You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ideas for improving atmosphere for Poland game.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ideas for improving atmosphere for Poland game.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by GREENISLE GREENISLE wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

No point bringing the debate of where the ss should be for the upcoming games. We will be in the south stand and up to us to do everything we can to create an atmosphere from there.

Agree we should try get the sponsors on board to help do this. Some may think the flags are cringey but they help with the atmosphere. Anyone that was in Vienna will remember what it was like when teams came out and every home fan had flags to wave similar happened in Germany

It's not the SS where we need to improve, they never stop, it's the rest of the stadium that needs to perk up.....

Completely agree... However I think if they were in the north stand they would get heard better which is what they deserve

And yes the home fans atmosphere tends to be muck in the rest of the ground.

Edited by OohAah... - 17 Feb 2015 at 2:37pm
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 3:25pm
Goals , that's what would lift the lot of us or that come back v Russia that just fell short .
You want Rock and roll then give the ball to Robbie Cool
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 3:42pm
Flags could work, wouldn't be overly keen on them but definitely better than A3 cards being held up.
All they result in once the game starts is people being distracted by the paper planes that are made from them.
The ones for the playoff against France were ok
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Goals , that's what would lift the lot of us or that come back v Russia that just fell short .

You want Rock and roll then give the ball to Robbie Cool

Exactly, what happens on the pitch will get the crowd going.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 3:57pm
I was at the rugby at the weekend, definitely not an atmosphere to aspire to
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 6:12pm
Have we got many crowd covers lads was thinking could be an idea to get 1 (if was enough interest could chip in via PayPal) what size we be talking I've prices from flag man from last order we had with him. He can do ones 10x20 and 20x20 what size would we be thinking
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
GREENISLE View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GREENISLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 6:15pm

Have we got many crowd covers lads was thinking could be an idea to get 1 (if was enough interest could chip in via PayPal) what size we be talking I've prices from flag man from last order we had with him. He can do ones 10x20 and 20x20 what size would we be thinking

I would be willing to contribute to this.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Numerous little things that could be done. gufct mentioned about removing all the ads. Agreed however will not be done because if anything might take so much as 1 cent out of our glorious leader's pocket then it will not happen.

I think the "ladies & gentlmen" guy  needs to be silenced apart from important things like team announcement.

At the Scotland game in Glasgow I was humbled by the half time atmosphere when they were singing "Loch Lomond". If we had something like that it would be amazing, however it would get in the way of ads and the "ladies & Gentlemen" dude so will never happen.

But generally I just think our fans are terrible. My seat is in the upper west stand and I am surrounded by people who arrive 10 minutes after kick off, and leave 5 mins before half time to beat the queue for a bottle of coke and chips. Then arrive 10 mins into second half and are gone again by the 85th minute.
"ladies & gentlemen" guy!LOLLOLLOL So true!
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 7:40pm
The north stand will always be the away end. If away fans were moved elsewhere there would have to be an empty neutral zone between them and the home fans, it makes sense to house them in the north stand for maximum capacity and it makes sense for policing and stewarding
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 12:08am
A few green smoke bombs from the joke shop Thumbs Up
Ahh heya!
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 2:19am
Can buy them online, not too pricey either. Wonder if they're any good. http://ultras-europe.com/en/smoke-bombs/24-swieca-dymna-biala-.html
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 10:31am
Originally posted by GREENISLE GREENISLE wrote:

I would be willing to contribute to this.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Yep me too!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 5:30pm
Go for it lads
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 6:07pm
Too many kids, parents and snobs in the stadium has a big impact. Look at Celtic Park for the Scotland game, full of tanked up middle aged men that could get it rocking
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 6:10pm
Too many kids, parents and snobs Embarrassed

Edited by Just saying like - 18 Feb 2015 at 6:11pm
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Too many kids, parents and snobs in the stadium has a big impact. Look at Celtic Park for the Scotland game, full of tanked up middle aged men that could get it rocking

an element of truth to that but the magic ingredient in CP was the stadium PA - just look at half time and them belting out Loch Lomond and 500 miles. 

Our half-times are a series of ads and promotions. The FAI's grubby demands for cash are the major source of the sh*te atmosphere 
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

an element of truth to that but the magic ingredient in CP was the stadium PA - just look at half time and them belting out Loch Lomond and 500 miles.ย 

Our half-times are a series of ads and promotions. The FAI's grubby demands for cash are the major source of the sh*te atmosphereย 

Very true unfortunately. No matter what PA gets the gig he is given a timetable with blocks of 2-3 minutes in which to fit music . At the last friendly pre euro 2012 the rocky road had to be played a ridiculous amount of times . These were instructions to suit sponsors .

We have put huge effort in with the FAI to secure the hoardings above the SS for banners but have come up against a brick wall . Small measures which could make a big difference to the atmosphere. That's why I'm not bothering with Lansdowne anymore.... the idealists will say sure it's the team we support not the FAI . Unfortunately it's the FAI who continue to put obstacles up for us in giving the team the best of support so they won't get another cent off of me.

Edited by BabbsBalls - 19 Feb 2015 at 12:00am
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2015 at 12:13am

ffs brilliant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic