You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many aways will you get to?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Poll Question: How many away games will you make it to?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
26 [28.57%]
16 [17.58%]
29 [31.87%]
20 [21.98%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many aways will you get to?
    Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:25pm
Also which games will games will you go to?

So far the consensus seems that most people will be going to Switzerland.
Have booked Georgia and then fly to Zurich. Will wait to see about Gib and will book after the Christmas if I can.
From the usual group of about 10 people that I'd travel with only 1 person has booked Denmark. Not much of an interest in it and if there's going to be one expensive country it might as well be Switzerland.

The dark side.. And the light
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:29pm
Hopefully all 4 but could well be 3 depending on Gibraltar. The group I usually go with have all booked Denmark this morning.

Switzerland will be popular but I don't think there will be issues there Its a Tuesday night and a very expensive trip. 1800 tickets if they stick to 5% should cover all the regulars. 
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:32pm
Just doing 2. Denmark and Switzerland. 

Get in matchday into Copenhagen and will stay till Sunday. Get in day before game into Zurich and staying in Hotel Gregory Embarrassed LOL (cheap and cheerful!!)

no interest in going back to Tbilisi for the 3rd time nor going to a sh*t hole of Gibraltar or Faro if the game is played there. 

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:37pm
Will be away for Gibraltar but will try do the other three. Definitely want to go back to Tbilisi again, loved the place
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
JamieRed View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamieRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:44pm
I'll do swiss and gibraltar for sure, will do one of the other two 
Peter Schmeichel will be like a father figure to Kasper Schmeichel.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:46pm
If Gibraltar is in faro all 4 but not spending a few hundred with no chance of a ticket in Gibraltar 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:47pm
Swiss and Gibraltar are on my list.

Was never going to do the June Away( unless it was the second game) as I'll be going to the Cure on the 8th June.

Doing two away in October wouldn't be great for the bank balance so I just torture that by going to Switzerland (may stay in Germany or France though and travel down match day to save some spending money)
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:48pm
Georgia and Switzerland double header so long as God spares me.
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:49pm
Georgia and Gibraltar(location dependent)
Danger here, OH NO
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:53pm
All booked up for all except Georgia. Would love to do it again but falling on the same double header as Switzerland away. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 3:53pm
No interest in going to Georgia or Denmark (for a 3rd time).

Will defo go to Switzerland and Gibralater
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:00pm
Wont know my holidays till March so cant do a thing till then Angry but hopefully Georgia, Swizerland and Denmark. No real interest in Gibraltar/Faro even though i had holidays booked around that date
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:03pm
Two at most! Gibraltar if it’s in Faro then either one of Georgia/Switzerland, which ever is most cost friendly overall.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:05pm
Will try and do all four if I possibly can.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:07pm
seville for gibraltar covers both options of where the game may be played with a 2 hr drive
georgia & switzerland double header a bit of a ball ache, works out cheaper to come home and do a 24 hour trip to switzerland
denmark will go again 

PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

Switzerland for certain. Probably do Gib as it's Micks first game, fly into Malaga and hire a car or possibly direct into Gib closer to the time out of MAN or LGW I've booked a hotel for Marbella no interest staying Gibraltar. sh*tehole

Zero interest in Georgia, possibly Copenhagen depending on work if I'm off i'll probably jump on a flight to go. 

Really?? I thought it was quality when I was there, plenty to do and see, plenty of nice wee bars and restaurants. If I wasn't away in march id head to it. Id recommend staying in it to anyone.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:14pm
With the majority saying Switzerland that could be tight for tickets. Might need a few aways to be sure of it 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

Switzerland for certain. Probably do Gib as it's Micks first game, fly into Malaga and hire a car or possibly direct into Gib closer to the time out of MAN or LGW I've booked a hotel for Marbella no interest staying Gibraltar. sh*tehole

Zero interest in Georgia, possibly Copenhagen depending on work if I'm off i'll probably jump on a flight to go. 

Really?? I thought it was quality when I was there, plenty to do and see, plenty of nice wee bars and restaurants. If I wasn't away in march id head to it. Id recommend staying in it to anyone.
It is like all those other nothing English towns, but on the Mediterranean. The pubs are all awful,(worth noting, for those that love an Irish bar abroad,  that the token Irish pub is, or at least was, run by a Jim McDonald type Nordie and his wife with Orange Order sympathies from the Portadown area) the food is the worst of English cuisine, the type the world still laughs at and the  only attraction is the trip to the top of the rock, and it really isn't worth it.
In my visits there I have had a group of locals wanting a go because they thought I was part of the British Armed services and saw a full on brawl between locals and said armed services in Casemates Square. They all want to be British, they just don't like their army or the navy.
 They speak a bizarre mix of Spanish and English that is supposed to be where Gibberish comes from. It is a very odd place.

Are you sure you have been there?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic