You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How would Ireland do in the U21 Euro's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How would Ireland do in the U21 Euro's
    Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 6:45am
I am looking at the U-21 Euros and must admit that i'm very envious of England having qualified for the tournament. I know we had an shocking qualification tournament but i look at the team that we could have sent providing that they all fit and wanted to play and i believe that we might not look too out of place.
Henderson
Clark                  Duffy
Nolan                                             Cunningham
Meyler                McCarthy        

Coleman                                            Tracey
Stokes              Rooney                                            
That line up would give a lot of counties playing the U-21  Euro's a good game. We could send 7 players that are already capped at senior level.      

Say nothing till you hear more
Sponsored Links

Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy O'Toole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 6:48am
would have done well if qualified i believe. Next time around im sure now that they are supposed to take it more seriously with the new set up. Lacking a real quality goalie though in my opinion.
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 7:06am
good shout, looks quite strong imo. considering most larger nations would not have capped many players under 21 then we will always be disadvantaged at that age group
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 7:08am
Well we can safely lie the blame with Don Givens why we didn't have a chance of being there, we'd a group we could definitely gotten out of. If we'd have got there the team above would have done alright I'd imagine, that's if they'd all turned up seeing as a few of them didn't for the senile team! There's some seriously good teams at this competition though, England Spain Switzerland and the Czechs all look quality, we'd have been lucky to qualify from the imo
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 7:12am
with the above team ,we would have been a match to most teams .pity don givens was on the scene,how the f**k does he get jobs in the FAI.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Well we can safely lie the blame with Don Givens why we didn't have a chance of being there, we'd a group we could definitely gotten out of. If we'd have got there the team above would have done alright I'd imagine, that's if they'd all turned up seeing as a few of them didn't for the senile team! There's some seriously good teams at this competition though, England Spain Switzerland and the Czechs all look quality, we'd have been lucky to qualify from the imo

Clap 

Still hard to believe this gimp is still employed by the FAI Angry
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 8:26am
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
They weren't even close to qualifying. We may as well hypothesise that if we had the team we played against Scotland away in 1987 available today that we could win the World Cup.
Some of those lads on that proposed team don't even show up for the senior team FFS.
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Pubes View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pubes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 8:29am
agre with the above comment, sure how many of those players have even played for the u21 team before? it would be a different story if that was the team throughout qualifers..but not even close. and the likes of stokes and mccarthy would be (too tired) for this competiton
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 9:04am
Stokes is too tired so should be removed from your team
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 9:07am
yeah, agree with bsm on this one, too many thinsg would have had to fall into place, the main one being qualifying which we ballsed up

Is good to see the strength of the underage lads though, bar injury and not giving a sht abotu playing for ireland
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 9:54am

When will they name the squad for the U-19's?

ericdogg View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 10:50am
Very unlikely we would have anywhere near a team like that if we had qualified. We didnt anyway! Unhappy
International Caps - 7

International Goals - 1
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 2:19pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but by not qualifying for the u21 championship finals we ballsed up qualifying for the olympics as well?

Would have been great to go and see an Ireland team play in the olympics on our door step.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 3:01pm
the definition of an idiot: Don Givens!!!
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 4:10pm
Don Givens is one lucky sob if you ask me to still have a job.   I think the FAI need to bring in foreign coaches at levels if any progress is to be made in Irish football. The English model of coaching does not work anymore and hasn't for a long time. 
They are all w**kers. john lydon.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 7:47am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Stokes is too tired so should be removed from your team

and from all other teams , forever
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
el2nz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el2nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

I am looking at the U-21 Euros and must admit that i'm very envious of England having qualified for the tournament. I know we had an shocking qualification tournament but i look at the team that we could have sent providing that they all fit and wanted to play and i believe that we might not look too out of place.
Henderson
Clark                  Duffy
Nolan                                             Cunningham
Meyler                McCarthy        

Coleman                                            Tracey
Stokes              Rooney                                            
That line up would give a lot of counties playing the U-21  Euro's a good game. We could send 7 players that are already capped at senior level.      

We'd be fairly injury ravaged at the minute though.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 9:29am
We'd have been smashed I think. Only Coleman and McCarthy have genuine top flight experience (Meyler to a lesser extent). Looking at most of the other nations, they have players who have played bagfulls of games in good European leagues. I think technically, we would have been bossed.

"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic