You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much did Euro 2012 cost altogether?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Just ask the countless Irish men who ended up in relationships and had numerous one night stands in Poland Wink

I've heard some stories alright.... LOL
Sponsored Links

xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Red can you come back after the Euro's and let us know what you did spend ? 

I think you can do it but i also think you may miss out on a lot of fun also , who knows but fair play to you anyway Thumbs Up

Hi mate, only just got around to doing this.

So my initial budget was €1250. I stayed on for the knockout game and went to Lyon, having had nothing planned it cost a little bit more than my previous fortnight. Coming home from Lyon, I flew from Geneva to Gatwick to Shannon for €150 ish.

In total I spent €1700 for the 20 days I was in France. That includes everything from flights, to tickets, to food and drink. We stuck well to our budget, which was easy as we ate and drank mainly from supermarkets - we didn't mind, we're students.

I can safely say it was the best 20 days of my life, and I don't feel like we missed out on anything. We had a mix of accommodation from campsites to hotels, so we got the best of both worlds. The car worked out perfectly, and it would have cost us a lot more to live over there if we didn't have it - we used it nearly every day, and with the petrol averaged out between the 5 of us it didn't cost too much at all. If we hadn't been charged a 'young driver surplus' we could have done it for over €100 less each.

What a trip. Thanks to everyone on here who advised me on where to go/what to do, and especially to those who helped us get tickets. You know who you are. C.O.Y.B.I.G.
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Red can you come back after the Euro's and let us know what you did spend ? 

I think you can do it but i also think you may miss out on a lot of fun also , who knows but fair play to you anyway Thumbs Up

Hi mate, only just got around to doing this.

So my initial budget was €1250. I stayed on for the knockout game and went to Lyon, having had nothing planned it cost a little bit more than my previous fortnight. Coming home from Lyon, I flew from Geneva to Gatwick to Shannon for €150 ish.

In total I spent €1700 for the 20 days I was in France. That includes everything from flights, to tickets, to food and drink. We stuck well to our budget, which was easy as we ate and drank mainly from supermarkets - we didn't mind, we're students.

I can safely say it was the best 20 days of my life, and I don't feel like we missed out on anything. We had a mix of accommodation from campsites to hotels, so we got the best of both worlds. The car worked out perfectly, and it would have cost us a lot more to live over there if we didn't have it - we used it nearly every day, and with the petrol averaged out between the 5 of us it didn't cost too much at all. If we hadn't been charged a 'young driver surplus' we could have done it for over €100 less each.

What a trip. Thanks to everyone on here who advised me on where to go/what to do, and especially to those who helped us get tickets. You know who you are. C.O.Y.B.I.G.

Good man RedmanLfc (aka Cormac) , you should get back onto that Rita chic you met in Lyon while your getting back to things now . She looking maintenance money or something . Bet you didn't have contraception budgeted for . In the long run it will also be the most expensive 20 days of your life
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 10:48am
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

[QUOTE=xRedmanLFCx]Good man RedmanLfc (aka Cormac) , you should get back onto that Rita chic you met in Lyon while your getting back to things now . She looking maintenance money or something . Bet you didn't have contraception budgeted for . In the long run it will also be the most expensive 20 days of your life

LOL LOL LOL

Cormac was only a cover name lads LOL LOL LOL LOL

"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 12:43pm
£1250 sterling all in flights tickets and 4 return trips in and out of the venues
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

£1250 sterling all in flights tickets and 4 return trips in and out of the venues

We only played 3 games in Poland or was the Kastellan so good in Torun that I missed a game ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

We only played 3 games in Poland or was the Kastellan so good in Torun that I missed a game ?

didnt read the whole thread title my post relates to france d'oh

poland only managed the croatia game due to work commitments £200 for that one plus beer money

£60 for a bed in a dodgy hostel in poznan and the flight the main chunk of that 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic