You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How will the world be different post Covid 19?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 12:49pm
We were in the process of buying a house, it had just gone sale agreed to us last Friday. Going to put it on hold for a bit now if possible. Very uncertain 4 - 6 months upon us

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

We were in the process of buying a house, it had just gone sale agreed to us last Friday. Going to put it on hold for a bit now if possible. Very uncertain 4 - 6 months upon us
Ive a spare room if you’re stuck pal, two bunk beds though Thumbs UpThumbs Up
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2020 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Ive a spare room if you’re stuck pal, two bunk beds though Thumbs UpThumbs Up

LOL 

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 12:04pm
Just a thought about that Irish lad who is stuck in Peru.
I think he could have got a flight a few days ago but it would have cost about €3,500.
He said he could not afford that.
He has travel insurance.
But now there is no information and no flights. He is stuck.
Anyone here ever set off on a round the world trip.
How much do you have to have saved before you go?
How much instant cash do you have?
How much contingency money do you have on reserve?
He’s 28, I think he is with another person, so their parents probably aren’t that old (probably still working).
The point I’m trying to get at is that if he really wanted to get home he’d get the money somewhere and then pay it back when he gets home, or try to claim it through his travel insurance.
It is not a huge amount of money.
Their previously booked flights have been cancelled, will they get a refund?
I presume he wasn’t on the breadline before he set off and had a job before he went.
Another traveler is saying there is resentment from the locals about the Europeans bringing the virus to their country, which must be awful.
Another saying there is a curfew from 8pm to 5am....is that really a big deal?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

I think he could have got a flight a few days ago but it would have cost about €3,500.
He has travel insurance.
He’s 28, I think he is with another person, so their parents probably aren’t that old (probably still working).
The point I’m trying to get at is that if he really wanted to get home he’d get the money somewhere and then pay it back when he gets home, or try to claim it through his travel insurance.
I presume he wasn’t on the breadline before he set off and had a job before he went.
Another traveler is saying there is resentment from the locals about the Europeans bringing the virus to their country, which must be awful.
I've been on those trips, there's days you couldn't coordinate ordering lunch let alone coordinating a trip home.

And it's a once in a lifetime thing, if ya go home, it's over. I can see why they'd be hesitent to give up.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

He has travel insurance.
I've been on those trips, there's days you couldn't coordinate ordering lunch let alone coordinating a trip home.

And it's a once in a lifetime thing, if ya go home, it's over. I can see why they'd be hesitent to give up.

I don’t think he’s hesitant to give up, he’s hesitant to fork out for it.
To get there in the first place he did manage to coordinate money/flights/visas/jabs etc, but now all of a sudden he’s turned to jelly.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 1:47pm

He has travel insurance.

Ironic seeing as their ancestors probably did the same.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 2:01pm
Coveney just confirmed BA and Aer Lingus are sending a charter to Lima
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:56am
Property Tax.
I signed up for the single Direct Debit option last year, it was supposed to go out on the 22nd March, but it hasn’t gone out yet?
Anyone else do this, has yours gone out?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 12:39pm
They've already said they're deferring collections for two months.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 4:17pm
Gonna be a couple of generations of kids that will be grow up with a OCD germ phobia. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 4:30pm
They'll be whinging that they didn't consent to be being infected by the virus.

Like this helmet -

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-47154287

Edited by horsebox - 24 Mar 2020 at 4:31pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

They've already said they're deferring collections for two months.

Thanks SD, I hadn’t heard that 👍
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:53pm
The number of members in gyms could go down
If people are outside running or exercising in their back gardens all summer they may realise that they don’t need a gym and save themselves 50 quid a month when this is all over 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 24 Mar 2020 at 8:54pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:01pm

If people are outside running or exercising in their back gardens all summer they may realise that they don’t need a gym and save themselves 50 quid a month when this is all over 

Or people could be so unfit that they need to join one when it ends who knows :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:03pm

They go down in the summer anyways.

Absolutely no one suggests let's go do some burpees when it's 20+ degrees outside. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Absolutely no one suggests let's go do some burpees when it's 20+ degrees outside. 
That depends on whether or not you have windees.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

That depends on whether or not you have windees.
LOLLOLClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic