinion on them.

Pearce Doherty speaks very well and it covers up the spoof of the Shinners. Whatever about the coalition at the moment, I cant imagine where our country would be in a decade if they got into power.

Lack of alternative is a big problem for me. I'd probably vote Shane Ross again and FF next election if it was tomorrow.

You call SF spoofers yet you will go and vote FF tomorrow. I don't even know where to begin....

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 9:52am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

the shinners live in a fantasy world where all you have to do is tax the rich more and everything will be hunky dory

Pearce Doherty speaks very well and it covers up the spoof of the Shinners. Whatever about the coalition at the moment, I cant imagine where our country would be in a decade if they got into power.

Lack of alternative is a big problem for me. I'd probably vote Shane Ross again and FF next election if it was tomorrow.

You call SF spoofers yet you will go and vote FF tomorrow. I don't even know where to begin....

Why should we vote Sinn Fein Horsebox?
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Shuffler, as is the case on any decent forum, we are both entitled to our opinions.
What I won't do though is justify mine by firing out a list of reasons or explanations to be picked through by others. I stand by what I have said in previous posts based on my opinion. I don't intend on slingin them out here however.

So just post spurious inaccurate tripe on a forum and hope that somebody will listen, but refuse to back up your point Confused

trapnoclue did the same in the ROI section until he got banned.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 9:54am
Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

Why should we vote Sinn Fein Horsebox?

I am not saying you should. What I am saying is that you should not vote in the people who got us into this mess in the first place.

Edited by horsebox - 07 Dec 2012 at 9:55am
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The lack of balls Noonan and co have shown in dealing with the EU swindlers should mean they would decimated at the next general election. FG and Labour have lied their way into power {I know most do, but it doesn't make it any easier to take}.

I would have been a Labour man for a long time, but the sight of Gilmore these day wants to make me puke! Does anybody else here fell the same way when they see his smug face?

Sinn Fein will soon be in a government. I don't know if I could vote for them, but the likes of Pearse Doherty and Mary Lou are exceptional public speakers, who the eejits in power would love to have on their side I reckon.
Might be another few years yet, could only see five of their current T.D's who be credible ministers. Doherty, McDonald, Peadar Tobin, Caoimhin O Caolain and Aengus Ó Snodaigh. Sinn Fein seem to keep the rest of their T.D's off televison debates etc so say they wouldn't be up to the public side of a minister's job e.g television appearances etc.
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 10:08am

I'm no flag waver for SF, but voting for these c*nts after what they have done to the country would be both treacherous and mind bogglingly stupid.
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Shebber View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 10:25am
FF left the country in such a mess that there was never going to be a popular government no matter who got in. I think it's ridiculous that people are venting their anger almost fully towards the government of today, when responsibility for all of these cuts and tax hikes still rests fully with Bertie Aherne, Brian cowen and Charlie McCreevey.

Don't really like any of them, but under this government, the ship is slowly being steadied. I also happen to think the sofftly softly catchy monkey approach to the EU and a potential deal is the correct one. When the eurozone as a whole gets out of the current crisis, we'll get a deal, in fact, the bank debt will be written off imo. One of the best things we can do is show how much different to Greece we are, be good little europeans, sort out the deficit, and come out of things stronger for it.

If we adopted the Greece approach, and showed huge unrest, we certainly wouldn't have any hope of attracting foreign direct investment. Showing maturity as a nation, meeting our targets, reducing the deficit, and being patient is the right approach. It's painful, but this all had to be done due to the ridiculous practices of the previous government, who made permanent spending arrangements based upon temporary funds (Stamp Duty). Those spending arrangements now need to be reigned back in, it hurts but has to be done.

If you have 200 million priests, and 5% of them are paedophiles, that's still only 10 million paedophiles!
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Shebber Shebber wrote:

Don't really like any of them, but under this government, the ship is slowly being steadied. I also happen to think the sofftly softly catchy monkey approach to the EU and a potential deal is the correct one. When the eurozone as a whole gets out of the current crisis, we'll get a deal, in fact, the bank debt will be written off imo. One of the best things we can do is show how much different to Greece we are, be good little europeans, sort out the deficit, and come out of things stronger for it.

If we adopted the Greece approach, and showed huge unrest, we certainly wouldn't have any hope of attracting foreign direct investment. Showing maturity as a nation, meeting our targets, reducing the deficit, and being patient is the right approach. It's painful, but this all had to be done due to the ridiculous practices of the previous government, who made permanent spending arrangements based upon temporary funds (Stamp Duty). Those spending arrangements now need to be reigned back in, it hurts but has to be done.

havent got much respect for the current crowd but you make a decent case for them there shebber Thumbs Up
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 10:55am
The events of recent days provides the best ever chance for Labour to become a serious player in irish politics. That may appear a ridiculous statement to make considering the budget.

But imagine the situation whereby the Labour party walk away from the coalition and spin the fact that they managed to keep the dole at its current rate and heap the blame on all the increases and cuts on FG saying they had to leave government because of lack of fairness in the budget. That policy would certainly placate the Labour grass roots and hit a chord with the left among FF and SF. It could a great chance to stuff the Blueshirts once and for all. To do this in 2013 would be a fitting tribute on the century of the lockout.

On a related topic has society changed all that much for the ordinary man between 2013 and 1913, it seems to me that the moneyed classed still rule the roost and the citizen is totally subserviant to his masters.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

On a related topic has society changed all that much for the ordinary man between 2013 and 1913, it seems to me that the moneyed classed still rule the roost and the citizen is totally subserviant to his masters.

it changed massively cabra but it has now regressed, access to credit was something that no worker had in 1913 , it was plentiful over certain periods since especially during the celtic tiger,  if it dries up altogether then you will see a massive fall in the standard of living. access to credit is more important than anything else apart from education and training in aiding upward mobility.

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 11:09am
People who would vote FF back in are as much to blame for the economic implosion and 
austerity that we now find ourselves in.Its also fair to argue that the same people have 
also had their pockets lined in silk by the same political gangsters that have the country ruined.
Jesus christ if you put your hand in a fire and got burned why in the hell would you put 
it in again in the hope it will be ok the second time round?
As for people talking about Government Policies being the reason they would or would not vote for 
a certain party is kack. How many policies has this current government reneged on?
The same amount as every other one is the answer,
We need a huge shake down in government in this country but seen as we are a nation of 
moaners who never complain we will be stuck in the mud until we all take an interest in our 
countries Future. The "f**K them all " attitude is cutting your own nose off to spite your face.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 11:12am
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

we are a nation of moaners who never complain

LOL you have a point LOL 

the thing is FG had the same policies as FF during the boom , they were trying to outdo FF with giveaways etc. then everyone voted them in as they were the only alternative
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 11:17am

In relation to that. A lot of the dead wood in FF have fallen by the wayside never to be seen again. Its a bit like not liking a football team because of the players they had 5 seasons prior.

Things change. Michael Martin is a good leader. I know the FF candidate in my costituency will never have been a TD before so comparing them to those of years past is pointless. And anyway it is very inportant to have a strong opposition party. If only we had one now it might have kept the current government on their toes not having such a huge majority.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 11:18am

If you vote them in don't moan if you don't get what you want. Think we need to strip the country down and start again. Bring in a government of technocrats and let them shape the country.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 11:23am

In relation to that. A lot of the dead wood in FF have fallen by the wayside never to be seen again. Its a bit like not liking a football team because of the players they had 5 seasons prior.

Things change. Michael Martin is a good leader. I know the FF candidate in my costituency will never have been a TD before so comparing them to those of years past is pointless. And anyway it is very inportant to have a strong opposition party. If only we had one now it might have kept the current government on their toes not having such a huge majority.

They are white collar criminals who fall under an umbrella of criminality and corruption.
If people vote these people back in then we get what we deserve.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 11:30am
Im absolutely disgusted that they failed cut to their wages,expenses will never truly be vouched,they shied away from the 3% USC on €100,000 + ,would that have anything to do with the fact that the decision makers would have been hit by this increase. Complete conflict of interests when Ministers are paid ridicolous salaries,hiding behind the same excuse about decreasing the incentive to work?! Wacko,nonsense and pure greed. This was as they say a "red line issue"!,this should have been the first port of call in any fair budget. 
These people are here to do a job for their country,this seems to have been forgotten in the last 20-30 years,not line their own pockets. They have taken no hit themselves,not even a symbolic one. Children,the disabled,mothers and low-middle income families were hit yet again and the only heckle that came on budget day was when the 10% deduction to the leaders allowance was declared. These people are completely out of kilter with the rest of the country. The gap between the wealthy and the poor is growing year on year and amazingly the government itself personifies this.
 Sinn Fein who proclaim to be different say that their td's only take the average industrial wage,which would lead you to believe that the excess goes back into the system?,no it goes into a party fund. Hence the chinese menu style leaflet McGuiness sent out during the presidential election.
The way I see it sadly is that there is absolutely no point in voting with the options that are currently there. The system is broken,the party politics culture is counter productive,how do we change it?,we need a new party,people who are not in it for the money,people who put their country first. I know sounds extremist and whatever but to think Irish people died so that Irish people could run our country,fast forward 100 years and now the establishment which came from those sacrifices need to be paid some of the highest wages in the country. As crazy as it sounds if you had a party that manifested itself from YBIG,i think that at the very least it would have the most important element that all the parties are missing and thats putting your country first!
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 11:33am
Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

As crazy as it sounds if you had a party that manifested itself from YBIG,i think that at the very least it would have the most important element that all the parties are missing and thats putting your country first!

sold , i'm in.
Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic