You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much did Euro 2012 cost altogether?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneS14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much did Euro 2012 cost altogether?
    Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 3:13pm
Was too young to go last time but keen on going to France, been going to the games regularly since 2010 and became a ST holder this year, was wondering how much it cost last time and how much you'd expect to bring to France taking into account Travel accommodation food and all the rest?
Sponsored Links

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 3:38pm
The cost to my liver and pancreas was the greatest cost of all.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 3:47pm
Poland was dirt cheap for living, beer/food was for nothing. Probably spent €60/day
Logistics wise, probably spent €250 on flights/trains
Accommodation about €30/night
Tickets €120/game

Total for me (2 games, 7 nights) probably a little over €1k
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 3:48pm
For 12 days I reckon about €2,500.
3 tickets = 300
Accom= 500
Flights = 250
Internal Travel = 200
Then youd want about 100 quid a day. Obviously can be done cheaper but I'd imagine there'll be some expensive nights out, so will probably average around that.
Terry Mancicni View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Mancicni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 3:51pm
Completely incomparable between the 2. food/drink/accomodation/train etc. France will be at least twice as expensive for most things. Better off just looking at France as seeing how you can save a few bob here and there. Lads were going for 3 course meals in Poland every night due to how cheap it was. France will defo be more of a self-catering job. Buying bread, cans, wines from shops and trying to save money in that way. As even when the Polish double their prices to make the most of the fans money, it was still dirt cheap. Reckon France will be quite expensive.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 3:57pm
France will be way more expensive than Poland. I was at the 3 matches but flew home after the Spain match and flew back for a night for the Italy match. I'd say in all that I spent about €1.3K in total. That was €360 for match tickets, about €400 for flights & trains, €200 for accom and the rest on food & drink.

I'll only be going to 1 or 2 games max in France but I'd say I'll spend a good lot more than I did in Poland.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:04pm
Went to Poland for all three and cost aroud €1300. Going again this time but im guessing the cost will be closer to €2,000 or more but worth every cent
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:05pm
France will probably cost double what Poland Cost easy. We were in Poland for 16 days and we spent about €2,500 for 2 paying for everything.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:08pm
In the same boat as yourself.. Definitely looks like it will be upwards of 2k if you're going to all the group games.. The amount of travel in this doesn't help at all
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:16pm
Was away for 15 days for Poland and all in cost me in the region of €1300 for everything.

Fully expecting France to cost me at least €2000 this time around.

Whatever your spending money per day was in Poland you can treble it for France.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:17pm
Food and drink prices in France are likely to be 3-5 times greater than Poland. There'll be no 4zl/90c pints in France that's for sure.
Supermarkets/Campsites will keep the cost down. Eating and drinking in restaurants every night will cost a fortune.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:18pm
Carrefour for cans, McDonalds for eats.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:23pm
Stayed in Berlin for the two weeks. flights 180, tickets 360, accom 200, buses to games 150, spedning money 800. Great that theres something to do every day watching the matches.
ShaneS14 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneS14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:24pm
I was in france last summer on a campsite around 2 hours from Paris and a pint cost 7 euro, so you could imagine what it will be like in the city's 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:26pm
I wonder if the costs of things in France deter people from travelling without match tickets - Poland was different because everything was piss cheap and many who went with no intention of going to the games.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 20 Nov 2015 at 4:27pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:28pm
Poland cost me about 1500. expect to spend around 2000 for the group stages in france but be trying to keep costs down anyway I can
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:28pm
Reckon the guts of two grand would sort you out. If ye stick in the cans and cheap take always over there. Barely drank in the pubs in Poland as the craic was always out in the squares.
Chips don't bounce
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 4:32pm
Poland cost me 2.5K for 16 nights but that was including 2 nights in Germany and 2 in Austria.

Thank fook for Credit Unions in this country
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic