You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How will QPR cope in the EPL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 5:22am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Doubt Warnock will be there by August.
Doubt most of there players will be either.

I have a feeling you could be right but if that does happen I think it would be a joke even if they do get Lippi in

he is a good manager and deserves a crack at the PL
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 6:42am
Gas warnock winning them the championship and everyone ahs him written off as sack already! would love to see them have a good craic at it, good having one of the mid-90's boys back in there, had a few qpr football cards in the collection back in the day
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 6:53am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Gas warnock winning them the championship and everyone ahs him written off as sack already! would love to see them have a good craic at it, good having one of the mid-90's boys back in there, had a few qpr football cards in the collection back in the day

Its not writing him off as such but there are constant rumours that Lippi has been lined up to take over

karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 6:58am
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Its not writing him off as such but there are constant rumours that Lippi has been lined up to take over

aye i know that but if rumours were all true sneijder would be at united, as well as de gea and nueur and reina, tevez would be at inter, your man oxlade - chamberlan would be at arsenal, liverpool and united, garteh bale would be at well over a dozen clubs! People just seem to be taking this one more easily than the others, good few seem to be taking it as fact!

Edited by nvidic - 26 Apr 2011 at 6:59am
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 7:25am
I think Loftus road will be a hard place to go for visiting teams and home form might keep them away from relegation.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 2:32pm
The QPR board haven't backed Warnock with a load of cash so far and i can't see them spending vasts amounts of cash in the summer. I can see the spending £ 10 to £15 million, bringing in a few free transfers and players on loan, the same as promoted clubs have been doing over the years.

I have been reading on a few Web sites that Warnock fancies the look of Luke Chambers if Forest fail to get promoted, a fee of £2 million being mentioned, only £13 m more to spend 
Say nothing till you hear more
Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

they were the top team in london during the mid 90's be good to have em back

no they were never the top team in london ever

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

The QPR board haven't backed Warnock with a load of cash so far and i can't see them spending vasts amounts of cash in the summer. I can see the spending £ 10 to £15 million, bringing in a few free transfers and players on loan, the same as promoted clubs have been doing over the years.

I have been reading on a few Web sites that Warnock fancies the look of Luke Chambers if Forest fail to get promoted, a fee of £2 million being mentioned, only £13 m more to spend 
Questionable statement that!!

Most promoted clubs will have identified and agreed their targets in feb-april and only take the players on a free if everything else is agreed. In the case of QPR having looked likely to be promoted and knowing Warnock's transfer history there will be very few free transfers unless of a high quality, little to no loans unless again of extremely high quality from europe most likely and a few of the top championship lads coupled with a few foreign/established epl lads.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:20pm
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:32pm
The last time Warnock got to the Premier League with Shieffield United he brought in 5 players during the summer, 3 players for a fee and 2 on a free transfers. While the 3 newly promoted teams last all all brought in players for a fee and players on a free agent/ bosman. While Wolves, Wigan, Bolton and sunderland to name but a few teams have all brought players on loan for the season or part of. If Warnock was offered someone like Sturridge or even O'Hara, or a player from Arsenal i'd say he would snap them up
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:40pm
If Warnock was offered a player of the class of Tevez or Macharno, he would take them on a season long loan
Bibi Baskin View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bibi Baskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 11:05am
We are not promoted yet!!!!!!!! Cry

We, QPR have a FA hearing next week as to the signing of Alejandro Faurlin.  There could be a huge fine/huge points deduction depending on the outcome.

Im not drinking any champagne yet or making posts on how we will do next year!! Smile

Started a post on Warnock a few days ago about being the next ROI manager and it got shot down Ouch

Found that strange, would be a type of Jack Charlton character
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 2:12pm
straight back down, like Blackpool
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 2:52pm

The last time Warnock got to the Premier League with Shieffield United he brought in 5 players during the summer, 3 players for a fee and 2 on a free transfers. While the 3 newly promoted teams last all all brought in players for a fee and players on a free agent/ bosman. While Wolves, Wigan, Bolton and sunderland to name but a few teams have all brought players on loan for the season or part of. If Warnock was offered someone like Sturridge or even O'Hara, or a player from Arsenal i'd say he would snap them up

There was a very good reason for this and for every signing - does your stat/link's machine tell you these reasons??

And with all your copy and paste skills could you not spell the club name correctly ffs

The other clubs you mention alot of these clubs took lads on load not to improve the squad but to bolster the numbers and QPR have decent enough quality and numbers in most positions.

My prediction is Neil will be true to form and sign a gk on a free by transfer deadline dayWink
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

There was a very good reason for this and for every signing - does your stat/link's machine tell you these reasons??

And with all your copy and paste skills could you not spell the club name correctly ffs

The other clubs you mention alot of these clubs took lads on load not to improve the squad but to bolster the numbers and QPR have decent enough quality and numbers in most positions.

My prediction is Neil will be true to form and sign a gk on a free by transfer deadline dayWink
Wolves took O'Hara on loan and he has played most games when fit.
Wigan took Al Habsi on loan and has been 1st choice
Bolton took Sturridge on loan he got a few games too, even scored a few goals along the way
Sunderland took Elmohamady on loan and he has played his fair share of games too
You may call it improving a squad, i'd call it improving the team.

As regards my spelling mistake that i made, I must apologise for this and sure maybe you could give me a load of your dictionary as you seem to have no problem with spelling?????

I actually think QPR are a very average side and Warnock needs add to add serious quality to survive. Players like Derry, Orr, Hil and Grokss I believe are not premier league quality. 

londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 9:32am
I've seen QPR several times this year and i haven't been impressed with them at all. I think they'll struggle big time next year.

Only Kenny, Faurlin, Taarabt  & Routledge will be in the starting XI next year in my opinion.

The points deduction WILL NOT HAPPEN. The FA cant afford to get into a legal nightmare over it and they would have to delay the playoffs which is impossible.

Great to see them back up.

"WEST LONDON IS OURS, WEST LONDON IS OUUUURS, f**k OFF CHELSEA... WEST LONDON IS OURS"

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:00pm
LondonIrish they play to Warnock's tried and tested methods in the championship that work(bit of hoofball mixed with a bit of passing - direct play as its knownLOL) and he will use a good portion of his current squad next year as he will only buy lads that fit into his system and not players that wont work for the team as he already has one of them LOL.

He likes to have 1 attacking f/b, 1 rock solid c/b who's tough as nails(Hill), 1 hard tackling midfielder(Derry) complemented with a smart midfielder who can unlock a defence or 2 but do his fair share of work, 1 out and out winger(taarbt) who's given freedom to do as he please's and a big brute of a striker to bully defenders. That is the core nucleus off any Warnock squad for as long as i've known/followed him as a manager from his time at bury and plymouth
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 4:22pm

lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic