Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ian Lawlor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

In terms of Lawlor think he is a few years off being our in our squad* much less being number 1
*barring injuries

Randolph
Eliot
Henderson
Forde
Given
Rogers
ahead of him imo 

Rogers? Is that a joke?

Nope playing week in week out current u21 keeper

Predicted Rogers would get a call up in January Clap
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 3:33pm

In terms of Lawlor think he is a few years off being our in our squad* much less being number 1
*barring injuries

Randolph
Eliot
Henderson
Forde
Given
Rogers
ahead of him imo 

Rogers? Is that a joke?

good call
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 8:54am

*barring injuries

Randolph
Eliot
Henderson
Forde
Given
Rogers
ahead of him imo 

Rogers? Is that a joke?

good call

tbf I think you probably thought I was talking about Gary Rogers...but of course even he got called up ahead of Lawlor LOL
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 9:17am
Whats happened to Ian Lawlor this season. A quick look at their EDS team shows he hasnt even made the bench for any of their games this season. Is he on loan somewhere ??  Wiki says he returned to City in June 2016 from his loan spell at Bury

Edited by schillaci - 26 Sep 2016 at 9:18am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 9:38am
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

Whats happened to Ian Lawlor this season. A quick look at their EDS team shows he hasnt even made the bench for any of their games this season. Is he on loan somewhere ??  Wiki says he returned to City in June 2016 from his loan spell at Bury

He's injured afaik
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 1:06pm
Yeah, injured, which is a shame. He went on the pre-season tour along with Angus Gunn, another young GK. Gunn has now firmly established himself as the No 3 keeper, Ian wasn't included in the squad photo the other day, so he'd be best to get himself out on loan or permanently again when he returns from injury.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 1:24pm

*barring injuries

Randolph
Eliot
Henderson
Forde
Given
Rogers
ahead of him imo 

Rogers? Is that a joke?

With all due respect you named 6 goalkeepers in an area where we aren't overly strong in, basing your views of Rogers on Football Manager ffs 

Hardly "calling it" in all fairness 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

*barring injuries

Randolph
Eliot
Henderson
Forde
Given
Rogers
ahead of him imo 

Rogers? Is that a joke?

With all due respect you named 6 goalkeepers in an area where we aren't overly strong in, basing your views of Rogers on Football Manager ffs 

Hardly "calling it" in all fairness 

I based it on the fact he was ahead of Lawlor in U21 setup...which was more likely due to injury my Football Manager experience has nothing to do with it...if my football manager view was swaying it I'd have him nowhere near the team as he moans when he was left out of my World Cup squad despite him carrying an injury and then decided to accept a call up to USA!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 1:52pm
You stated you rarely saw him play though LOL

It wasn't like you plucked for Daryl Horgan to be called up to the Irish squad 3 years ago?  (I realize he didn't make the squad yet) 

We are weak in depth in the goalkeeping department, Rogers had a good season at Falkirk last year and with Given retiring and Forde playing League 2 now to say he was never far off from making a squad would be silly. 

The sad reality of our playing pool is that if a chap is scoring regularly in League 1 he could be called up or at least make a provisional squad Cry
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 2:17pm

It wasn't like you plucked for Daryl Horgan to be called up to the Irish squad 3 years ago?  (I realize he didn't make the squad yet) 

We are weak in depth in the goalkeeping department, Rogers had a good season at Falkirk last year and with Given retiring and Forde playing League 2 now to say he was never far off from making a squad would be silly. 

The sad reality of our playing pool is that if a chap is scoring regularly in League 1 he could be called up or at least make a provisional squad Cry

I said I haven't seen much of him bar u21 games  Wink and FM

who from League 1 made the squad?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 2:25pm

I said I haven't seen much of him bar u21 games  Wink and FM

who from League 1 made the squad?

"If" not who Wink

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 9:45am
Called up to replace Westwood
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 1:53pm
Looks set to move away on loan again this window.

Huge wide range of clubs after him - Doncaster, Bury, Bristol Rovers, Portsmouth, Chesterfield and Rotherham all interested

GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 9:52pm
Neil O'Riordan saying Lawlor is set to join Doncaster Rovers on a permanent deal
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 11:58am
Move to Doncaster confirmed. He's signed a 2 and a half year contract
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 12:22pm
I don't think that's the worst move. They look very likely to bounce straight back up to League One and they were in the Championship recently enough.
TheMightyQuinn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 7:01pm
wow. did we not have very high hopes for this guy?
he is now in league 2- turns 23 this year. From Man City (out on loan) to league 2. You'd think there would have been something in between.
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2017 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by TheMightyQuinn TheMightyQuinn wrote:

wow. did we not have very high hopes for this guy?
he is now in league 2- turns 23 this year. From Man City (out on loan) to league 2. You'd think there would have been something in between.

Eh it's a great move for him, he'll be playing permanent League 1 football from next season would years ahead of him.

Doncaster are 10 points ahead of the playoff places and have the biggest resources in the league, it only would take a spoofer to mess it up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic