You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How confident are you about this campaign?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Poll Question: Will we qualify for the Euros?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [2.90%]
50 [36.23%]
11 [7.97%]
60 [43.48%]
8 [5.80%]
5 [3.62%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:33pm
Ireland ffs just qualify in the top 2 and we stay the feck away from these playoffs 

I'm worried about this Georgia game and no if or buts about it we need all 3 points and then worry next about what we have to do. As much as I'd love it 6 points is not possible in next months games unless the Swiss really mess up and by christ if it happens then it is party time. 

Most likely outcome out of next months games for us is 1 point (draw in georgia and lose to Switzerland) and Swiss/Denmark to draw. We could lose in Tblisi too if were not careful. Georgia vs Gibraltar the same day as Switzerland vs Ireland 
Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I'm sure this is answered a million times elsewhere. If The Swiss or Danes finish 3rd do they have a play off guranteed via the Homebase League?

Both are guaranteed a play off should they not qualify automatically

If Denmark qualify from our group, then Wales get they play off spot unless they have qualfied directly then We get the spot.

This is not how the playoffs via the Nations League work at all - if only it was that straightforward. It's covered in the Nations League thread

UEFA had a video out before the Nations League that made it look like that was the case. But it's not. Even though it wouldn't suit us, I actually think that would be better for the Nations League if it was the case. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:43pm
Jesus hope we dont end up playing the north in a playoff 

They would do a job on us 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Not all of them. There are 22 teams above us. We need 14 of them to qualify automatically for us to get a playoff. 2 of them are Switzerland and Denmark (bar a Georgian miracle of course), so we need 12 of the remaining teams to do it. The more the better though, as the more that make it automatically, the better chance we have of a home semi final.
I think this is what I said. 
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:50pm
Not confident watching this sh*te atm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Not confident watching this sh*te atm

A second XI playing in an almost empty stadium 

Irrelevant really 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic