You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Might Be Going After All

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

People regularly missing games due to weddings Thumbs Down

Agreed Baldy........poor show

Can't help if people actually want me to be best man and at their wedding SH. You never have that problem though :) 

Would refuse though for the finals. 

I have actually been Best Man three times, and also "gave away" my sister at her wedding, standing in for my late father. Most importantly, I have also been the GROOM ,a position you seem very unlikely to attain Wink
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 3:56pm

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

realistically you'll make it to belfast by 10am or not long after.
obviously there's a chance the flight will be delayed but once your out of Gdansk by 6am you'll be grand.
I'd be shocked if your mate didn't encourage you to go although he mustn't be a football fan if he's getting married in middle of euro's

In fairness, the date could have been fixed two years ago. I wouldn't blame the mate at all.

And OP, go to the game. First of all, though, make sure that it is okay with Carlsberg. You wouldn't want them to say you have to attend some publicity sh*te the day after the match, and you sure as hell wouldn't want them coming after you for the full cost of the trip for you not living up to your end of the bargain.

Of course you should. The euros were always going to be on in June of 2012. 

June July and August for Odd years and July and August for Even Years. 

Throw in december January if you fancy a winter wedding and that leavel you well covered for any international Ireland match. 

Ah yeah, but the date might have been fixed after the Russia home game, when, lets face it, only the most optimistic fans thought we had a chance.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:04pm

People regularly missing games due to weddings Thumbs Down

Agreed Baldy........poor show

Can't help if people actually want me to be best man and at their wedding SH. You never have that problem though :) 

Would refuse though for the finals. 

I have actually been Best Man three times, and also "gave away" my sister at her wedding, standing in for my late father. Most importantly, I have also been the GROOM ,a position you seem very unlikely to attain Wink

Sure anybody can settle Hornet. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:05pm

Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

realistically you'll make it to belfast by 10am or not long after.
obviously there's a chance the flight will be delayed but once your out of Gdansk by 6am you'll be grand.
I'd be shocked if your mate didn't encourage you to go although he mustn't be a football fan if he's getting married in middle of euro's

In fairness, the date could have been fixed two years ago. I wouldn't blame the mate at all.

And OP, go to the game. First of all, though, make sure that it is okay with Carlsberg. You wouldn't want them to say you have to attend some publicity sh*te the day after the match, and you sure as hell wouldn't want them coming after you for the full cost of the trip for you not living up to your end of the bargain.

Of course you should. The euros were always going to be on in June of 2012. 

June July and August for Odd years and July and August for Even Years. 

Throw in december January if you fancy a winter wedding and that leavel you well covered for any international Ireland match. 

Ah yeah, but the date might have been fixed after the Russia home game, when, lets face it, only the most optimistic fans thought we had a chance.

Irrelevant of Ireland qualifying people should not be having weddings during a major championship. 

July August  Dec and Jan, they are the valid months only. 
AKA pedantic kunt
hoobedoo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoobedoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:31pm
you should try and make it ger. Id be surprised a 2am flight would be dealyed given the weather should be perfect. ryanair usually good at getting in on time. Of all airlines they wouldnt want delays, time is money and all that. worst case is the plane being delayed by a couple of hours still would get you to dunlin by 6am. Check all planes trains and automobiles and see the last connection you cant get that lands you in belfast by 10am. Surely the wedding isnt that early anyway so your mate will hopefully be cool with you landing a bit later. chat to your mate and see what he thinks.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 4:46pm
Flight due in at 03:45. It takes (about) 20 minutes to get from landing to the bus stop, so even if the flight was an hour late, there'd be no issue. Bus at 05:20. Into Belfast at 07:25, in advance of the rush hour traffic. Even the 06:20 - 08:25 bus might work, although traffic into Belfast may be an issue at that hour of the morning (I speak from limited experience about 5 years ago). So, you don't even need to drive, assuming you are picking up the suit etc in Belfast. Sleep may be an issue, though.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 6:03pm
You didn't come here and post that up to be talked out of it, you know yourself what you want and what to doThumbs Up
RonnieB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 6:08pm
I'm missing a friends wedding for the croatia game.  Just go to the match. 
Not Metal Paul
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 7:11pm
God Ger you are a plank at times .
Think if it was your wedding what would you say to a lad who had just won a great trip to the Euro's ?
I remember last Thursday at the meeting when you asked who wasn't going to the Euro's and you were the only person in the room was until today wasn't going , trust me the look on your face said it all .
The only problem I can see is who are you going to take , I would say play safe and take the groom at least you know that they will not start without you both .
TAKE THE TRIP ......................
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 7:40pm
Ger go to the wedding the best advice on here

P.S just forward on the 2 tickets to the spain game to me LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 8:26pm
Jaysus Ger if my funeral was arranged for the day off the match i'd still find some way to be at the match Thumbs Up
Mafi Mushkila View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mafi Mushkila Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 8:51pm
Congratulations Clap If I was in your position I wouldn't think twice about going to the match. Anyone that plans a wedding during a major championship should expect that people will not make the wedding. Bad planning on their part Thumbs Down

Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 8:57pm
Was it on the "Road to the USA" or "the Charlton Years" where some couple were all dressed up in Dublin airport heading off to the US after canelling their wedding cause Irl had qualified?!

Agreed on here... odd years, summer is fine. Even years, wise up: mid July onwards. Bit OTT but got married in August myself and felt guilty that lads were waking up early cause of the 5 hour time difference to watch the first day of the Premier League!

Anyway, go to both. Overpay to get back for the wedding and you'll be grand. Would there not be a flight option from Gdansk to London to Belfast. Have a loyal mate meet you up there with all your bags?
GreenTribe View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

You didn't come here and post that up to be talked out of it, you know yourself what you want and what to doThumbs Up

Correct Nvidic Thumbs Up
Just go Ger Confused
Have you approached the groom yet with this news? It will give the groom something to talk about at the wedding anyway LOL
Maybe he is reading this thread LOL

And congratulations on the prize, where did ye enter it?
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:20pm
Guys don't give a sh*t who goes to the wedding it's only some girls who give a damn about that.

He won't even notice you are not there.
AKA pedantic kunt
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:23pm

Guys don't give a sh*t who goes to the wedding it's only some girls who give a damn about that.

Unless Ger is the priest......................

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 9:47pm

J
The stagg is more important for the lads, weddings are for the chicks.
Chips don't bounce
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2012 at 11:48pm
Max Power is missing his mates wedding for the Euros.
Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic