You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How will the world be different post Covid 19?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The number of members in gyms could go down
If people are outside running or exercising in their back gardens all summer they may realise that they don’t need a gym and save themselves 50 quid a month when this is all over 

A mate of mine always says paying gym membership and doing the Lotto are a tax on idiots.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:10am
All the companies that foooked over their staff should be named and shamed and be avoided when this is all over.

I’m sure with social media this will happen so some extent. Hopefully it really kicks off.

On another note, Budweiser which owns Corona beer and over 500 others, has lost billions in the stock market. 
Now all the companies have taken a hit but this has lost more than the rest. 

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 9:46am

A good read:

multi-billionaire Gates, 64 – who donated £85 million to combat the virus last month – believes that despite the chaos, there is ‘a spiritual purpose behind everything that happens’.

In an open letter, entitled ‘What is the Corona/ Covid-19 Virus Really Teaching us?’, he wrote:

‘A SPIRITUAL PURPOSE’

“I’m a strong believer that there is a spiritual purpose behind everything that happens, whether that is what we perceive as being good or being bad.

“As I meditate upon this, I want to share with you what I feel the Corona/ Covid-19 virus is really doing to us.

1) It is reminding us that we are all equal, regardless of our culture, religion, occupation, financial situation or how famous we are. This disease treats us all equally, perhaps we should too.

If you don’t believe me, just ask Tom Hanks.

2) It is reminding us that we are all connected and something that affects one person has an effect on another.

It is reminding us that the false borders that we have put up have little value as this virus does not need a passport.

It is reminding us, by oppressing us for a short time, of those in this world whose whole life is spent in oppression.

3) It is reminding us of how precious our health is and how we have moved to neglect it through eating nutrient poor manufactured food and drinking water that is contaminated with chemicals upon chemicals.

If we don’t look after our health, we will, of course, get sick.

4) It is reminding us of the shortness of life and of what is most important for us to do, which is to help each other, especially those who are old or sick.

Our purpose is not to buy toilet roll.

5) It is reminding us of how materialistic our society has become and how, when in times of difficulty, we remember that it’s the essentials that we need (food, water, medicine) as opposed to the luxuries that we sometimes unnecessarily give value to.

6) It is reminding us of how important our family and home life is and how much we have neglected this.

It is forcing us back into our houses so we can rebuild them into our home and to strengthen our family unit.

‘OUR TRUE WORK’

7) It is reminding us that our true work is not our job, that is what we do, not what we were created to do.

Our true work is to look after each other, to protect each other and to be of benefit to one another.

8) It is reminding us to keep our egos in check.

It is reminding us that no matter how great we think we are or how great others think we are, a virus can bring our world to a standstill.

9) It is reminding us that the power of freewill is in our hands.

We can choose to cooperate and help each other, to share, to give, to help and to support each other or we can choose to be selfish, to hoard, to look after only our self.

Indeed, it is difficulties that bring out our true colours.

10) It is reminding us that we can be patient, or we can panic.

We can either understand that this type of situation has happened many times before in history and will pass, or we can panic and see it as the end of the world and, consequently, cause ourselves more harm than good.

11) It is reminding us that this can either be an end or a new beginning.

This can be a time of reflection and understanding, where we learn from our mistakes, or it can be the start of a cycle which will continue until we finally learn the lesson we are meant to.

12) It is reminding us that this Earth is sick.

It is reminding us that we need to look at the rate of deforestation just as urgently as we look at the speed at which toilet rolls are disappearing off of shelves. We are sick because our home is sick.

13) It is reminding us that after every difficulty, there is always ease.

Life is cyclical, and this is just a phase in this great cycle. We do not need to panic; this too shall pass.

14) Whereas many see the Corona/ Covid-19 virus as a great disaster, I prefer to see it as a *great corrector*

It is sent to remind us of the important lessons that we seem to have forgotten and it is up to us if we will learn them or not.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:06am
There's an awful lot of fake news about these days, this included. Still, the sentiments sound good

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:07am
I know he means well and has shown he has a conscience by using charidee to assuage his guilt, but that is sanctimonious bollocks. Even if he is 100% right, he is a computer programmer and a businessman, not Gandhi.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:08am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I know he means well and has shown he has a conscience by using charidee to assuage his guilt, but that is sanctimonious bollocks. Even if he is 100% right, he is a computer programmer and a businessman, not Gandhi.

He never said it

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:12am
We'll have a better idea of how selfish and ignorant we are as a nation when this is all over. Thats for sure.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He never said it

William, if you are reading, and I can only assume you are, I apologise from the very heart of my bottom.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:19pm
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 5:32pm
Thoughts on gambling? It's one thing I imagine a lot of people will go cold turkey on currently for obvious reasons. Do ya think a lot will get out of the habit, or people who were mildly addicted will take the break as a chance to quit for good?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 5:41pm
I was thinking that the other day
If people go a couple of months without a bet they might get out of the habit, realise they have a bit extra money in their bank account instead and not take it up again
On the other hand they might go buck mad when the bookies reopen when sport starts up again 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Thoughts on gambling? It's one thing I imagine a lot of people will go cold turkey on currently for obvious reasons. Do ya think a lot will get out of the habit, or people who were mildly addicted will take the break as a chance to quit for good?

No because that's when the Internet becomes a bad thing.

I bet the die hard addicts will be pissing their money away on the Belarusian Premier League and Australian Football right now.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

No because that's when the Internet becomes a bad thing.

I bet the die hard addicts will be pissing their money away on the Belarusian Premier League and Australian Football right now.
As opposed to betting on a football forum LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:11pm
what sport is there to bet on now apart from virtuals? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

what sport is there to bet on now apart from virtuals? 
Certainly not much I would have thought
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:15pm
The 2 I mentioned....
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The 2 I mentioned....
You just bet on the diehard addicts I presume LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 7:56pm
Table tennis seems to be the busiest sport to bet on on Bet365 at the minute 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic