Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ian Lawlor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 9:55pm
In terms of Lawlor think he is a few years off being our in our squad* much less being number 1
*barring injuries

Randolph
Eliot
Henderson
Forde
Given
Rogers
ahead of him imo 

Sponsored Links

Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Eliot was injured for playoffs, Ireland physio assessed him albeit he didn't come over to Ireland
#

True and Newcastle were down to the bare bones,remember  McClaren saying he would be wrapped in cotton wool,he did miss his own stag party to come for a friendly, maybe it was Turkey?

Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 10:37pm
if it is for  football reasons  it has to be   RANDOLPH   ELLIOT AND MARK BUNN who is the best ASTON VILLA player this season, 

but for sentimental future we have  GIVEN AND FORDE

FOR BACK UP IT COULD BE  WESTWOOD AND HENDERSON

AND FOR THE FUTURE LAWLOR 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 10:46pm
I know Villa are sh*te, but that Bunn comment takes the biscuit! He has played about three games!
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I know Villa are sh*te, but that Bunn comment takes the biscuit! He has played about three games!

Less games for him to be sh*te in! In fairness, their squad as a whole have been pox all season. He's probably done more positive in those 3 games than the rest of the team have managed all season!
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 11:53pm
There's a mountain of guys ahead of Lawlor at the moment, Randolph, Elliot, Given, Westwood, Bunn, Henderson, Lonergan, Murphy, Forde and maybe even Colin Doyle. One for the future for sure, but he won't be going to the Euros this time around.
We're decent enough..
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Henderson - Charlton struggling badly, agreed he's probably ahead of Lawlor in the pecking order but he's been around the camp and on the radar since the Czech friendly before Euro 2012 and hasn't done enough to be consistently involved

He was on the bench for the Bosnia payoff.
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Henderson - Charlton struggling badly, agreed he's probably ahead of Lawlor in the pecking order but he's been around the camp and on the radar since the Czech friendly before Euro 2012 and hasn't done enough to be consistently involved

He was on the bench for the Bosnia payoff.

Yes, hence why I said he's been around the camp, but that was his first involvement in god knows how long. He was only called upon after Elliot left to keep Newcastle happy. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:20am

Elliot - Favoured staying with Newcastle over travelling to be on the bench in the play off which didn't go down well with management, having a good run with Newcastle which will work in his favour but will be out as soon as Krul is fit.

Obviously a lot can happen between now and when Krul is back, but if Elliot keeps up his current form I would be amazed if Krul went straight back into the team. Krul is a good keeper but he was having a rubbish season in the lead up to his injury. Was one of the reasons Newcastle were down where they were. Not the only reason, or even the main reason, but his form was definitely part of the problem there. Elliot has been something of a revelation for Newcastle and long may it continue.

KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 11:06am
Bringing him as 3rd choice would be a good idea in my opinion. Lawlor is the future. Butland went as backup to Euro 2012 with England after playing only 20 odd league 2 games for Cheltenham and he's flying now. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 11:11am
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Bringing him as 3rd choice would be a good idea in my opinion. Lawlor is the future. Butland went as backup to Euro 2012 with England after playing only 20 odd league 2 games for Cheltenham and he's flying now. 
I hope Lawlor can kick better than Butland.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 1:39pm

In terms of Lawlor think he is a few years off being our in our squad* much less being number 1
*barring injuries

Randolph
Eliot
Henderson
Forde
Given
Rogers
ahead of him imo 

Rogers? Is that a joke?
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:52pm
Another clean sheet for Lawlor today. He's played 5 games for Bury (plus FA cup extra time and penalties Tongue ) and kept 4 clean sheets in the 5 games. Looks like a great move for him.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 11:22pm
Lawlor made the football league team of the week today. Best keeper in three divisions in the last round of games http://www.bury.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=561428
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 12:19am
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Lawlor made the football league team of the week today. Best keeper in three divisions in the last round of games http://www.bury.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=561428

We really need to push this kid to be our no1. after the Euros.

Given will be gone, push out Forde since he'll be 37 and still playing league one ball.

That leaves Randolph, Elliot and Westwood.

Pending their club situations, id chop one of them to have him in the squads.

If he can get another loan move to a Championship club next season and kick pn he could be in with a shout.

We need someone we can depend on for 10-15yrs again.

Edited by valo88 - 27 Jan 2016 at 12:20am
shanejcos View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanejcos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 4:32pm
Caught up with Ian during the week

Edited by shanejcos - 31 Jan 2016 at 5:11pm
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2016 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

*barring injuries

Randolph
Eliot
Henderson
Forde
Given
Rogers
ahead of him imo 

Rogers? Is that a joke?

Nope playing week in week out current u21 keeper
swhyte07 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swhyte07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 7:00pm
Conceded 6 today against Coventry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic