Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ian Lawlor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ian Lawlor
    Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 11:41pm
Sponsored Links

darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 12:47am
Some impressive young players in the u19 right now & this lad is 1 of them
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 10:12pm
Called up to the first team for the summer friendlies after tonights game according to his twitter

Buzzing to have made my u21 debut tonight in Germany and to be told after the game been called up to the senior squad dream come true 🍀🍀

Also with man city releasing costil pantilimon and needing to field home grown players in their champions league squads we might see ian lawlor making man city match day squads next season.

Edited by Doyler1993 - 24 May 2014 at 10:49pm
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2014 at 12:04am
Highly thought of at city alright, good to see him called up.
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 2:22pm
Yeah great news - would be brilliant if he started making their match day squads.

There's a fair bit of pressure on this young chap's shoulders already as there isn't too many young, highly rated Irish GKs floating around right now.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 2:24pm
Pantilimon has left the club, but i think a new goalkeeper will be bought this summer to replace him 
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2014 at 2:45pm
Great move, give him game time for one of the matches!
Surprised Ryan Meara hasnt been called up!
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 11:23pm
http://www.foreversports.com/sports/man-citys-rising-stars

Picks out 5 of citys most exciting players which includes two irish players Ian Lawlor and Jack Byrne

Ian Lawlor

Another young Irishman, Lawlor became City’s EDS first-choice goalkeeper after Erik Holmen Johansen was loaned out in January. The 19-year-old grabbed the opportunity with both hands. He made 28 appearances for the U21 outfit across all competitions last term as City went on to finish fourth in the U21 Premier League.

His form saw him make his debut for the Ireland U21 side in May. After full time he was told Martin O’Neill had included him in the Irish national senior squad for their mini tour of the USA in June.

He was back in the States a month later as a member of City’s pre-season tour – more evidence of the big impression the teenager is making both at club and international level. Lawlor will be hoping to nail down the number one spot in City's U21 team this season. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 10:57pm
Just signed a new contract with man city. Would like to see him go out on loan and see how good he really is as i think he could have a big future ahead of him
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2014 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Just signed a new contract with man city. Would like to see him go out on loan and see how good he really is as i think he could have a big future ahead of him

If he could even get a loan move to a League 2 club and play consistently for a good run of games, he would be worth bringing into a squad for a friendly game IMO.

This is a different case to that of Jack Grealish last season when he was plying his trade at Notts County, as we have an abundance of midfielders.

Goalkeeping situation not so much.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 12:36am
Whats happened to Ian Lawlor ? I dont think he has played or even been in the squad for Man City's U-19 team for months (since beginning of October). I've checked their fixtures and I think Fulham on Oct 5 was his last game

Is he injured or dropped ?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 12:44am
Is he not too old for u19?  He was with the u21 last year but has been with the first team this season for their champions league games so im assuming he is travelling with them for their league games as well as third choice keeper.  
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 1:19am

Is he not too old for u19?  He was with the u21 last year but has been with the first team this season for their champions league games so im assuming he is travelling with them for their league games as well as third choice keeper.  

I dunno. Lawlor turned 20 at the end of October. But at least two other City players (George Evans and Jordy Hiwula) are also 20 and played for the Under 19s last week. Indeed Hiwula is a month older than Lawlor.

He just seems to have disappeared.
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

I dunno. Lawlor turned 20 at the end of October. But at least two other City players (George Evans and Jordy Hiwula) are also 20 and played for the Under 19s last week. Indeed Hiwula is a month older than Lawlor.

He just seems to have disappeared.

He played for City U-19s in their game on Feb 2nd. That was his first game in 4 months. 
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 3:07pm
Any update on this lad? Can't see details of his injury. He was named in the provisional Under 21 squad for Ireland recently but didn't make the final cut. 
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 2:01pm
Has signed for Barnet on loan and made his professional debut yesterday in their game vs Yeovil. 
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 5:48pm
Signed for Bury on loan until the end of the season and gone straight into their squad for the FA Cup game against Bradford on Saturday. He's moved up a division less than a month after his debut. Fair play Ian. If they manage a cup run, it could be a massive boost for his career.  
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 5:57pm
we need our youngsters  playing  we cant have them frozen out on the bench or not even on the bench,..man  dont want bench warmers no more,...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic