You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ideas for improving atmosphere for Poland game.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ideas for improving atmosphere for Poland game.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

tanked up middle aged men 

god bless us all , every one LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 8:27pm
Green Dodger has a point though!

Not saying we should turn ourselves into Ultra's but you would rarely see kids in with the hard-core of any club/nations of fans.

Can't help but think how positive a move to the North stand would be.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 10:21pm

Too many kids, parents and snobs in the stadium has a big impact. Look at Celtic Park for the Scotland game, full of tanked up middle aged men that could get it rocking

This is basically it if you want to improve the atmosphere tbh. All the club fans coming together and getting pished like they do every Saturday at the football but all backing the national team. I couldn't believe the reaction of Ireland fans after CP. I don't know why you expected it to be friendly inside the ground, I absolutely hated your football team for that 90 minutes they were playing mine the same way id hate any team playing Arbroath on a Saturday. Even when I went to Hampden as a kid with my dad and all his mates they were all blootered.

Family sections, what are they?

daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 12:25am
a giant tri colour for the entire south stand upper and lower.. would eb the balls
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 8:41am
Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

a giant tri colour for the entire south stand upper and lower.. would eb the balls
I presume someone's looked into the giant card flags at some point?

If we could get enough publicity that it's happening it could encourage people to get in their seats early. If  a regular supplier could be found, you'd just have to organize it once, then lay it out before each game.  Maybe start small with the South lower?

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

I presume someone's looked into the giant card flags at some point?

If we could get enough publicity that it's happening it could encourage people to get in their seats early. If  a regular supplier could be found, you'd just have to organize it once, then lay it out before each game.  Maybe start small with the South lower?

these would look amazing but time frame would be the obstacle here i think. 
if the whole ground got involved with the singing, following the lead from the ss, that would be a major improvement.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 11:43am
That used to look great in the old Lansdowne

Lukaszsz182 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lukaszsz182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 2:40pm
It looks really great, but I'm afraid the half of the stadium will be white & red, so it won't work for you. :)
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by 1320Lichtie 1320Lichtie wrote:

Too many kids, parents and snobs in the stadium has a big impact. Look at Celtic Park for the Scotland game, full of tanked up middle aged men that could get it rocking

This is basically it if you want to improve the atmosphere tbh. All the club fans coming together and getting pished like they do every Saturday at the football but all backing the national team. I couldn't believe the reaction of Ireland fans after CP. I don't know why you expected it to be friendly inside the ground, I absolutely hated your football team for that 90 minutes they were playing mine the same way id hate any team playing Arbroath on a Saturday. Even when I went to Hampden as a kid with my dad and all his mates they were all blootered.

We used to be able to do it in the old Landsdowne Lichtie and thats without the whole stadium going to football every week. See where you are coming from though. We have always had a brilliant and bladdered away following but our home support is sedate. Terrible results for a long period of time and a distinct lack of goals or excitement has not helped the cause.

Beat Scotland and/or Poland and all of a sudden that will change. I refuse to blame the ground. 

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

We used to be able to do it in the old Landsdowne Lichtie and thats without the whole stadium going to football every week. See where you are coming from though. We have always had a brilliant and bladdered away following but our home support is sedate. Terrible results for a long period of time and a distinct lack of goals or excitement has not helped the cause.

Beat Scotland and/or Poland and all of a sudden that will change. I refuse to blame the ground. 

don't think our away support is (pardon the pun) anything to shout about TBH, if the game was played in the pub the support would be great but don't think we transport it to the ground (last minute winners/equalizer excluded)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 7:49pm
Surely the 1st thing we need to change is the entrance music as teams are coming out. The rugby use shipping up to Boston for there entrance music and it works while. Need something upbeat get the crowd on there feet from the start. Be unreal see team going out to something like enter sandman and whole stadium on there feet to it
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
1320Lichtie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1320Lichtie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Away fans for us are much more friendly, we are only arseholes for 90 minutes at the home games to try and make it a bit more hostile

I didn't think the atmosphere at CP against you was great tbh. Think everyone was far to tense as it was such a huge game. The atmosphere at our game in 07 v Italy will never be beaten for me.

I don't know if you've been to Poland already (?) but the atmosphere there was incredible too, they only had 2 songs but I was sh*teing myself when they were chanting. Very intimidating stuff.

Germany away was like Old Trafford when I went. Most of the German fans were families who only got excited when one of their superstars done something amazing.

Sadly I can't make Ireland. Hope it is a good atmosphere and occasion though. I'll be in a Dundee pub watching it
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 6:15pm
Just a question on flares lads.
Who get the fine if the polish fans have them in their designated away section? Is it the polish fa or the fai?
captkeen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 7:11pm
F a,
Live Long and Prosper.
captkeen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 7:12pm
Fai, in theory they should be searched and flares taken off them before they go in.
Live Long and Prosper.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Surely the 1st thing we need to change is the entrance music as teams are coming out. The rugby use shipping up to Boston for there entrance music and it works while. Need something upbeat get the crowd on there feet from the start. Be unreal see team going out to something like enter sandman and whole stadium on there feet to it

Anything, anything is better than that f**king Space Odyssey music Angry
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
RKeane View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKeane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 8:31pm
Too many snobs in the stadium that sit and clap when we score 
YESSSS! IT'S THERE
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 8:48pm
The poles will have flares and smoke bombs so there will be a fine regardless so we should get a few ourselves to f**k
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic