You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much did Euro 2012 cost altogether?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Don't worry Redman I'm sure I will come across 4 lads bet into a washing machine sized economical car on the road out of Paris enroute to Bordeaux with a over night stay in Tours .

LOL

We actually hadn't planned on stopping in Tours, we start and finish there for flying in and out but were going to by pass it on the journeys.

Not sure we could make Bordeaux to Lille in one day though, even with 2 of us sharing the driving! Shocked 8 hr journey (without traffic), if we left around 9 am and stopped for 2hrs for Lunch between 1.00-3.00 and got going again and aimed to be beyond Paris before another stop for dinner around 6-7, maybe we could make it to Lille by 9 or 10 that night? Would be a long day, but could be done.

That be 1 long ass journey in 1 day. We did the drive from gdynia to poznan in 2012 (about 5 hours drive) and found it tough. Yous could always head off and drive 4 or 5 hours up the road and stop over for the night and do rest of the drive next day. Could even just get few hours sleep in the car don't bother booking accommodation for that night
The entitlement generation want it all on a plate.... that journey is a piece of piss.
Try Palermo to Genoa in 90 degree heat or Ostende to Civitivecchia

Now where's my violin? Wink
Coming from the spoilt generation that followed the team in the best years Tongue

You are so right of course - my spoilt generation had the pleasure of home games against v Mexico 0-0 att. 5,500 and 0-0 v Poland att. 8,000.
Not to mention heroic moral victories against Algeria, T&T, Israel, FRG B team...spoilt indeed.
Of course this was long before football existed outside the cities and garrison towns. Sometime around the summer of 1990 when the bandwagon got going...

The Bandwagon certainly doesn't apply to me or the traditional football (soccer to gah heads) town in Mayo I hail from.

And anyway for those 80s dark days before the sunshine you put up with our generation has lived through Steve Staunton's infamous reign.

Now pass me back that violin Wink
Violin returned - Any chance of playing Nessum Dorma ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 7:30pm
Be very careful bashing Stan on the forum , there was a mini meltdown a few weeks back & someone was near banned for talking down Stan ...
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 10:47pm
wrt driving in France.
We drove Munich to / from near Auxerre. 840KM ew. Went 27th and back tonight (so catching up on YBIG)
Driving time e/w was 7 1/2 hrs = travel time 9hrs, Helped by the incredibly unwinterlike weather
Paid less than 30€ e/w on tolls.
French motorways have always been good in my experience. Worth paying the money as less traffic.
130kph limit.
Best to get petrol off motorway (20c a litre difference)
If you are not used to long spells driving then you will have more stops.
More importantly, beer selections in Auchan / Carrefour was good.. though small bottles.. plenty of Belgians beers.. none in a fridge.
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 10:51pm

That be 1 long ass journey in 1 day. We did the drive from gdynia to poznan in 2012 (about 5 hours drive) and found it tough. Yous could always head off and drive 4 or 5 hours up the road and stop over for the night and do rest of the drive next day. Could even just get few hours sleep in the car don't bother booking accommodation for that night

Ya staying a night is an option but the cost of another night's accommodation is the downside. Sleeping in the car is an alternative, but imo that would be the same as doing it in 1 day? Say you leave lunchtime one day, arrive lunchtime the next, you essentially still spend a full day driving and will be wrecked for the rest of the day when you get there.

Not sure if you'd sleep well enough in a car so that you'd have any extra energy the next day versus what you'd have at the end of a day's driving... anyone done it before and can comment if sleeping in a car makes you feel more rested than driving all day long?
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 10:58pm

Ya staying a night is an option but the cost of another night's accommodation is the downside. Sleeping in the car is an alternative, but imo that would be the same as doing it in 1 day? Say you leave lunchtime one day, arrive lunchtime the next, you essentially still spend a full day driving and will be wrecked for the rest of the day when you get there.

Not sure if you'd sleep well enough in a car so that you'd have any extra energy the next day versus what you'd have at the end of a day's driving... anyone done it before and can comment if sleeping in a car makes you feel more rested than driving all day long?

Slept in a car driving Darwin to Perth for 5-6 weeks . Only thing is the car we had was a big estate & was uncomfortable as fcuk & was only two of us in it . But if its 4 of ye then 1 night wont make a difference will it ? You will be as tired after a brutal sleep esp the driver seat 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

More importantly, beer selections in Auchan / Carrefour was good.. though small bottles.. plenty of Belgians beers.. none in a fridge.

Seems this carrefour spot will get a lot of business next June from all of us over there. Seen it mentioned alot when I was looking into things while planning my budget out. Seen people saying can get cases of beer for around €10 mark which if true will do very nicely especially for the week we have in arcachon
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

lept in a car driving Darwin to Perth for 5-6 weeks . Only thing is the car we had was a big estate & was uncomfortable as fcuk & was only two of us in it . But if its 4 of ye then 1 night wont make a difference will it ? You will be as tired after a brutal sleep esp the driver seat 

1 night of what? Not sleeping? Or paying for another night's accom? As tired after a brutal sleep - as in don't bother sleeping in the car or? Not sure what you mean...

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 11:38pm

Seems this carrefour spot will get a lot of business next June from all of us over there. Seen it mentioned alot when I was looking into things while planning my budget out. Seen people saying can get cases of beer for around €10 mark which if true will do very nicely especially for the week we have in arcachon

Super U is another one, loads of them around, big supermarkets like Dunnes or Tesco. If anyone can find a website with prices etc throw up the link, couldn't locate one when I was looking the other night.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 11:53pm

Super U is another one, loads of them around, big supermarkets like Dunnes or Tesco. If anyone can find a website with prices etc throw up the link, couldn't locate one when I was looking the other night.

Seen this link on a website said it was for carrefour, be happy if paying them prices next June

http://www.ooshop.com/courses-en-ligne/ContentNavigation.aspx?TO_NOEUD_IDMO=N000000013397&TO_NOEUD_IDFO=81334&NOEUD_NIVEAU=1&UNIVERS_INDEX=7
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 10:01am

Personally, I'd just blast it all in one day. Otherwise its like death with a thousand papercuts. Split it over two days and I think you just end up wasting another day travelling as you'll still be in the motor for 5 hours or more each day.

Did London to Glasgow a few times when I lived down there. 6hrs non stop each way, so nearer 7 hrs each way with fuel stops etc.. Two drivers. Tiring but more than doable. 

You'll get to Lille tired but can be in your bed for 11 or 12 and hit the ground running the next day.

Also, 4 of you sleeping in a fiat cinquecento??? Not a chance. Guarantee after an hour of listening to the non drivers, snoring, farting, talking to their mum in their sleep that one of the drivers just says f**k this and starts driving anyway LOL
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

Personally, I'd just blast it all in one day. Otherwise its like death with a thousand papercuts. Split it over two days and I think you just end up wasting another day travelling as you'll still be in the motor for 5 hours or more each day.

Did London to Glasgow a few times when I lived down there. 6hrs non stop each way, so nearer 7 hrs each way with fuel stops etc.. Two drivers. Tiring but more than doable. 

You'll get to Lille tired but can be in your bed for 11 or 12 and hit the ground running the next day.

Also, 4 of you sleeping in a fiat cinquecento??? Not a chance. Guarantee after an hour of listening to the non drivers, snoring, farting, talking to their mum in their sleep that one of the drivers just says f**k this and starts driving anyway LOL

LOL

Ya, think we will just go for it in a day tbh. Be an all day job but at least you know that before you start and you don't screw over half of another day aswell.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 3:46pm
@redman, so what happens if a woman wants you to go out with her over there?

"Nah, sorry love I only have €2.65 left of me budget today can't go out for dinner or go drinking to a bar"
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

"Nah, sorry love I only have €2.65 left of me budget today can't go out for dinner or go drinking to a bar"
He is on the phone to eboneezer muff as we type LOLLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Imagine going out with those two and you bought the first round LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 3:51pm

Seen this link on a website said it was for carrefour, be happy if paying them prices next June

http://www.ooshop.com/courses-en-ligne/ContentNavigation.aspx?TO_NOEUD_IDMO=N000000013397&TO_NOEUD_IDFO=81334&NOEUD_NIVEAU=1&UNIVERS_INDEX=7

Cheers for the link. Ya, that's the logo for a carrefour alright, it appears it's an online shopping website. 15cent per litre of bottled water - that's the French supermarkets I know and love!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 3:54pm

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Imagine going out with those two and you bought the first round LOL
It would have to be in a pub with only 1 way in and out and no windows and i would insist on a bouncer to lock the door once we were in LOL
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 3:57pm

Exactly! Wink LOL

Doubt we'll have to worry about that a soccer tournament, but there will be an emergency fund just in case! Wink
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 4:00pm

Exactly! Wink LOL

Doubt we'll have to worry about that a soccer tournament, but there will be an emergency fund just in case! Wink

Just ask the countless Irish men who ended up in relationships and had numerous one night stands in Poland Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic