You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

if you voted Fine Gael or Labour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Poll Question: in the last General Election would you still vote for them now?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [42.55%]
25 [53.19%]
2 [4.26%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 11:34pm
mayojessie number 7
The main thing is not to panic
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'm not going into great depth, as I said I have lost interest in the last while in politics but I would have still listened to the major debates etc. along with reading the papers in and around election times to formulate my own opinion on things.
They try to curry favour by promising the sun moon and the stars to gather votes and I found it ridiculous. The Gerry Adams input into the presidential debate was particularly pathetic. He was spoofing the entire way thru the economic debates.
Just to clarify,I couldn't give a monkeys about any of the political parties.

I think it's you talking through your arse if you can't back up your opinion.

Your hatred for SF is clouding your judgement. Maybe you should listen to Pearse Doherty or Peadar Kearney...

Thank you for enlightening me on my hatred of Sinn Fein, I hadn't realised. What am I getting from santy do you know?
I've an opinion based on how I interpret information I see in front of me. Hatred, no. That's reserved for getting out of the cot in the mornings.

Every single party promises the electorate everything. No party in Ireland are based on a ideology. They're all centred around populism

Broken promises and self gratifying spoofing are 2 of the main reasons I no longer view politics in a good light.
But SF are, IMO, of course, by far and away the worst for telling people what they want to hear, despite the lack of a clear plan in many cases to account for expenditure. I dread the day they arrive into power, and it will happen too.
I won't be shouting I told you so, I will probably be too sickened by that stage at the state of the country.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 11:41pm

Sinn Fein my arse. They would cripple the country. How people fall in with their ideas/notions I do not know. They're economic policies are embarrassing. No wonder they're associated with robbing banks in the past, they're daft policies would have to be supplied with money from somewhere sure.
I've lost all faith in politics in this country unfortunately, and even saw an instance of it at local level yesterday to leave me in little doubt.

Makes a nice change from the banks robbing us dont ye think?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Sinn Fein my arse. They would cripple the country. How people fall in with their ideas/notions I do not know. They're economic policies are embarrassing. No wonder they're associated with robbing banks in the past, they're daft policies would have to be supplied with money from somewhere sure.
I've lost all faith in politics in this country unfortunately, and even saw an instance of it at local level yesterday to leave me in little doubt.

Is either ok?

Not in a normal country.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 11:47pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Is either ok?

Not in a normal country.

I would like to see the death penalty for Fingleton and his ilk. What would you think about this policy?

Also would you be in favour of slave labour camps being set up in the wilds of connemara and send all the politicians there and make them break rocks with pickaxes for the rest of their lives?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 11:50pm
I always voted FF but went for FG after the mess they left this country in. As it stands I would vote for them again. As for SF, not a hope in hell would I vote for them.Clueless idiots
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 11:51pm
What policies do you find embarrassing? Bringing in a third band of tax for the wealthy? Something that prof Brian Lucey actually said himself on the frontline. You might find their polices embarrassing but at least they are progressive rather then regressive.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 11:52pm
Don't really know where your going with this to be honest. Do you?
It appears you feel I want politicians punished, I couldn't give a toss about them. But doing them harm, no I'm not insane.
People make mistakes, theirs have just been costly, to many.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 11:55pm
Shuffler, as is the case on any decent forum, we are both entitled to our opinions.
What I won't do though is justify mine by firing out a list of reasons or explanations to be picked through by others. I stand by what I have said in previous posts based on my opinion. I don't intend on slingin them out here however.

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 11:59pm

Shuffler, as is the case on any decent forum, we are both entitled to our opinions.
What I won't do though is justify mine by firing out a list of reasons or explanations to be picked through by others. I stand by what I have said in previous posts based on my opinion. I don't intend on slingin them out here however.

Fair enough!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:01am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Fair enough!

A peaceful note to conclude on
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:06am
How about a YBIG political party? 
Ahh heya!
gazelle. View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazelle. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:18am
I'd be inclined to vote SF simply based on the fact that they're the only major party that hasn't f**ked up in government yet. They deserve a chance more than any of the rest who have already proven they are full of sh*te.
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

What are the alternatives?

Fianna Fail: Low taxes, increased social welfare, shoddy justice system and inevitable near bankruptcy.

Sinn Fein: Huge social welfare (remember they wanted unemployed welfare to be €300 a week in the Celtic tiger days), decreased taxes (according to them) and inevitable bankruptcy

ULA: The country would be bankrupt in 5 minutes.

We need a true centre right party in Ireland.
Cant argue with any of that... 

For once
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:29am
The lack of balls Noonan and co have shown in dealing with the EU swindlers should mean they would decimated at the next general election. FG and Labour have lied their way into power {I know most do, but it doesn't make it any easier to take}.

I would have been a Labour man for a long time, but the sight of Gilmore these day wants to make me puke! Does anybody else here fell the same way when they see his smug face?

Sinn Fein will soon be in a government. I don't know if I could vote for them, but the likes of Pearse Doherty and Mary Lou are exceptional public speakers, who the eejits in power would love to have on their side I reckon.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:32am
All complete liars and bluffers. Time to appoint Q man as head of ybig to steer this ship home.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The lack of balls Noonan and co have shown in dealing with the EU swindlers should mean they would decimated at the next general election. FG and Labour have lied their way into power {I know most do, but it doesn't make it any easier to take}.

I would have been a Labour man for a long time, but the sight of Gilmore these day wants to make me puke! Does anybody else here fell the same way when they see his smug face?

Sinn Fein will soon be in a government. I don't know if I could vote for them, but the likes of Pearse Doherty and Mary Lou are exceptional public speakers, who the eejits in power would love to have on their side I reckon.

1 yep defo, terrible wooden leader, get pat rabbitte back ffs
2 cannot stand the sound of that womans voice

harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:48am
Fcuk em all, all a shower of €unts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic